Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,537 comments
Saturday at home means that it's Gran Turismo time, and so I did all the challenges in one sitting. As usual on Normal difficulty.

1) Euro Sunday Cup @ Kyoto Driving Park

Randomizer gave me the first BMW Mini, so I went for some fancy paintjob that you would easily see on such a car. The Mini was completely stock except for some Sports suspensions to lower it a bit and give it more of a sleek look, and it was already more than enough powerful to dominate. At a certain point my fellow Italian AI driver decided his Titanic needed to stop and that my Mini was a good way of doing that, but still didn't prevent me from getting the CRB. Was a fun race. Got the 100k ticket.

20970585981150337.jpg

2) Lightweight K Cup @ Streets of Willow Springs

Ahh fun race indeed, already had the Copen ready from the last time I had to do this challenge, which admittedly is quite some time ago. 10k rpm of weebness, it was fun indeed! Had some thrashing around with the two leading Cappuccinos so no CRB.

20970247905643950.jpg

3) BAC Mono Special @ Dragon Trail Seaside

Ohh the Mono, only used it a long long time ago for the Trial Mountain challenge and never ever driven it again. Had to find some setup, then had to adapt it to my G29, somehow managed to without using racing tires. This car boits, a lot, I was thinking it was under control only to find it losing traction when exiting a corner. It was challenging, but still overall great fun! Benetton B194 livery since it has a Ford engine, because why not? Got the 200k, but no CRB.

20970211344146357.jpg

4) Neo Classic @ Red Bull Ring

The randomizer picked for me the CLK LM, which I had never ever driven before. And after this event, I am left with a question: why did I never ever drive this beauty? It was magnificent, handles like a charm, it's fast, what a great 800pp beast! It also handled the last three rainy laps on RM tires without a sweat, I love this car! Probably going to be my new favourite 800pp grinding car.

20970226930428646.jpg

5) Group B Challenge @ Eiger Reverse

Ah, yes, this race again. Needed to learn once again to flow like pee and quit lust, I failed. Eventually, since it was starting to be late and I was starting to be tired, I learned the power of give up and took a 3rd place, which was enough to give me the ticket; after all I already won the event once so it lists as completed.

20970328213793223.jpg

6* ticket gave me 500k. Also after doing the K Cup race I remembered that I still hadn't done the CE at Streets of Willow so I did that too for an extra 600k. Not a bad week at all.

I honestly was a bit annoyed that we got Eiger again and wanted to skip the weekly entirely. But after I did that race yesterday I crossed the milage for the daily and got a 5* Ticket which had the Ferrari invite in it. Thought to myself of course it will land right before or after the invite. This time I was lucky and finally got the Ferrari invite 😍

The 6* for the whole set gave me a million credits so thats ok I guess. Still hope that we get less Eiger in the next ones. Am a little bit sick of that track already 😏

I completed the Weekly Challenges this morning, albeit with the Neo-Classic race on Normal difficulty, while the rest were done on Hard. The NC race was almost too easy on Normal, but I was way off the pace on Hard difficulty. I won by 20s on Normal, but was hammered by over 50s on Hard - not helped by the AI not pitting on Hard mode, but even if they had it still would have been around a 25s deficit, or over 4s a lap difference.

The BAC Mono race, in contrast, was a cakewalk in Hard mode - however I make it more of a challenge for myself by driving in cockpit view. I am noticably slower when I don't use the hood cam, but it is a very fun car to drive, albeit I need to use RS and TC2.

I also got a million Cr. for the 6* too. :)

Last edited:
Well the BAC challenge at Seaside wasn't bad. I overtook all opponents in 2 and a half laps and I got the CRB which was awesome. Almost 100k earned.

Back