What am I missing here?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Am I missing something about the roulette parts prizes? There is a Porsche menu that offers a 6 star roulette parts ticket, however I need to buy cars for stupid money (tens of millions ) to get it. Why would someone want to do this? The roulette parts ticket just gives me some crap for a car I don't own, and whilst they have a worth price, I can't work out how to sell them.

What's the point of roulette parts tickets? I'm clearly missing something.

Last edited:
No you are not missing anything, it is in effect oftentimes worthless. And the prize you get never makes it for the cost of getting it.

Only "useful" if you have too much credits and you like to have everything complete.

Last edited:
Am I missing something about the roulette parts prizes? There is a Porsche menu that offers a 6 star roulette parts ticket, however I need to buy cars for stupid money (tens of millions ) to get it. Why would someone want to do this? The roulette parts ticket just gives me some crap for a car I don't own, and whilst they have a worth price, I can't work out how to sell them.

Tickets are not something you should want, but instead see as a bonus for the things you do.
Even more so because if you think about the prizes they most often will be frustrating or disappointing and only sometimes a welcome surprise.

I have a few incomplete cafe extra menus because I'm not too bothered about getting the (probably expensive) car you need to purchase and the "prize" is a 6 star engine ticket. No doubt one day I will, perhaps when very close to owning all cars, but for now it's not really a very good deal. My garage is crammed full of unused engines! 🤣

I have a few incomplete cafe extra menus because I'm not too bothered about getting the (probably expensive) car you need to purchase and the "prize" is a 6 star engine ticket. No doubt one day I will, perhaps when very close to owning all cars, but for now it's not really a very good deal. My garage is crammed full of unused engines! 🤣
yup me too. There's I think 2 cafe menus I haven't bothered with because the 6 star (engine) tickets are utterly and completely meaningless to me. I've never swapped an engine and probably never will. Eventually, I'll finish those menus simply by virtue of having collected every car in the game. At that point, I'll redeem the ticket just to remove the little reward icon from the map screen lol...

Just imagine owning your own garage with a nice collection of cars, realizing there is an upgraded drive shaft for one of your cars and thinking to yourself...

"Hmmm, I could run down to the local parts store and order it for $5k, or I could buy an old Porsche for $125k that comes with a mystery box that may contain the driveshaft or may just be some other junk...

I'll never drive the ol' beater Porsche but I guess that is the route I'm taking!"

Parts tickets are by their nature illogical now that you can buy the parts. Same with engine swap tickets. Just replace them both with a higher paying credits ticket with a minimum payout of 100,000 credits.

The roulette tickets are just a little extra bonus. Depend, rely on or even expect anything from them.

yeah, just a little extra bonus. The real money is in running the same grind race 400 times or so.

Yep I just open them in auto pilot and have always had zero expectation from it from near enough day 1 with gt7.

Best way is to see them as a bonus, every now and then youll get a half decent prize. But if playing regularly on big paying races, even the 500k from roulette pails onto insignificance imo. I'll take it but I'm not reliant on it.

Appreciate it's likely frustrating if you really want a car locked behind them.

If anything I get slightly annoyed by the loud jingle and drawn out animation I'm forced to 'experience 'each time I have to open a ticket... to the point I've considered not bothering to open tickets st all! Should be a way of skipping it by aimplying pressing x. Do PD think most the userbase are sat there in a state of restrained excitement/apprehension each time... like it's some kind of big occasion? It's actually extremely tedious and I just want it over and done with asap.

Anyway, if playing sporadically reality is it may take years for an invite for a car you want.

Not worth taking it personally as some do, seemingly getting somewhat annoyed by it, lol. It is what it is. A bit of a joke system, not worth getting upset/worked up over.

Last edited:
lol well there was a healthy amount of sarcasm in my comment actually. I mean yeah, it would be nice if they could be viewed as just a fun little bonus, but the fact of the matter is the game has so few really good ways to make decent cash that they sort of need to be more than that...and opening them up every day to receive chump change or parts you don't want (while often being shown big money prizes on the wheel that you almost never win) feels like quite a little slap on the face much of the time. And lets not even mention the invites... :lol:

Not missing anything. Roulette tickets are a pointless waste of time, credits, and hard drive space. I only get the tockets for the menus if I already have the cars.

Umm...It seem like they may have improved the tickets a bit. For example, I got 500k off a 3-star ticket last week. Not using them at all because you didn't like what you got a few is emotionally immature as hell. :lol:

they haven't improved the tickets. A single 500k prize isn't indicative of anything lol...I've had a somewhat decent few weeks lately where I've been getting a few nice rewards but that's only slightly balancing out the previous 6 weeks or so before that where I got basically bubkis day after day...

However, I don't see how the tickets are in any way a "waste of credits"...they are one of the few ways you can earn credits in the game. I guess if you're talking about the tickets you get for completing car menus yeah, that's a waste (mostly). You just let those sit until you acquire the cars on your own accord. But the daily marathon tix don't cost anything...not even time if you're doing anything else in the game that involves driving for 10 minutes. I guess they waste a bit of time watching the dumb animation of course - I do agree with that.

Last edited:
I've been tracking my tickets for a while and a full month of them (and I'm at CL50, so I get higher-star ones more often) averages out at 1.2m in terms of both credits earned and not-spent on cars - or about 40,000cr/day - for a relatively passive income of 14m/year.

I don't bother including the value of car parts in that because the whole system for that is mad: the part gets sent to somewhere in your garage and can only be fitted through there, so you often end up buying a duplicate part because it doesn't at any point indicate to you in the tuning shop that you have it already.

Umm...It seem like they may have improved the tickets a bit. For example, I got 500k off a 3-star ticket last week. Not using them at all because you didn't like what you got a few is emotionally immature as hell. :lol:
It's always been possible to get 500k from a 3 star ticket (1% chance), so this isn't evidence that anythings changed.
So just enjoy your rare ticket win 🙂

Back