WHACKY'S TUNE GARAGE

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Just a spot to throw in a few tunes Im throwing together after the new physics update threw everything out. Nothing spectacular just a bit of simple fun. Maybe a tune or two. Something driveable, maybe. Tend to tune differently on a wheel versus a controller.

Bmw m3 1997 650pp tune. nurburgring smss tyres (engine swap tune)(wheel tune)

Handling comments: will scare the pants off you on any and all tracks. Still fun.

Purpose of tune: to drive this car with too much power

Other notes: started out as a drift tune. Became a racer.

Tuned for wheel users.

Increase Body rigidity upgrade is a must. As is maxing out the front roll bar. Buy the best Brakes, youll need it.

Gearing: set to 490, adjust final then gears.

Weight reduction isnt nessecary. Move ballast to keep a strong 49:51 balance and keep the total weight under 1600kg but not less than about 1400kg. You dont want a light car with this setup.

Tune only works with the tyre split. Sports mediums on front. Sports softs on rear. Reduce power to 800hp if too mental. I like to keep it round 950hp.

No widebody nessecary. Optional aero but 70 on the front helps

I like to drift it on a controller. Or try to. Its an exercise. With the right suspension changes etc it has serious potential as a drift car.

Rollbars at 10 for both ends worked well initially but ive changed it to 9 on the rear for now. Dropping the rear rollbar can help but also make force feedback detail and other ffb feelings worse depending on other factors.

The concept behind this tune is to avoid the front end understeer creeping back in when on the brakes. This is why the front springrate has to be higher than the rear when grippier tyres are on the rear. Having grippier rear tyre results in any car pushing heavy understeer, most noteable under braking. We want to tune this understeer out but keep the rear tyre grippier to avoid the car swapping ends. Car has too much power for the chassis and skinny tire setup.

Car is sensitive to differential values. Do not change much here

Car is very sensitive to weight distribution. Mess with the distribution.

If you have made improvements to this car feel free to drop it in the comments. Most improvements should come from suspension and weight balance/distribution. Maybe the damper values

Gearing is for fun. Regear per track as nessecary

Other features: seems to be quite a bit more fun to drift with racing hards on the rear. This is on the controller, at eiger with tire wear on. It regains grip nicely

Attachments

• 20240815_184428.jpg
    20240815_184428.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240815_184411_HDR.jpg
    20240815_184411_HDR.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240815_193251_HDR.jpg
    20240815_193251_HDR.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Corolla Levin 1983 SM tyre. 535PP all purpose touge cruise and race tune.(wide body, wheel tune). Wheels: spoon SW388 ,13 inch, wide wide

Tuned for grand valley. Lots of fun especially sounded amazing after high lift camshaft S was installed. Smooth as butter till I retuned it again and forgot the old values but its even better now just needs a little more fine tuning in camber and slight weight distribution changes.

Originally for SS tyres but SM tyres felt better fit for the chassis and progressive grip levels to have some grace. To run it on SS tyres the setup needs some more rear toe, different springrates and camber. Remove ballast and brake balance set to zero. That should bring it close to the original SS tyre tune.

Front ride hieght is set to help wuth driving pkeasure, better more comfortable steering and force feedback. Setting it lower than about 114 seems to kill the fun. Brake balance will change the feel drastically as with front toe angle. It cannot run zero front toe due to some instability with high speed cornering. Bit of a wuirk of the physics and running max front roll bar which is needed after the physics update overhaul.

Bought two way differential thinking the game's physics are optimal now and wont need anything more. Its low power and im not running race tyres. Earlier I Wished I bought the full custom differential just to mess with a few values but its whatever. Handles fine now that ive adapted to the two way life for this car. Would want the fullcustom if using race tyres to turn down the acceleration value.

Could be more fun trying the gearbox without sequential. Its cheaper too but ive already bought sequential by mistake. Sorely Missing the use of clutch currently. I think any further tuning om this car will be after PD has changed physics again. Its too much fun as it is and i spent several hours all up tuning this for grand valley and eiger. It no longer gets wildly unstable over some wild elevation decents. Should be race ready for nurburging too. You can countersteer on every turn with a bit of practice. Its just mad fun to trail brake into a drift.

Attachments

• Tumblr_c_31557164068429.jpg
    Tumblr_c_31557164068429.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Tumblr_c_31506536224594.jpg
    Tumblr_c_31506536224594.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 5
  • Tumblr_c_31481988150906.jpg
    Tumblr_c_31481988150906.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back