Salami Calabrese Pizza
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Onion Bhajis

Then to finish

Mulled Wine
Christmas Pudding

IMG_0137.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg

Did you enjoy your holiday!? What is that, I've never heard of that name, Bodhizafa? That sounds African to me.
We had a great holiday. Thank you!
Bodhizafa is my absolute favorite beer in the entire world.
Itā€™s an IPA from Georgetown brewing in Seattle.
Iā€™ve had over 380 different IPAS and this is hands down the best one of the group.

Iā€™ve had over 380 different IPAS and this is hands down the best one of the group.
I live in the Seattle area, and you can find Bodhizafa in every grocery store. I can confirm it is an excellent beer.

We had a great holiday. Thank you!
There was this nice, solid, IPA that I got my hands on the last time I was in Seattle. It was Bottom Cutter IPA, which is apparently now an Imperial so no idea how it tastes anymore, but was brewed by Bale Breaker. Was nice and hoppy/piney and was just a straight cut IPA, not anything Juicy or Hazy or any of the recent band wagon traits that have been sticking in the IPA world the past 5 years. Was so happy to find something like that, but they never shipped out of state so I've never had it again since than.

We also checked out Dru Bru which has to be one of my favorite breweries I've been to in such a long time. Mountains were nice and snowy that day so it was just a nice sight.

Last edited:
Hospital food!
Liver bailed out on me again.

Pot Roast
Mash tater
Carrots
Chocolate mousse

IMG_3092.jpeg

Apricot BBQ sauce pork chop
Seasoned green beans
Fruit cup
Lemon Italian Ice
Crystal Light

IMG_3094.jpeg

New hospital spoon shape.

IMG_3095.jpeg

Nothing was bad, bland as expected but they know and give you a lot of salt and pepper packets of placebo. Iā€™d say the mousse and Italian Ice were the best just because thatā€™s exactly what I want to replace alcohol. Sugar!

Last edited:
Somehow my old body has survived Christmas and New Years, with all the excess sugar, fat and alcohol. Have to thank my stubborn little cells doing their best to keep me alive!

So now I will be nice to them: day 1 of eating healthy, a salad with chickenpeas, onion, tomato, mixed lettuces, and a bit of mackerel. I really needed that.

Happy New Year, again. Newest iPhone update autocorrected that to Happy Month ear! Apple smart.

Hospital breakfast!
Their words:
Stuffed crepes with blueberry sauce
Scrambled eggs
Turkey bacon (salt restricted)

The kind lady on the other end said you can get more, like more bacon, cereal, milk, fruit and three drinks. And she said ginger ale! Yes but only two sodas. Fine! No bananas left. Darn. Eggs didnā€™t show up. Bacon sucks, and I never did like blintzes and I think my blueberries were hungover from last night. Weird.

IMG_3099.jpeg

So I stashed the bacon for later.

I had a last minute request to work today, so I threw some @coryclifford fixins in a bag and brought them to work. Naked Organic Minimalist Wheat bread, French's Yellow Mustard, Kewpie Mayonaisse, and pepperoni, provolone cheese, and salami from Primo.
53435723986_5f2a4eaa41_o.jpg

Last edited:
@Populuxe I like it! Great mayo.

Inspired, I suppose, or in reality the hospital people let me get some sleep finally, but I slept through lunch, soā€¦

Piece of old white bread
Three, cold turkey bacon dog toys
Whipped butter that hardened
Ginger ale in a small can

IMG_3101.jpeg

I like the Seagramā€™s. Makes Canada Dry seem aggressive, which is good too, maybe the choice for ice or a mix drink. And Seagramā€™s is slam down cold from the can.

Happy New Year, again. Newest iPhone update autocorrected that to Happy Month ear! Apple smart.

Hospital breakfast!
Their words:
Stuffed crepes with blueberry sauce
Scrambled eggs
Turkey bacon (salt restricted)

The kind lady on the other end said you can get more, like more bacon, cereal, milk, fruit and three drinks. And she said ginger ale! Yes but only two sodas. Fine! No bananas left. Darn. Eggs didnā€™t show up. Bacon sucks, and I never did like blintzes and I think my blueberries were hungover from last night. Weird.

View attachment 1315848

So I stashed the bacon for later.
Why are you in a hospital?

Second time liver cirrhosis. 3 years apart. Alcohol.
Sorry to hear that.

This time of year does take its toll.

I spent the previous 2 days drinking beer so iced loaded that it was pretty much just beer flavoured water. But it kept my liver happy enough, any nobody minded that I was taking it easy.

Iā€™m on a steady course of nothing but water today. I had a Red Bull (Thai one) this morning to wake myself up for the ride home. Now Iā€™m looking at some loin slices to fryā€¦ I mean grill. Or maybe fry.

I still had plenty of salami, pepperoni, and provolone left over, so I stopped at Uwajimaya, my local Asian grocery and department store to see what they had in the way of crackers. I saw these green onion crackers and knew that was the right choice. Seeing how many are in the package, Iā€™m glad I bought two.
IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

Last edited:
Second time liver cirrhosis. 3 years apart.

I have Cirrhosis of the liver too, not induced by alcohol but I was born with Biliary Atresia (basically missing bile duct). This hammered my liver, normally by 20 something weā€™re supposed to have a transplant but Iā€™ve been fine upto recently where Iā€™ve developed a stone which is now making its way through my liver. Hopefully no op to get rid.

Take care of yourself and hope youā€™re on the mend soon.

Back