What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,706 comments
Riced cauliflower, Italian sausage something or other.

20231210_132613.jpg

I had my second Xmas lunch/party in three days yesterday...

We went to a new 'pasta' restaurant near work and it was a really nice afternoon, but the food wasn't exactly to my liking. I ordered a ravioli dish for the main but it was pretty disappointing - in fact, all the mains were pretty disappointing - you know things are not great when lasagne looked like the best option.

Drinks-wise, however, it was complete carnage. I ended up getting separated from my friends and then was not allowed into the pub where they had all gone. The hard-looking doorman asked me where I had been earlier, and I couldn't remember the name of the pub quickly enough, and he didn't let me in. In actual fact, the guy did me a big favour as I had most certainly had enough already.

I consoled myself with a doner kebab and promptly dropped it as I walked back to campus. Fortunately, they served it in a pizza box, as so when it hit the ground upside down, the box just closed and the kebab was still completely intact.

I made it back to my office where I realised that I wasn't going to make it back to my apartment, and ended up sleeping on the couch in the office. I eventually left at 7.30 am this morning and walked home, before going back to bed for 3 hours. I'm now back up and showered, but I'm feeling decidedly ropey today, and I already have a slight case of Doner's Revenge.

We went to a new 'pasta' restaurant near work and it was a really nice afternoon, but the food wasn't exactly to my liking. I ordered a ravioli dish for the main but it was pretty disappointing - in fact, all the mains were pretty disappointing - you know things are not great when lasagne looked like the best option.

Drinks-wise, however, it was complete carnage. I ended up getting separated from my friends and then was not allowed into the pub where they had all gone. The hard-looking doorman asked me where I had been earlier, and I couldn't remember the name of the pub quickly enough, and he didn't let me in. In actual fact, the guy did me a big favour as I had most certainly had enough already.

I consoled myself with a doner kebab and promptly dropped it as I walked back to campus. Fortunately, they served it in a pizza box, as so when it hit the ground upside down, the box just closed and the kebab was still completely intact.

I made it back to my office where I realised that I wasn't going to make it back to my apartment, and ended up sleeping on the couch in the office. I eventually left at 7.30 am this morning and walked home, before going back to bed for 3 hours. I'm now back up and showered, but I'm feeling decidedly ropey today, and I already have a slight case of Doner's Revenge.
Cool, me and my family fixed some fettuccine alfredo and ate chicken and mashed potatoes with it as sides. It was really good.

I haven’t been that hammered in years. Last time was 2003 and I got so smashed my flatmates carried me home where they buttered my face and covered in slices of bread while I slept on the sofa in the living room.

When I woke in the early hours we decided to go get food and then head to the pool hall at the back of our flat and I watched an NFL game and tried to sober up while they played pool.

We left at 8am, hit the flat, had a shower and was in Uni for my first lecture on Normal Mapping in games by 9am.

Now I think it would actually kill me before 11pm. :lol:

After a stressful last couple of days (weeks) at work, I decided to treat myself to a pizza at a place near my apartment, which I only ever go to at lunchtime on a weekday when it is empty, and it's also the only place I ever go for a sit-down meal by myself. I always order the same thing, the 'Diavola' pizza, which although you can't really see it, has large, thin slices of spicy salami all over it, with fresh mozzarella and a very tasty tomato sugo. It is also ready in like 3 minutes flat, and even though it is a big pizza, I can usually polish it off in about 10 mins.

20231220_132619.jpg

This one didn't disappoint, and the waitress was incredibly cute as well. I may even have to go back for dinner :lol:

Last edited:
I’ve got some salami in the fridge from making pizzas yesterday. I’m going to eat some right now.
Nice, how did it taste? We bought some packaged salami and an 32-oz bag of shredded cheese at our local Wegmans. Then we went home and made a pizza, and some breadsticks. Was really delicious and flavorful.

Steak with caramelized parmigiano-butter-carrots and a quick redwine reduction.

Was short of ordering food, but decided to give the carrots a treatment to upgrade them.

Was a good idea and be implemented in the cooking books, very delicious.

1000014724.jpg

I'm gonna bake some christmas cookies and drink some whole milk with it. I can dip the cookies in it for a nice Christmas eve snack!

Back