Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,398 comments
Ran Eiger last night in the 205. It’s the only car that I can get the back end to come around on those switch backs. Of course, its short wheelbase makes it super squirrelly everywhere else. Took about 5 tries to finish the race. Got 2nd. Fastest lap of 1:04.1.

Then I took the 787b out to Willow Springs. This was like driving a luxury car around town. Such a plush and smooth ride. Didn’t really try hard to win and took an easy 2nd place.

Overall this week sucked. Eiger is definitely on my top 5 least favorite tracks in the game. I would love to see PD add Road America instead, but fictional tracks dont cost them any money in licensing so that’s likely what we will keep getting.

kjb
Next I went to Eiger reverse. I say this as a person who enjoys the track but the reverse of the track should not be used for any races ever again 🤣. I tried the Audi, Mustang and the Impreza. I think Impreza worked best but unfortunately I had to pit and never got higher than 6th. I really don't like the reverse layout because it doesn't have any kind of flow. As soon as you get going good there's a hairpin. I refuse to go back to that track and I am choosing to pass on the final ticket
There is a flow, believe me. It is hard to find but it's there, though it is easily broken by the left-hander at the pit entry and by the second pair of hairpins. But you can get it done, don't give up!

There is a flow, believe me. It is hard to find but it's there ...
milesandsonflow.jpg

Well I went back to Eiger and tried the last race. 1st I used the Impreza Gr.B but felt kinda heavy and a little too loose in the rear. I tried it a couple times before I decided to go back to the 98 Impreza. One thing I did pick up on with the Gr.B was to slide through the corners to stay on the racing line. So when I switched out it was flowing for me. I was able to get up to 3rd before I had to pit because I was eating the RM tires up. By the time I got to the 7th lap the right front tire was completely gone. After putting I ended up in 10th but no one else had pitted yet so I knew I would be able to at least get 3rd. I ended up passing P1 on the penultimate lap won by 2 seconds. For all my troubles I got a P1 GTR which I sold. Thanks to everyone who encouraged to give Eiger another shot.
The new WC looks okay but isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time Fuji has appeared.

These special events have been very nice recently, worthy of a permanent place in the game.
I may do the rest of the races as well this time. Even the Fuji one isn't too bad.

That would be a great prize. You could do this.

back to the future dmc GIF
If you could get 1.21 gigawatts within the roulette wheel for the Delorean I'd take back everything bad I ever said about this game.

This does make me wish we had one more UK-based track, real or fictional.

Since they mostly reserve Goodwood for appropriate classics, we get Brands Hatch a lot whenever they want to do something vaguely British. I like Brands Hatch, but wish we had just a tad more variety.
We need Silverstone back.

These special events have been very nice recently, worthy of a permanent place in the game.
I may do the rest of the races as well this time. Even the Fuji one isn't too bad.

That would be a great prize. You could do this.

back to the future dmc GIF
They need to add that effect somewhere in the game! C’mon

Smaller randomiser update this week than last (thankfully - I've decided to wait until 1.51 before I change any other ratings): I've borrowed the chilli system from the game to easily show if you've been given an easier or harder car than the average for that race (based on PP).

Let's hope it's not a 6 star engine ticket 🤣 Stingy this week with payouts. Mind you, it's pretty stingy generally. Only a handful of races that are worth doing when credit farming.

Last edited:
Cars for this week which I give a 9/10 score fantastic races.:)
Untitled-4.jpg

Race 1 - Sunday Cup Classic - Found this beauty and decide to take it for a Sunday drive.

Car - Stock
Tires - CS
CRB - No
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809000836.jpg

Race 2 - Japanese Clubman Cup 550 - Another new car I haven't driven so I decide to take it out for a spin.

Car - Stock
Tires - SS
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809001810.jpg

Race 3 - Porsche Cup I wanna to give this Porsche 911 992 GT3 RS some time so I sidelined my 918.

Car - Stock
Tires - SM
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809003115.jpg

Race 4 - Mono Special Event - I just added RH tires and off we want a little overkill since the ai is using SM.:lol::P

Car - Stock
Tires - RH
CRB - No
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809004119.jpg

Race 5 - My favorite I forgot this race starts in the wets which my p1 didn't like but thankfully neither does the AI.:lol:
3 Yellow flags cause by the AI in the race.

Car - Stock
Tires - Wets/RM
CRB - No
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809010642.jpg

My 6* Ticket stuff gave me 1M which I will save for a rainy day.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809010758.jpg

Last edited:
This was a fun set of races this week (normal difficulty)...

weekly-challenge-202408w2-r1.jpg

Tsukuba - VW Golf I GTI '83 - Aside from some aero to dress the car up a bit, I left it unchanged. Despite being over the 350PP suggested limit, the race was hardly a gimme. I only just took the lead from the Citreon in the final corner. Fun stuff. First ticket obtained.

weekly-challenge-202408w2-r2.jpg

Spa - Toyota Supra RZ '97 - I added some aero and upgraded the tires to SS for an easy win at Spa.

weekly-challenge-202408w2-r3.jpg

Yamagiwa - Porsche 959 '87 - There were already SS tires on the car when I got to the track, so I suspect I've driven this car before. The race was a little rough. I managed to take the lead at the start of the final lap, so all I had to do was to cruise to the win. That didn't happen. Instead, I stupidly got the braking all wrong on the hill down to the chicane and went for a drive in the grass. Finished P2, which was good enough for the second ticket.

weekly-challenge-202408w2-r4.jpg

Brands Hatch - BAC Mono '16 - I upgraded the tires to SS this one. No other changes. That was plenty. The car took a bit of getting used to. Have to brake early in this car. Easy win.

weekly-challenge-202408w2-r5.jpg

Fuji - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Gr.3 - The race started wet. I started on IM tires, but the rest of the field chose W. A couple laps in, they all pitted for IM tires, giving me the lead. I stayed out until I needed more fuel, which was at the end of lap 7. The track was starting to dry so I switched to RM tires. I came out behind a few cars. They were struggling with grip on the IMs, and I got by a couple of them as they spun out. The others soon pitted for slicks, too, handing me back the lead for an easy win. Final ticket obtained.

The 6-star ticket gave me 500,000. I'll take it.

Back