Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,397 comments
Finished the set this morning. All five were first attempt wins with CRB. I didn’t run into any of the issues others are describing. Not much replay value in these so I’ll headed back to work on TT’s.

If you’re struggling with the Eiger event, don’t forget to change your tune from dirt to road course, especially important to stretch out that transmission.

I gave up on the Escudo for Willow Springs and tried again with the Porsche 962.

weekly-challenge-202408w1-r4-2.jpg

Put on some RMs and tuned the power restrictor and ECU down to 800PP. Ran a no-stop for an easy win.

The car ticket gave me a Citreon GT Road Car. I already had one, so I sold it for 392,000 credits.

Last edited:
Another week where I won't be doing all five - that last rally one is worse then having a tooth extracted without anaesthetic.
The Porsche one at Goodwood was great fun but I didn't manage to win first time - I think the winner had Nitrous and one other whizzed past me like I was standing still! Had to do a few upgrades for the win!
Willows similar, used the CLK first and only managed 4th, with no stops. Switched to the Jag XJR-9, reduced power, FM 6 to start, for an easy win with no stops.

Done with my first round, but not really though. Here we go.

1) Silvia Sisters @ Tsukuba

By reading this topic I already knew that the suggested PP were not enough to be competitive, so I went just a bit further. Kudos said I was to drive the 1994 S14 but the only one I had was the LS-swapped one, luckily there was a Greenish Blue one at the UCD which I grabbed immediately. Just put some aero parts, SM tires and the first page upgrades except weight reduction and took on the event. Opponents were much much faster on the straights, but on the corners it was my time to shine. Eventually managed to pass the leading 180SX on the final hairpin of the final lap and held him off through the final straight and right handed for a non CRB victory. It was fun!

20970011559421115.jpg

2) Japanese FR 450 @ Autopolis

So, a friend of Gallo and his Giulia appeared here as there was a golden S14 that was definitely not below the 450pp recommended. My almost stock Roadster NR-A couldn't keep up at all on the straights and my better cornering wasn't enough, at the end of the race he was 2 seconds ahead of me while P3 was 10 behind. I couldn't accept it so I went to the tune shop and bought a low pressure turbo, SM tires and sport brakes and pads to have my revenge... except J. Amui and his cheating S14 weren't there. So I quit and restarted and there they were, starting P6, it was revenge time! And revenge it was with a CRB victory and Gallo also managing to keep the cheater behind by tenths with his 86.

20970434139884814.jpg

3) Porsche 356 Special @ Goodwood

This was a surprise indeed, as 1.49 utterly destroyed the Praiano 550 (now 564) pp setup thay I still had from last time. The car was all over the place especially under braking, it took quite some time to get it back under control by trying almost blindly (I suck at tuning) to change things. Somehow I managed eventually, and beat Barnett in his black/grey Speedster by 7 seconds for a CRB victory. Tough but fun!

20970497993087804.jpg

4) Neo-Classic Competition @ Big Willow

I hate this track, just like many of you, but it is what it is so I had to do it. Kudos picked the R92CP so what a better chance to try out Praiano's new tune? And believe me it is wonderful, although for Big Willow one may need to raise the front a little bit or risk bottoming out at the hairpin on top of the hill. FM4 with RH tires for a non stop victory, managing to pass Grady on track before he pitted. Way more fun that expected given the track, only had one big run off on the final corner, on the final lap nonetheless.

20969926771996743.jpg

Then there's the Gr.B at Eiger, that Kudos decided I'd be doing with the Audi Quattro S1. For which of course I still had the stock setup I used for dirt races. Let's just say, it wasn't easy as I'm not a tuner so trying to refine the car to make it drivable was indeed a challenge. Used Praiano's old gearbox but with a shorter final drive (as that was designed for the Tokyo event), and tinkered myself with the rest. Other than that, I had to follow Master Sifu's wisdom: quit lust, flow like pee, j.t.d. and attain Saint Mode. And I was so damn close, I was right behind Hahm at the beginning of the final lap, when I realized I hadn't quit lust enough and missed the braking point of the first corner. Ended P2, but I want the victory so I'll be back.

Still got the ticket, which gave me the Lexus SC430 GT500 which I bought last week. Gonna keep it for liveries.

This was a rough week, not a single clean race...
  • Silvia Sisters - S15 Aero
  • Japanese FR Challenge - GR86
  • Special Event - 356 Speedster
  • Neoclassical Challenge - Toyota GT-ONE
  • WRC - WRX Gr B

The rewards were mid
  • Stage 5 Weight for SRT Hellcat
  • 10k from 4-Star Daily (yesterday)
  • Dupe Nissan 2020 VGT

started the WC I started at Big Willow because I despise the track. I had a 787 that was at 809 so I reduced the power a little to get it under 800. I came in 2nd on a no stop race as the the Lead Ai in the Jag decided to do a no stop as well. I may go back and try this with the @praiano63 tune for the 787 and see if I fare any better
Next I used a swapped Sileighty in the Silvia Sisters got an easy 1st

Then I used a stick LFA around Autopolis. I will finish up the other two some other time. Got some random part that I choose not to remember and 500 k cr from a ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 🎫.

Since the update I believe that they picked the best / worst track combos to show off the "new" physics (not really new it's just that PD came in and readjusted all of our suspension settings to numbers that will not do well. I've never had damper settings that high and so widely separated from each other)
So that being said I had troubles with all my races trying to get a "grip" on my racecraft.
Here are the cars I used this week and not a clean race at all! Starting with the hardest and so on...
1911ac2dd5197-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441012689357185_1722705817801.jpg
1911ac2fc2d16-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441012686220741_1722705805549.jpg
1911ac3173749-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441012683131715_1722705793483.jpg
1911ac32f2064-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441012679804460_1722705780486.jpg
1911ac3560956-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441012675485847_1722705763616.jpg

I did the Willow Springs race in the Jaguar but set it to Easy difficulty and won by a country mile.

I realised that with RHs you don't need to stop with the Jag, so I put it back to Hard difficulty and came 3rd - enough to claim that I cleared the event legitimately on hard difficulty, albeit still 14s slower than the winner. The AI was hitting 1:06.9xx (?!) while my average was around 1:11s...

... The AI was hitting 1:06.9xx (?!) ...
That's not too extreme. Experienced this too. I used my R92CP which, for whatever reason ( I think it's from the Sardegna grind ) has a wonderful setup.
I must say I had the most relaxing Gr.1 race ever on Big Willow, a real surprise, a real pleasure. I've been driving extremely conservative, using RH tires and FM1 - FM2 for a no stopper, 799 PP ...
Result on hard race mode :
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240803175842.jpg

Last edited:
5) World Rally Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand Reverse

Quit lust, learn to flow like pee, j.t.d. and eventually attain Saint Mode by overtaking S. Hahn on lap 11 and winning this challenging event.

RM, FM1, somewhat of a homemade setup, pit stop on lap 8, normal difficulty as usual. Turns out it was also kinda fun to do honestly, though I do think the Audi played a large role in this victory; will let you know how it goes on the second run with the Mustang, as picked by the Randomizer. But for now, I am happy.

20970356665325377.jpg

Many of you have reported about the trouble they have with their car setups under the new driving physics, I cannot really second this so far. Things have changed for sure and for the better imo, however, it's not such a massive impact tbh. One reason might be ( which is a bit of speculation for sure ) that I didn't use very refined setups lately, more of the stock versions of cars which might not be that affected. And I'm used and ok with to adapt to however a car performs anyway ...

Well, this week's challenges are done. I've commented on Goodwood and Willow Springs above, the races I've enjoyed most. And there's not much more left to say atm.
Tsukuba : The same procedure as every time - 550 PP provide a good chance to beat the Silvia sisters.
Autopolis : Isn't it amazing to go full throttle almost everywhere ( even in the final sector ) at that car category.
Eiger : Found running the RCZ quite cool actually - RM tires, FM4 for a no stopper and a close win.

Ah, and btw, I've won the 356 challenge without N2O - adding an adjustable suspension and a little bit of luck did the trick ...

Let me finish with some race photos now :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240802171643.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240802191712.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240803152646.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240803183239.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240804131722.jpg

I will have a couple of days off next week - thought about a short trip to the Swiss Alps. ;)

Last edited:
Cars used for this week:

August_2024_Week_1.png

For the Willows Spring race, I used the F1 GTR Long Tail. RM tires and one stop on lap 5. Won it, and a few AI going off into the desert also helped. Had to be careful that I didn't do the same myself.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240803235403.jpg

Last edited:
This week challenges are the hardest I've had so far. Mainly because of Willow Springs and Eiger. Willow wasn't too bad in the end because I used my Sardegna 787b which I've had to downtune, thanks new Pp rules. Ran Fm6 the whole way through and got the win by 20 seconds. Was helped by the AI getting confused with traffic and crashing before the pit entry.

Eiger was stressful. Picked the NSX because of its highest Pp and tuned up what I could. Ran softs which was a mistake so I had to pit early. Switched to mediums and finally got ahead of first place with 0.7 of a lead. Not doing that one again.

Then I got a NSX gr2 that I already had when the wheel had a P1 GTR that I didn't. Sods law.

Last edited:
This week I went for:

Silvia Sisters @ Tsukuba : Nissan Sileighty
Japanese FR Challenge @ Autopolis : Toyota Corolla AE86
Porsche 356 One-Make @ Goodwood : 356 Speedster (plus tried it many more times in numerous 356's)
Neoclassic Challenge @ Willow Springs : Porsche 956
World Rally Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand : Toyota 86 GR.B

I had to dial the difficulty on the last two races down in order to win (mainly the Neoclassic challenge) but found these ones fun. the 356 race is loads of fun! I've done that a handful of times already and had the most fun in the 356 coupe.

Last edited:
This week challenges are the hardest I've had so far. ...
Same here. First i tried the Toyota GT One at Willow, but no chance with me always beeing terrible at this track.
Tried the Jaaaag next and that was the solution. Because the fuel lasts, even with FM1, for 10 laps, it was an easy win.

At Eiger i used, as in every rally challange, the Focus. I don't know if it was on a setup i've changed or a standard one. But the Focus just didn't wanted to turn round the tight turns.
After some fiddling with the suspension it behaved much more like a road car and i made P2. P1 would have been possible, but i made some minor mistakes.

The car ticket gave me an Audi R8 LMS '15. Didn't owned this before, so i'm quite happy.

Not a fan of Eiger. I’m really not a fan of any race where I have to turn the wheel beyond 180 degrees to get it around a turn. This one requires well over 180 degrees of rotation for those last couple switch backs before the opening straight. If this were a dirt track it would be a lot more fun because the back end could step out, but these Gr.B machines on racing tires makes the rear end stick like glue. Not fun at all.

I am somewhat happy (for lack of a better word) to see other complaints about this week's challenges. I was ready to announce my retirement after trying them the other night and failing miserably (truthfully, my driving was rubbish that night).
If they swapped the Japanese 450 race for WTC 900 at Autopolis, we could have an entire set of the most annoying races in the game.

(Normal Difficulty)
Silvia Sisters - Finished 2nd in my 90 K's model tuned to ~550 PP. The race was still fun enough - but shouldn't the "recommended" 500 PP be an achievable victory by an average driver?

Porsche 356 - Finished 2nd by miles to the shameless cheater T. Barnett in first. Can we protest that car?
Generally speaking, this car is annoying. It already feels like a death trap at 450 PP (proof that GT7 is a simulator, I guess).

Neo-classical - Finished 2nd in the 787B; the XJR-9 was first (is that really Tidgney? I'll have to be nicer to M.Grady from now on although it's usually Hizal and Rubilar that antagonize me anyway :lol:).
I'll accept the charge of substandard driving on my part - I've never been fast in Gr.1 cars and the new physics didn't make me faster - but something about this race felt wonky.
Isn't it fun having to make up a 25-second deficit to a leader who's driving just as fast on a no-stop strategy? Don't get me started on the hodge-podge field of cars from every group combined in one race. And why does the AI seem to make such fast pit stops here?

Group B at Eiger - Finished 2nd to S. Hahn's Audi, of course. This race is flat-out atrocious. I started to "tolerate" Eiger after the online time trial, but the reverse direction is about as much fun as a root canal. I had a ton of trouble a) finding a competent car with enough pace and b) making the car with said pace drivable through all the elevation changes and off-kilter corners. I finally settled on the new WRX Gr.B, although I wasn't thrilled with it and still didn't win.
I did find better pace by incorporating more short-shifting and coasting through corners - especially the switchbacks. And if you do upgrade the turbo, make sure you go Medium RPM vs. High RPM

Neo-classical - Finished 2nd in the 787B; the XJR-9 was first (is that really Tidgney? I'll have to be nicer to M.Grady from now on although it's usually Hizal and Rubilar that antagonize me anyway :lol:).
I'll accept the charge of substandard driving on my part - I've never been fast in Gr.1 cars and the new physics didn't make me faster - but something about this race felt wonky.
Isn't it fun having to make up a 25-second deficit to a leader who's driving just as fast on a no-stop strategy? Don't get me started on the hodge-podge field of cars from every group combined in one race. And why does the AI seem to make such fast pit stops here?
I had the same issue with the XJR-9. I hoped that I might sneak into 1st when it had pitstop but it didn't take one so when you combine that with sub par driving you end up 20 seconds behind the leader 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
First 3 races were easy, but for Eiger and for the Big Willie i had to switch down to medium difficulty...

Used the 787B for Big Willie an had an easy non-stopper win on medium difficulty...

Eiger was a different story, even on medium I needed 3 attempts to finally come in second with the Mustang Rally Car(one stop, RMs. high range supercharger)

I guess my driving style is really a little bit different: I totally enjoyed the Porsche 356 with the new physics, never ever had a better and smoother driving eperience with that car before(I use a controller)

Not till mid or late September.

Of course there's always the chance it may appear as a special pick.
Wow that much... No problem I have just found out that I can put the massive R92CP engine swap to my skyline R33... That would be fun!

I attempted the last 2 races for me; the 356 race and the Group B race. It took me a couple of races to figure out the 356 but even with that I couldn't catch Barnett. Granted I cut it down to about 5 seconds with 2 laps left and I forgot to take to brake going into a curve and the car decided it wanted to keep going straight so I tried to fix it and made the car spin out and I decided I wanted to do a donut for a couple of seconds to allow Barnett to get further away. I think I really wanted to have an exciting finish 🤣 🤣 🤣 Well that kinda blew up in my face. Anyway I think Barnett is using a swapped 356 with 4wd drive 🤣. As for the race I did come in 2nd.

Next I went to Eiger reverse. I say this as a person who enjoys the track but the reverse of the track should not be used for any races ever again 🤣. I tried the Audi, Mustang and the Impreza. I think Impreza worked best but unfortunately I had to pit and never got higher than 6th. I really don't like the reverse layout because it doesn't have any kind of flow. As soon as you get going good there's a hairpin. I refuse to go back to that track and I am choosing to pass on the final ticket

kjb
I attempted the last 2 races for me; the 356 race and the Group B race. It took me a couple of races to figure out the 356 but even with that I couldn't catch Barnett. Granted I cut it down to about 5 seconds with 2 laps left and I forgot to take to brake going into a curve and the car decided it wanted to keep going straight so I tried to fix it and made the car spin out and I decided I wanted to do a donut for a couple of seconds to allow Barnett to get further away. I think I really wanted to have an exciting finish 🤣 🤣 🤣 Well that kinda blew up in my face. Anyway I think Barnett is using a swapped 356 with 4wd drive 🤣. As for the race I did come in 2nd.

Next I went to Eiger reverse. I say this as a person who enjoys the track but the reverse of the track should not be used for any races ever again 🤣. I tried the Audi, Mustang and the Impreza. I think Impreza worked best but unfortunately I had to pit and never got higher than 6th. I really don't like the reverse layout because it doesn't have any kind of flow. As soon as you get going good there's a hairpin. I refuse to go back to that track and I am choosing to pass on the final ticket
Do not give up on the Car Ticket!

For Eiger, I used the Subaru Gr. B (not the classic one, the vanilla one found in the Brand Central).

RM tyres, FM1 all the way, 1 pit stop whenever the gas runs out (lap 8, I guess) BUT only to refuel the gas. Don't change the tyres. It saves you enough time to catch up with the classic Audi.

Do not give up on the Car Ticket!

For Eiger, I used the Subaru Gr. B (not the classic one, the vanilla one found in the Brand Central).

RM tyres, FM1 all the way, 1 pit stop whenever the gas runs out (lap 8, I guess) BUT only to refuel the gas. Don't change the tyres. It saves you enough time to catch up with the classic Audi.
I may try that out if I get back on GT7 before Friday.

Back