Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
The damn 6* weekly ticket gave me a honda 2&4 worth 1 million and when i try to sell it it was 292K only šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬ .

When tickets involve as prizes in weekly races , usually the rewards are crap ( at least for me ).
The previous one gave me a lexus race car worth 800K !!!!! which was the first time getting car less than 1 million and the selling price was less than 300k .

Although i can't forget that lately another 6* gave me a crappy 1 million VGT car (Subaru) that was sold for 712 K šŸ˜± !!!!.

Every duplicate car I've gotten from the weekly challenge rewards has been at basically the minimum sell price, maybe it's just a coincidence but you can't help feeling like it tries to give you the thing that's worth the least.
Am feeling exactly that way šŸ¤£ .
Always get things worth the least possible especially at weekly races.
Not to mention that CRB that i didn't get any šŸ˜± and in 2 cases i really don't know why ( not dirt one which am terrible).

Instead of running the races in reverse order as I usually do, I chose the last race at Autopolis and the first race at Fisherman's Ranch.

Because I don't care for either of them.

WTC900 at Autopolis
Cars: Alpine VGT '17 and Mazda LM55
Difficulty Setting: Hard
Mods: Turbos, tires and aero adjustments to bring both in line with PP restrictions

First attempts were in the Alpine VGT '17. Monstrous straight line speed / acceleration with the Medium Speed Turbo, good fuel economy, good aero grip, good traction for a rear wheel drive car, but average / poor low and mid speed cornering. I obliterated the cheater VGTs in last week's race at Kyoto. This week, though, was... disappointing.

Pushing, pushing on Racing Mediums with a 1-stop strategy, short shifting on FM1. This car and I DO NOT get alone with this track. The AI, however, loves it. I was in 4th place when I pit in for tires and some fuel at the end of lap 5. As usual, the AI, gave me the race with the leaders pitting around lap 9.

Fun Fact: Even though the Alpine is rear engine, rear wheel drive, it still manages to have significantly worse front tire wear than the Mazda LM55, despite the LM55 being AWD.

I re-ran the race in the LM55 because I was feeling vindictive. I achieved a much faster time, but...

Behold the power of GT7 AI rubber-banding:

R5 - Alpine VGT - Rubberband.jpg

R5 - Results - Mazda - Rubberband.jpg

Japanese AWD 600 at Fisherman's Ranch
Cars:
GTR R32 (R92CP swapped), Toyota Tundra
Difficulty Setting: Hard
Mods: Fulls mods to bring cars in line with PP restrictions - Racing Transmissions work better here, IMO

I dug out a tune for my swapped R32 GTR and realized why I haven't revisited this race. I ran my old tune several times and couldn't manage better than 3rd.

I jumped into the Tundra with a tune slapped together - yes I have a 600pp tarmac track Tundra, doesn't everyone? - and won on the first try. The Tundra felt dumber to drive, but was somehow much faster. Maybe the low end torque from the supercharger and the high ride height.

R1 - Tundra Taking it Easy.jpg

R1 - Results - Tundra.jpg

I revisited my swapped R32, raised the ride height to the stars, softened the suspension until it was warm cheese and went to work. Several runs later, I got first and beat the Tundra time, but it cost me a chunk of my sanity.

R1 - R32r92 - Fixating.jpg

This event made me miss the Urus :lol: And I will probably try the Alphard because I hate myself.

After that, I'd had it with AI, and went to bed. I'm looking forward to the rest of the races though.

@RCKakashi14 your GTR looks amazing and I want it. I will build one later. :lol:

Another week, another time to show the cars I used for each race in this week's weekly challenge:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15 (Japanese 4WD Challenge 600) (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Rally Car replica from GT6)
Fishermans Ranch_.jpeg
BMW M2 Competition '18 (Schwarzwald League)
High Speed Ring Reverse_.jpeg
Alpine A110 '17 (Special Event - Alpine A110 One-Make) (Gr.4 build)
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit__1.jpeg
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vļ½„spec II NĆ¼r (R34) '02 (Nissan GT-R Cup) (Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06)
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse__1.jpeg
Honda NSX GT500 '08 (World Touring Car 900) (Honda ARTA NSX '06; I couldn't get first place in this race but still managed to get 3rd)
Autopolis International Racing Course__2.jpeg

This week was good to me. Well, the tickets were.

Parts = who cares
150k = 150k (crazy, right?)
6* = AMG VGT road car. I didn't have this and my next pseudo-goal is to get all the cars... so this saved me 1mil credits
Marathon... 6*! That one got me the McLaren P1! Already owned it so I sold it for 1.92mil.

So I ended up with well over 2mil credits and 1mil I don't need to spend on a car. I'll take that.

Last edited:
Here we go for this week:
Autopolis in the Renown sister car. Didn't expect rain so early, end of lap 2. I was going for a non-stopper but alas, the rain threw me off. Pitted at the end of 3 for IM's. Rain stayed until about the 8th. I was in third by 9 and only won because 1st and 2nd ran out of fuel. :lol:
Autopolis International Racing Course__1 (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Fisherman's in the WRX Gr. B road car McRae X-Games livery. Was about to overtake 1st but I clipped the barrier on the second to the last turn. Still ended in 2nd.
Fishermans Ranch_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
The Alpine race was ok. No idea what my set-up is but I have to look it over. Car kept on hooking upon braking. Still won though.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_ (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
HSR in one of my Porsches was easy. Won by 20 plus seconds.
High Speed Ring Reverse_ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
BMR in one of my Gr.A R32's. Another easy win.
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse__1 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Won a Subie VGT which I didn't have so a keeper.
Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240719163602 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Iā€™ve been thinking of which car Iā€™ll use for that Schwarzwald League round, and then I remembered that I had a BMW 3.0 CSL with a Z4 GT3 engine, so I bet thatā€™ll hit the 700 PP limit after some tinkering with the power/weight.

Last edited:
I finished this up early this morning. I used the LM55, GTR 17, 917, Tundra, & Mazda 3. Surprisingly I had the most issues at Fisherman's Ranch. I used the Tundra 1st came in 4th. So I switched to the Mazda 3 and finished 4th. I ended doing the race 3 more times and I finished 4th, 5th and finally 2nd. Got GTR 500 or whatever it's called.

kjb
I finished this up early this morning. I used the LM55, GTR 17, 917, Tundra, & Mazda 3. Surprisingly I had the most issues at Fisherman's Ranch. I used the Tundra 1st came in 4th. So I switched to the Mazda 3 and finished 4th. I ended doing the race 3 more times and I finished 4th, 5th and finally 2nd. Got GTR 500 or whatever it's called.
I run this fish thing also 2 times first time end 5th and second one pick a swapped Mitsubishi and win the damn thing.
Imagine that i was on easy level for that šŸ¤£ .
I hate dirt .

That last Clean Race is always elusive...
  • Japanese 4WD - GR Corolla šŸ”° (3rd)
  • Schwarzwald League - R8 V10 plus šŸ”°
  • Special Event - Obvious šŸ”°
  • GT-R Cup - NISMO 400R šŸ”°
  • WTC900 - Audi VGT Gr 1

Spoils:
  • 40k total from 2 dailies
  • High Lift Camshaft S for Toyota Crown from 6-Star Part Ticket
  • Zagato VGT from 6-Star Car Ticket

I run this fish thing also 2 times first time end 5th and second one pick a swapped Mitsubishi and win the damn thing.
Imagine that i was on easy level for that šŸ¤£ .
I hate dirt .
I was too. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I hate the jumps on that track. I really do hate that track. It might might move the Willows out my most hated track spot.

Finished them all this early afternoon, it was a fun week!

1) Japanese 4x4 600 @ Fisherman's Ranch

This was possibly and surprisingly the most fun event of the week. The randomizer sent me here with the Yaris GR and it's a fun mean rally machine! First attempt was with the car fully stock with just dirt tires, resulted in a P4. Invested the 11k in upgrades but it wasn't enough, once again P4; eventually decided to get a few more upgrades which allowed me to win. No CRB, as usual on dirt events, really great fun! First time winning this event too.

20970804815930395.jpg

Parts ticket gave me a Bore Up S for the BAC Mono.

2) Schwarzwald League @ High Speed Ring Reverse

This was the most interesting event, even though not because of the event itself. So I did swap the 964 with the 959 engine, and gave it the 700pp Praiano tune but lowered it: it's my limit, I don't like how his setups look with those extreme rake setups. Then, took on the race as usual in cockpit view and saw the wheel getting stuck from time to time; thought it was a glitch but the car was absolutely undrivable on the high bank corners of the Ring. Then, stupid me realized it wasn't a glitch, but it was the front wheels getting stuck in the fenders! Immediately raised the front by 3-4 cm, and how things changed! This car is actually a wonder to drive, I completely fell in love with it! Won the race with extreme ease, what a machine! Immediately stopped regretting spending a million on the swap.

20970561914630619.jpg

3) Alpine A110 One-make @ Brands Hatch GP

Back on "my friend's" A110, exactly as it was after the last time there was the one-make race for this. Which means, stock car on SS tires with a brake controller set on -3 for more brake force on the front. Very easy win, way easier than last time at Deep Forest, but a really fun event.

20970907632957113.jpg

4) Nissan GT-R Cup @ Blue Moon Bay Infield A

For this one the randomizer picked for me the R33 GT-R, which I tried to turn into a track-inspired version of the LM Limited, and took it up to 700pp. The car obliterated the race and it was great fun to drive, even on SS tires instead of RH ones. CRB and a great event overall.

20970638263880643.jpg

5) WTC 900 @ Autopolis

Not the most fun of races of this game, but the SC430 that the randomizer had me use for this was surprisingly interesting to drive. Unfortunately my impossibility of keeping focus for a prolonged time, driving in P10 in literally no man's land, had me do a bit too many mistakes before and after the pit stop which allowed me to reach at best a P3. Kawakami never pitted so it wasn't even a race.

20970331846876397.jpg

The car ticket gifted me for the third time an FXX-K, which at least I sold for 2,3 millions.

Last edited:
That last Clean Race is always elusive...
  • Japanese 4WD - GR Corolla šŸ”° (3rd)
  • Schwarzwald League - R8 V10 plus šŸ”°
  • Special Event - Obvious šŸ”°
  • GT-R Cup - NISMO 400R šŸ”°
  • WTC900 - Audi VGT Gr 1

Spoils:
  • 40k total from 2 dailies
  • High Lift Camshaft S for Toyota Crown from 6-Star Part Ticket
  • Zagato VGT from 6-Star Car Ticket
You got... the shaft :lol:

Here's what I achieved so far. Again, I started with the stock cars Nagano's randomizer gave me.

Race 1
Lancer Evo Final / 507,05 PP
I really like racing on gravel and I was quite surprised how good the full stock Lancer performed on the Ranch. Being very cautious in the beginning, I reached P4 at my first attempt and then improved one position with every other lap. So my fourth race brought the win with CRB - after an incredible finish from that last tight S to the line between me and the two leading cars.

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240719153936.jpg

An epic battle with a double cutback for the victory.

Race 2
Audi R8 4.2 / 556,55 PP
Without any performance upgrades I could reach P2 with the car, easily, with CRB. Impossible though to keep up with D. Parker's V10 Audi so what I did was mount a fully adjustable ECU and SM tires. That's been enough of an improvement to reach him on the bridge, overtake him on the outside line of the penultimate turn and bring it home with a tiny tiny bit of blocking ...

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240719205410.jpg

The art of not getting stuck in traffic.

Race 3
Alpine A110 / 525,85 PP
Others have mentioned it before, this is a wonderful event. I don't have a wide body kit, there's no wing attached to my car, just simple aero, the stock car more or less but that's what makes things come alive imo. Keeping it smooth and in the flow - great ! Sectors 2 and 3 is where you gain most ... and where the fun is.

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240720103803.jpg

The most promising race start ever.

Race 4
GT-R NĆ¼r / 538,20 PP
BMB and HSR. Different events, different cars, the same story though. The R34 is a masterpiece but ultimately it just can't compete against next generation cars ... or engine swaps. So you open up your wallet again to help your car become quicker. And again, it's a fully adjustable ECU and SM tires. - And hey, guess I've never been that much below the suggested PP limit.

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240720153639.jpg

BMB infield reverse is slowly growing on me.

Race 5
GT-R GT500 / 842,65 PP
I really love Autopolis. I've begged for a JGTC race on this track last week. And now that I've been heard, I struggle. Or stumble. Came in fourth with the stock car, came in second after mounting a high range turbo and RM tires but I don't think I'll ever find another 1,5 seconds per lap with this car. So I tell myself to settle with P2 ... for now.

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240720194116.jpg

Podium finish in sight and a 6 star car ticket.

And what did the ticket bring ?

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240720194955.jpg

Who is Zuffenhausen ?

Thought about entering the HSR event with this car.

:D

WTC 900:

I picked GT-R GT500 2016 with Racing Soft fitted.
I managed to drive it until lap 5 and changed tires to Racing Soft again.
When I drive fast enough, Kawakami, Jehoul, Sternberg (all of them attempt no-pitter) will pit at lap 8 or 9, so I was able to outran Kawakami (on the fresh tires) with completely worn tires by 1.8 seconds.

The other races were easy wins.

Last edited:
Back