• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,388 comments
This week is done for me:

1911374e2ad4-screenshotUrl.jpg

1911374a0a263-screenshotUrl.jpg

191137459ad56-screenshotUrl.jpg

191101c847043-screenshotUrl.jpg

1911373e8ad83-screenshotUrl.jpg

Got a Red Bull X2014 Standard as a prize. Perfect. Needed one to build a 20-car grid for the story. One less to worry about.

Last edited:
Tried the Escudo but it's horrible with my current setup on 1.49. Tried a lot but it keeps twisting around like crazy. Any chance you can share your setup?
I could grab it but it's absolutely deadly, especially on the brakes. Best thing I can give is the advice of brake early and gently then just roll that speed into the corner off throttle. You can also throttle brake a bit in slower corners to help the engine response at lower RPM.

My 787B was a dream to drive at Big Willow, steering was very smooth, maybe too smooth but was a doodle getting round and not veering wildly towards the desert at the last big bend and last turn.

Not gonna lie the six star tuning part tickets are so useless I don’t know why they still exist. I mean I’m glad that they were made useless by being able to buy the parts finally, but they should be replaced with something else. They’re basically one star tickets to me at this point. Or at least make it so that the parts you win aren’t tied to a specific car

Enter and exit correctly, don't cross the line and you will not get the penalties.

Am sure about that , what is the correctly is difficult to understand.
The third time i try it by crawling and get only 3 seconds which is huge success over the " guess right exit " 😂

@Batschisane52 there is also entry penalty ?

I didn't know that exists something like that 😂
New things.
First time i run out of fuel try to guess where the pits are during the race , second time i follow AI to find out where the hell is .
Third time i did it right ( short of ) and get the bonus of 6 sec.
4th time wasn't generous,only 3 sec . perhaps i enter right .
5th time ?
ohhh wait, there's no way to be and 5th time , my carrier on that is finished.

Last edited:
Am sure about that , what is the correctly is difficult to understand.
The third time i try it by crawling and get only 3 seconds which is huge success over the " guess right exit " 😂
When you exit, you need to stay to the right of the yellow line and stay next to the wall through the corner until the line ends and you can get back on the racing line. It is slow but I think it beats getting the penalty. Good luck!

The worst of the Weekly Challenges thus far. Not a fan of these at all.

-That Eiger race was a chore. Lap four one of the AI hit me & I slide into the pits. Figure I'll just see what happens but on exit I got 6 seconds worth of pens: one for being pushed over the line and into the pits; the second because I crossed over the infinitely long pit exit that I didn't realize was that long (guess that's on me... I guess). Had to start over. Was happy to get a P2 and be done with that.

-Big Willow. Ugh, CLK it is. Had to run RMs and fuel save a bit to make it on a no stopper. Still barely finished P3 (less than a second) thanks to some of the leaders pitting on lap eight. Who knew the GrC cars would be so fast there... AI's fastest lap was FOUR SECONDS faster than mine.

-Off to Goodwood (puke) with the 550 (puke). Stupid car doens't want to brake in a straight line to save its life. No wonder James Dean died in one of these things. Finished P2 in this one as the leader was eight seconds up (in another league).

-The last two were pretty straight forward.

Good riddance. 6* got me the Bugatti VGT which I already own, so I sold it for 675k

Last edited:
Yes, it's usually the step backwards in time that causes the issue.

I guess you changed the clock between getting the second and third rewards? Or your midnight on Thursday evening passed between the two?

You won't. It'll return to normal - probably - next week.
Nothing wrong with a step back in time...

You forget to mention.....That crap pit stop exit that gives you always a 6 sec. penalty.
I simply did wall-ride for both entry and exit. :D

I could only get 6th at the Eiger. Had to lower the difficulty level to earn the ticket.

I enjoyed the Big Willow in my workhorse CLK. Finished 2nd by less than a second from the guy in third. RH, maximum downforce, and FM6 (with occasional FM5).

Last edited:
I haven't started the weekly challenged because
1 - Life has been horrible lately
2 - I already knew the that Gr.B Eiger event was also horrible

Though I suspected we'd get the Gr.B Eiger event soon, I ran it last week as a completionist.

I loathed Eiger in GT5P. Too tight. Too slow. No flow.

I picked up the flow of this track quickly, though, and I was getting excited to do time trials in Group C cars here...

Eiger reverse, on the other hand...

Eiger Reverse is kind of a mess. The quirky [deadly] braking characteristics of the Gr.B cars magnify this - the braking zone that starts the series of hairpains is malicious. AND, the AI showcase their special set of low speed physics that only they have access to; by cheerfully booping you off the racing line when they are nearby.

This event is so cursed that the only places I could gain time on the AI were the straightaways and the high speed corners (all 1.5 of them).

This event single-handedly reversed all my newfound goodwill for Eiger. Failing this hard, creating a driving experience this miserable and doing it all this quickly is honestly impressive.

Tried Eiger Group B with the Peugeot 205 (hard difficulty). Failed miserably. Slow, and reluctant to turn. Later on, I realised that it was still set up for gravel.

Today I tried again, this time using the Audi Quattro, with a Praiano tune. Chucked a set of Race Softs on. FM1. Car kept trying to kill me if I so much as dared to brake in anything other than a straight line.

Rage-quit.

Wound on maximum downforce. Started again. Better stability. Pitted for tyres and fuel at lap 6. Caught and passed the lead Audi on the final lap, won by a second. Fun times. Not clean, however... 🤣

Possibly one of the best value Parts tickets for me this week: stage 5 weight reduction for a Jaguar F type.

When you exit, you need to stay to the right of the yellow line and stay next to the wall through the corner until the line ends and you can get back on the racing line. It is slow but I think it beats getting the penalty. Good luck!

Yep, I found that as long as I didn't cross the solid yellow line on the way in to the pits, and on the way out, I was sweet. I partially crossed the dotted yellow line on pit entry, got away with it.

Not gonna lie the six star tuning part tickets are so useless I don’t know why they still exist. I mean I’m glad that they were made useless by being able to buy the parts finally, but they should be replaced with something else. They’re basically one star tickets to me at this point. Or at least make it so that the parts you win aren’t tied to a specific car
If only they'd let us sell the parts, then I wouldn't mind.

For anyone having trouble at Eiger, don't cross the solid lines on pit entry/exit, dotted lines are fine. Crank the front downforce and drop the rear as far as you dare, run a decent amount of rake and you should find some extra pace.

Tried Eiger Group B with the Peugeot 205 (hard difficulty). Failed miserably. Slow, and reluctant to turn. Later on, I realised that it was still set up for gravel.

Today I tried again, this time using the Audi Quattro, with a Praiano tune. Chucked a set of Race Softs on. FM1. Car kept trying to kill me if I so much as dared to brake in anything other than a straight line.

Rage-quit.

Wound on maximum downforce. Started again. Better stability. Pitted for tyres and fuel at lap 6. Caught and passed the lead Audi on the final lap, won by a second. Fun times. Not clean, however... 🤣

Possibly one of the best value Parts tickets for me this week: stage 5 weight reduction for a Jaguar F type.
The Maestro still hasn't made a 1.49 tune for the Audi S1 Quattro so I guess that's why the car was trying to kill you 😁

Last edited:
It was a crapshow for me this week. Not too enjoyable other than a couple.
Skipped Eiger because reverse in these cars are too much for me.
Goodwood: What can I say? Both my 356's were GREAT in their last special race( I think at Laguna?). After this last update, this car was ALL OVER the place on braking! I tried adjusting everything to no avail. Even with sticky race tires it just kept on snapping. Not sure what the update did but so far these are my worse cars after the update. It was like skating on ice. Very ugly race. I cut and hit. Ended up second. Done and dusted.
Goodwood Motor Circuit_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
I was raging at this point and just wanted to finish the rest of the races. Won Autopolis by 30 seconds with this monster.lol
Autopolis International Racing Course_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Silvia Sisters in my 350hp car. Won by around 8 seconds.
Tsukuba Circuit_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Willow in one of my 787's with the new Praiano tune. No pits. Had one big off but still won by around 6 seconds.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Won this car with the daily ticket. Didn't have it so it was a keeper. I'll probably revisit Autopolis with a 450pp car.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802155858 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Cars This week.
Untitled-6.jpg

Race 1 - Silvia Sisters I used a semi tuned Nissan 180SX for a enjoyable win.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802211844.jpg

Race 2 - Japanese FR Challenge 450 - Using the LFA with only SS tires is still overkill but its one of the few times I get to drive it.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802212213.jpg

Race 3 - Porsche 356 Special Event - I semi tuned to even have a chance but boy this car is a hand full under braking.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802212712.jpg

Race 4 - Neo-Classic Competition - My choice was clear which car to use here and the 787B made for a great and easy win I highly recommend this car for this race if you struggling to win this race.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802213036.jpg

Race 5 - World Rally Challenge - I went into this race with 0 interest in doing it but when I pitted on lap 8 I was shock by how fast it went and by the end I enjoy this race when I thought I wasn't going to.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802213414.jpg

Great, another week where we all get "the shaft".
That should please @smoothbore12 :lol:

Don't know about you ,but i keep the Shaft momentum 🤣

The 6* parts ticket give me another one yesterday.
Since i have a fence from them around the house,i might convince neighbours to do a bigger one around the block.

The car part ticket give a Ford spec 2 worth 1.2 millions.
My contact inside Hagerty Wall street inform me that wasn't the right time to sell it so i keep it to do so at limit up 😂

Wow i really need to get the Mazda 787B. How can i get it now as I haven't seen it in a while on Legend cars... Also the 356 is very expensive to buy but...

The worst of the Weekly Challenges thus far. Not a fan of these at all.

-That Eiger race was a chore. Lap four one of the AI hit me & I slide into the pits. Figure I'll just see what happens but on exit I got 6 seconds worth of pens: one for being pushed over the line and into the pits; the second because I crossed over the infinitely long pit exit that I didn't realize was that long (guess that's on me... I guess). Had to start over. Was happy to get a P2 and be done with that.

-Big Willow. Ugh, CLK it is. Had to run RMs and fuel save a bit to make it on a no stopper. Still barely finished P3 (less than a second) thanks to some of the leaders pitting on lap eight. Who knew the GrC cars would be so fast there... AI's fastest lap was FOUR SECONDS faster than mine.

-Off to Goodwood (puke) with the 550 (puke). Stupid car doens't want to brake in a straight line to save its life. No wonder James Dean died in one of these things. Finished P2 in this one as the leader was eight seconds up (in another league).

-The last two were pretty straight forward.

Good riddance. 6* got me the Bugatti VGT which I already own, so I sold it for 675k
Ditto.

It feels like the AI is borked at Willow Springs just now - it's one of my least favourite tracks to start with, but the AI seems very fast. I managed P6 in the R92, a full 33s off the lead with no stops...

(Incidentally, I have won this event before, so it's strange that I don't seem to be able to get close in any car now... I may have turned the difficulty down to win it previously, but I've only ever done that very rarely.)

The Eiger event is also quite horrible - despite setting purple laps throughout the race, I could only manage P3 and the track feels too finicky for this event, so I won't be bothering to try to win.

Last edited:
I'm right back from Goodwood with a couple more appearances of T. Barnett and his black Speedster.
Can't help myself, ridiculous stuff imo. :rolleyes:
Did the first race in the full stock car, ended in fifth with a gap of about 20 sec. I then did three or four consecutive races slowly upgrading the performance of my car, to almost no avail. My runtimes improved from 8.25 to 8.05, reached the podium of course but Barnett just ran away whenever he thought he should. And I imagined him stepping up to me after the race like Quicksilver saying 'Hey, you didn't see that come.'
I'm honest now ! I had enough after five races. I finally activated the N2O system on my car, tailgated the guy til he made a mistake and passed for the win. And I was stepping up to him after the race saying ... :D
Cheers !

Will try without N2O later.

Edit
FYI Barnett ran a 7.44 in that last race.

Last edited:
Back