Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,400 comments
Is it now required to post car photos to be a relevant post? I'm way too lazy or maybe just not that motivated to do all that. I'll say it was a fun week. The 787B was the easy button at Fuji. The rest of my choices were based on cars not driven lately. Not really worth listing tbh. Sold my 6 star ticket car, a VGT of some sort or another.

Overall I am pretty happy with this week's races. The Special Event was a fun choice but didn't really feel like the star race of this week, with the AI seemingly all over the place through Paddock Hill Bend and Surtees.

As soon as it was time to overtake P1, they just sort of... almost ran themselves off the track and were never seen again.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_.jpeg

EventCarPPHPWeight (lb)Tire / Strategy
Sunday Cup ClassicHonda S800 '66343.58711587Comfort: Soft
Japanese Clubman Cup 550Honda Civic Type R (FK2) '15515.893053042Sports: Hard
Porsche CupPorsche Cayman GT4 '16573.293792954Sports: Hard
Special Event - BAC MONO One-MakeBAC Mono '16623.192771411Sports: Medium
World Touring Car 800GT by Citroen Race Car Gr.3731.155992646Racing: 6IM - 4IM*
*The game crashed at the end of the race and wasn't really paying attention to the strategy. Could be 7IM - 3IM.

Almost pulled out the Hello Kitty Integra for the Japanese Clubman Cup race, but it turned out to be way too much for the event. Maybe another day...
op-car.png

Prize from 6-Star Roulette Ticket: 1,000,000 Cr.

Last edited:
Is it now required to post car photos to be a relevant post? I'm way too lazy or maybe just not that motivated to do all that. I'll say it was a fun week. The 787B was the easy button at Fuji. The rest of my choices were based on cars not driven lately. Not really worth listing tbh. Sold my 6 star ticket car, a VGT of some sort or another.
It's not required.It's just something to do. Helps tell your story.I must say I do enjoy the different liveries I see in these photos though.

Super easy this week. Went on my monsterous LM55 with IM at first the Ai pitted soon with Wets and after lap 7 went on Racing Hards as i had high PP and Ai were still pitting for wets on a dry tarmac... Fuel 1 was able to get even 11 laps full power this thing is a cheat code... Won by 40 seconds...

Very easy this week.

Are you aware that 80 % of them actually are there ? Always ! ;)
You're perfectly right, of course.

Part of me wishes the other 20% -- the Special Events -- were also kept around to replay later. But realistically, I only go back and replay single-player content when it comes up in the weekly challenge, so it doesn't make any practical difference to me whether it sticks around or disappears.

Last edited:
This weeks races were interesting, especially the last one in the rain:
  • Race 1 - Porsche 356 (swapped)
  • Race 2 - Honda Beat (swapped)
  • Race 3 - Porsche 356 (swapped)
  • Race 4 - Ummm....😁
  • Race 5 - Porsche 911 RSR: And this one was weird. All computer drivers start on full wets. With the exception of P1, everybody pits end of L1 for IMs. End of L2, P1 comes in for IMs. L4 I'm looking at my tires thinking I've got one more in them. I then discover two things; 1.) I did NOT have another lap, and; 2.) the new 'puncture mode' completely blows. They should have also included a "I-give-up-and-just-want-to-get-out-and-push-the-car-the-rest-of-the-way" button. RS's make more traction in the snow.
Here's the weirder part on Race 5, though. Apparently nobody let the computer drivers know about the new tire wear model. NONE of them made it to the pits by the end of lap 6. ALL of them were in 'puncture mode' struggling to get through the last four/five turns. I thought it was just me being terrible at tire management (I am) but apparently we all sucked at it.🤣

If you were worried about Race 5 being an impossible rain task, it might not be.👍

:cheers:

Not required at all, but all I can say is that it makes the game more fun for me. I pick my cars for the weekly challenges also keeping in mind how to obtain a nice picture. Plus, I get to appreciate the Scapes mode which otherwise would be wasted space on my PS4 and and I realize lots of screensavers for my PC. But I admit it can take some 20-30 minutes to take pictures plus some other minutes to manipulate them into a single one (you need more than one scape to fit 5 cars) and sometimes I only realize int his phase that I messed up cars positioning and I need to restart from scratch, so it's totally understandable if you don't want to engage in this

No, not required but iam seeing some damn good race pictures posted and is making me step up my game...

I used the Sauber C9 for the final race at Fuji & win it there. Started on IM & strangely the weather didn't get dry enough (at least for myself) to even pit once. I ran the same tyres till the end. The Sauber car being only 600+kgs in weight helped with the less tyre deg.

I even kept switching the FM from 5 to 4 & vice versa. The Sauber not only was generous with fuel mileage but was very responsive with the braking (unlike the Audi R8 which is the recommended car). The car was so smooth & stable through the long sweeping turns which helped me make up time. The best car I feel in mixed conditions.

Did Fuji again as a daily grind, this time in the Nissan R92 on wets to begin with, change to inters on lap 5, providing you didn't drop it to 1st or 2nd gear it was delightful. No need to fuel, would be 799pp on racing hards. Weather on this race is crackers.

I did the Fuji race again, this time in the Lexus SC430 GT500. I won a bit easier than I thought I would. Rain stopped on lap 6 and I pitted for slicks at the end of lap 8. The one tiny CRB-killing mistake I made was sliding through T1 coming out of the pits. I knew I had to be careful coming out not on the dry line, but the brakes locked immediately and I was powerless to keep it on the road. Needless to say, I was annoyed for the final 2 laps. I will probably attempt the CRB again tomorrow, before the new WCs come.

IMG_2590.jpeg
I had fun rocking some old school cars on the weekly! Racing the little 356 Speedster was very hard… I must have restarted the race 10 times (8 beers 🤣) the the last race I was in the lead by lap 4…. Must have needed the Dutch Courage.

Now the new races are up I’ll have to find some new rigs!

Last edited:
Considering I have 86M credits in the bank and really have not gotten along with the new physics (no steering feel in my T300RS anymore) I really can't say I'm excited to play the game that much. So 800k credits just isn't worth it to me, especially if I have to race at Eiger reverse to win it.

I really like Eiger Nordwand. I like the narrow twisty tracks. I'm one of these people who'd die for a Citta di Aria Circuit Experience. :lol:
I preferred Costa di Amalfi to Citta di Aria personally, but yes, CEs for those would be amazing. I don't mins Eiger forward, but in reverse, I has a really weird flow to me. The hairpins are more fun going downhill!

Back