Weekly Drag Series - Week 2 + Results

Aye,
Don't forget, I'm still a noob at this drag stuff. Generally in racing weight is the enemy, the spawn of Satan.

Also, the high-heels and fishnets are taking a little getting used to, too! :D

Neil

Yes well the dead hooker in my trunk doesn't take much getting used to - she gives me plenty of traction.

Weight is an enemy and a blessing. Total weight should be minimalized, while the balance of the weight of the car should be applied over the rear axle or so (assuming RWD, again). Obviously, it's why batteries and other components are moved as rearward as possible, while carpet and sound-proofing is removed altogether.

On to race some more *turns PS2 on*

Yes well the dead hooker in my trunk doesn't take much getting used to - she gives me plenty of tr-action.

Ahh!

You know, necrophilia isn't the dead end to a sex-life it used to be!
231160be5.gif

Neil

Ahh, I think I have it now... Haven't tried it yet, but when I did the added weight, I just left it at a 50/50 split, not necessarily adding it mainly to the rear...

I was just about to say I'll have a go at it tomorrow, but it appears the deadline is 9AM for me... :) So I guess I'll have a go at it after I watch an episode of Naruto...

Pfft. First run. Bad launch.

Did a 10.533.

Now, we'll see how low I can go......

Edit: 10.267. And dropping... I hope, anyway. :sly:

:grumpy:

In my sleepiness I backed out of the race after doing my fastest lap(the .267), and then when I came back I only was able to muster a .292 after tinkering, and then I backed out AGAIN accidentally. So, I'm going to sleep with a 10.300, but hope to knock some of that down before I go to work. I dunno why, but just over 6 hours of sleep hasn't been enough for me this week, and it should be!

:grumpy:

In my sleepiness I backed out of the race after doing my fastest lap(the .267), and then when I came back I only was able to muster a .292 after tinkering, and then I backed out AGAIN accidentally. So, I'm going to sleep with a 10.300, but hope to knock some of that down before I go to work. I dunno why, but just over 6 hours of sleep hasn't been enough for me this week, and it should be!

Well that 10.3 is ahead of me, and I'm not improving, because I'll be at work when the deadline passes. Sure I could come home and do some quick runs before I decide to log on to GTP, but that would be highly unethical.

At any rate you probably have second, and that's not bad at all :)

Lol. Well, I found out that I had stopped taking third gear all the way up to its max speed, and that was costing me a little bit.

And, I'll be sure to post my settings afterwards, just because.

My .267 was with FULL downforce. Just caught that this morning.

Final: 10.250

Lol. Well, I found out that I had stopped taking third gear all the way up to its max speed, and that was costing me a little bit.

And, I'll be sure to post my settings afterwards, just because.

My .267 was with FULL downforce. Just caught that this morning.

Good job 👍 But you only need to post settings if you knock a few hundredths off of that. I encourage you to post them anyway, though :)

By full fownforce, do you mean full on the front too?

Good job 👍 But you only need to post settings if you knock a few hundredths off of that. I encourage you to post them anyway, though :)

By full fownforce, do you mean full on the front too?
Yep! And when I dropped the rear off, I could tell it was making a difference too... So my final run was with 28 rear downforce. Shoulda kept it a little farther up, but I ran out of time. I wish I had realized that last night, and also realized that I wasn't taking 3rd all the way to the top...

VCD wasn't making much of any difference. All of my fastest runs were with 35% going to the front. And my height for my fastest runs was/is 90/135.

Yep! And when I dropped the rear off, I could tell it was making a difference too... So my final run was with 28 rear downforce. Shoulda kept it a little farther up, but I ran out of time. I wish I had realized that last night, and also realized that I wasn't taking 3rd all the way to the top...

VCD wasn't making much of any difference. All of my fastest runs were with 35% going to the front. And my height for my fastest runs was/is 90/135.

Whoa.

I bought the wing for this car, and have my rear downforce at 65, and front at the minimum (15). Your is at 25/28 or so?

Your ride height is really shocking... I cannot believe that you can lay the power down with it so high!!!

By my maths, that puts PB in first, Kenny in 2nd, me in 3rd, Santo & Kyle in 4th!

Well done all!

Neil

w00h00! Congrats PB!

What the heck?!?! You can buy a wing on a race car?!?!?!!? That's NEWS to me...

What were your ride height settings? You guys were saying go 135/60, and that was just wierd. And like I said before, the VCD was making minimal, if any difference.

w00h00! Congrats PB!

What the heck?!?! You can buy a wing on a race car?!?!?!!? That's NEWS to me...

What were your ride height settings? You guys were saying go 135/60, and that was just wierd. And like I said before, the VCD was making minimal, if any difference.

Yeah the wing was a surprise to me, but I always check just in case.

My ride height was highest/lowest, whatever those numbers are.

Thanks everyone, and heres my settings.

PARTS LIST

Exhuast: Racing
Racing Chip: None
NA Tuning: None
Tire Type: Sports Soft F/R
Nitrous: Equip
Turbine Kit: Stage 4
Supercharger: None
Brakes: Normal
Brake Controller: Equip
Suspension: Racing
Transmission: Full Customize
Clutch: Standard
Flywheel: Standard
Carbon Driveshaft: None
Driving Aids: None
Downforce: Aftermarket Wing
Limited Slip: Full Customize
AYC Controller: None
Variable Center DIff: Control
Weight Balance: N/A

SETTINGS

Nitrous Setting: 70

Suspension Settings

Spring Rate: F 4.0 / R 4.0
Ride Height: F 135mm / R 60mm
Shock Absorbers: N/A
Shock Bound: F 1 / R 1
Shock Rebound: F 1 / R 1
Camber Angle: F 0.0 / R 0.0
Toe Angle: N/A
Stabilizers: F 1 / R 1

Transmission Settings (I used the *tranny trick, so you might have to do it also to make it work right)

1st Gear: 3.721
2nd Gear: 2.715
3rd Gear: 2.078
4th Gear: 1.660
5th Gear: 1.382
6th Gear: 1.201

Final Gear:

Auto Setting:

Downforce Setting

Downforce: F 15 / R 65

Limited Slip Setting

Initial Torque: F 60 / R 60
Limited Slip Acceleration: F 60 / R 60
Limited Slip Deceleration: F 5 / R 5

Variable Control Diff Setting

Front Wheel Distribution: 10

Weight Balance Setting

Ballast Weight: 200
Front/Rear Balance: +50

If you do the *tranny trick, you should be able to start just under full throttle and hold nitrous until around 6,500 after the initial launch. In second gear you can give full throttle and nitrous the whole way, but sometimes the wheels start to spin, so you might have to tap the nitrous a little instead of holding it down. The rest of the gears are just full throttle and full nitrous.

* - The transmission trick can be found here.

Latest Posts

Back