Wet race suggested strategy issueF1 2010-2016 

Brock1Samson9
About to start my second Grand Prix in Malaysia and shockingly it is pouring rain on track, my engineer recommends full wets. Naturally Ill be sticking with that suggestion but out of curiosity I took a look at the race strategy page and noticed that there were no scheduled stops.

I looked back at the tire selection and it shows the full wets should last 17 laps (assuming thats what the number inside the tire is) so obviously one set wont last. Here's the real problem though, if I try to add or edit a stop but then back out without changing anything it tells me "The tires you have opted to fit during your last pit stop will be worn out by the time you reach the end of the race." This message doesn't surprise me, I know that the tires wont last a whole race, but why then does it have no problem with my strategy when I hit "recommended strategy" to reset it (again remember that I never actually changed anything to begin with).

Secondly I'm uncertain of how long the full wets will last. The tire select screen says 17 but if I try to add a stop later than lap 13 it says that my starting tires will be worn out before my first stop.

So does anybody know whats going on with the strategy and how long these tires will actually last?

Back