Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
snc
According to DF gt7 with ray tracing has internal resolution 1188p on ps5pro
Before anyone starts using this to further dunk on the Pro, it's using PSSR. And as with DLSS on Nvidia GPUs, you take a low resolution like this and use it with PSSR to cleanly make it look 4K.

That's really the whole point of the Pro: to achieve 4K without sacrificing the 60FPS and RT (or go balls out on RT instead).

Now whether it justifies the $700 price tag, though, is up to one's opinion.

1726425141863.png

1726425202084.png

I would just like to point out that not only is the Shelby GT350R in GT7, but Hot Wheels has also produced the Shelby GT350R (I in fact have one). So that could've easily been in this set...and yet its this one they chose...

Last edited:
Before anyone starts using this to further dunk on the Pro, it's using PSSR. And as with DLSS on Nvidia GPUs, you take a low resolution like this and use it with PSSR to cleanly make it look 4K.

That's really the whole point of the Pro: to achieve 4K without sacrificing the 60FPS and RT (or go balls out on RT instead).

Yes but if internal res is bellow 1440p it wont be looking as good as native 4k (even dlss which is better than pssr according do DF wont be at native level with internal resolutions closer to 1080p)

Last edited:
This isn't the first case. Hot Wheels are weird like that lol
While I'm definitely familiar with some quirky decisions of Hot Wheels, I just found it intriguing given their Gran Turismo Sets (And I assume their similar sets for Forza and even the one they did for PCARS 2) usually appear to effectively feature all the cars in the set that are also in the game (with some cases of "Close enough" like the Corvette C7.R and the Ford GT). This is the first time that as far as I can tell, they seem to have intentionally glossed over a car that they have actually produced and was in-game for a car that wasn't.

Wow, I've never acquired those in my lifetime. First time I've seen those.

These are the most recent ones for 2024. There were two previous sets they did as well.

Last edited:

Can't be 4K/60fps if it Can't even hit 1440p though. This is what I fail to comprehend about it all. 4K/60fps was promised when PS5 first announced, now even the super expensive mid-gen "upgrade" won't hit it. Why bother?

Can't be 4K/60fps if it Can't even hit 1440p though. This is what I fail to comprehend about it all. 4K/60fps was promised when PS5 first announced, now even the super expensive mid-gen "upgrade" won't hit it. Why bother?
That's the point of upscalers like DLSS/PSSR though - 4K is absurdly expensive, so if you can hit an internal res of 1080p that they can upscale to 4K, then you can allocate resources to fancy things like RT.

Not saying the Pro is worth it, but the whole point of these upscalers is to lower internal resolutions instead of chasing ever higher ones for less and less squeeze on the juice.

That's the point of upscalers like DLSS/PSSR though - 4K is absurdly expensive, so if you can hit an internal res of 1080p that they can upscale to 4K, then you can allocate resources to fancy things like RT.

Not saying the Pro is worth it, but the whole point of these upscalers is to lower internal resolutions instead of chasing ever higher ones for less and less squeeze on the juice.

And upscaling is fine, but it isn't 4K/60 my Ultrawide of Resident Evil 4 Remake on PC is

While I'm definitely familiar with some quirky decisions of Hot Wheels, I just found it intriguing given their Gran Turismo Sets (And I assume their similar sets for Forza and even the one they did for PCARS 2) usually appear to effectively feature all the cars in the set that are also in the game (with some cases of "Close enough" like the Corvette C7.R and the Ford GT). This is the first time that as far as I can tell, they seem to have intentionally glossed over a car that they have actually produced and was in-game for a car that wasn't.

These are the most recent ones for 2024. There were two previous sets they did as well.
Unless...
unless that car is supposed to come as part of this month update and they spilled the beans by revealing the collection in advance? I know, I know, time to put down my tinfoil hat

4K is absurdly expensive, so if you can hit an internal res of 1080p that they can upscale to 4K, then you can allocate resources to fancy things like RT.
Altough 4k is expensive I really prefer native resolution with less additional quality funk over upscaled image mud with additional quality junk.

And on the important end is responsiveness, faster image generations still trumps image quality to me.
Gotham Knights might have looked good, but with that 30fps lock it was close to torture to play.
And having current games that generally run fine but then have certian situations in which the fps drops into the 1 diggits (waterfalls are a nemesis) ... No, frame generation does not solve this issue neither, it already requires a good stable rate of frames and then just produces overhead that is not doing anything.

But without any direct comparision of current PS5 "fidelity mode" games with PS5Pro its really hard to tell.

With the first update in almost two months probably arriving next week, it's worth noting that this bizarre behaviour still happens when driving the road-going Lancer Evos on higher grade tyres, which is well worth bringing your attention to!

(Credit to @Nebuc72 for the video)

You'd have to admit PD is quite the shambles of a company if they can't patch this up several months on. I mean, if you can't drive the car in a driving game...

so I was thinking..are Kaz and PD considering to make new rb X vehicle for PROS...( what are your opinnions about it?? )
aren't pro drivers little bored with always having x2019 vehicle at finals? they use it from 2017 if I am not mistaken ( probably am )
x1(2010) was out of this planet, x2014(fan, standard) is damn too fast...
but I think x2019 could get little push towards f1 performance level..couple more clicks of downforce wouldn't hurt..or hybrid version ( overtake option )

It would make even more sense to utilise the SF23 for the final races. Even one of the participants actually raced in the series! Plus, the SF23 have one of the Gran Turismo partners(Toyota) as one of the two(Honda being the other) engine suppliers for the chassis.

Last edited:
With the first update in almost two months probably arriving next week, it's worth noting that this bizarre behaviour still happens when driving the road-going Lancer Evos on higher grade tyres, which is well worth bringing your attention to!

You'd have to admit PD is quite the shambles of a company if they can't patch this up several months on. I mean, if you can't drive the car in a driving game...

Yeah, I learned this the hard way while recently driving the Lancer Evolution V on the Nordschleife. PD needs to address this ASAP. 😕

It would make even more sense to utilise the SF23 for the final races. Even one of the participants actually raced in the series! Plus, the SF23 have one of the Gran Turismo partners(Toyota) as one of the two(Honda being the other) engine suppliers for the chassis.
Said participant actually participates in its feeder series, Super Formula Lights, which utilizes a different car.

I've had the front rise up in a similar way on both tokyo and A1 ring in a later Lancer, car is stock suspension wise. Its a very odd thing that I assumed had been caused by the last updaet that caused the floaty cars. Is this older than that ?
Odd how (to date) I've never had another car affected.

Slim chance as the car hasn't been finalised yet. Plus, even though Toyota are a Gran Turismo partner(also the first brand to join the Gran Turismo franchise), we've seen other brands partnered with Gran Turismo and not get certain cars. Nissan GT Academy Nismo Altima V8 Supercar being one.
1726609845757.png

1726609815435.png

Of course I don't know what's changed with licencing, but iRacing host Supercars events and an old discussion in the Project Cars thread had Ian Bell share (V8)Supercars licence was expensive and required they include all cars and tracks on the calendar.

Hey, we'll wait and see what happens in 2026.

So is the PS5 Pro going to run GT7 at 60FPS in the menu too? Because when you select Quality Mode, the cars from the Dealers have higher quality and RT but it runs at 30FPS.

So is the PS5 Pro going to run GT7 at 60FPS in the menu too? Because when you select Quality Mode, the cars from the Dealers have higher quality and RT but it runs at 30FPS.
That would be the hope, but nothing is guaranteed until the final release.

At the moment, everything is dependent on the developer to utilise whatever the PS5 Pro has to offer. There's no mandate from PlayStation to say, if your game gets a 'PS5 Pro' enhanced label, it needs to output a rock solid 4K 60fps with RT etc.

Given that PD have decided to make an 8K version of the game (I imagine running at 30fps) who knows what the delta will be between what the player base thinks the game needs, vs what PD will actually work on.

Back