What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,846 comments
sgph_-_ij5_poster_0000_01_plt_intlpayoff_1sht_eng-min_f7f36980.jpeg

I want to watch it, but at the same time I’m horrified by the trailer so I’ll go into it with very low expectations.
I haven't watched the trailer for exactly that reason.

Because I am a sucker for pain, I am watching these back to back. Watched 4 of them in the last 2 evenings, I only have The Final Chapter to go!

(I completed RE 2, 3 and 4 Remake this year, so I wanted to annoy myself)

image_2023-12-22_135837620.png

I'd rather not make it a Christmas tradition either

Any good? (I, too, have not watched it yet.)
It's slick and well made. I'm not sure about how the hero and heroine are played by whitebread actors while the villain is clearly a gay stereotype and English to boot along with thug hyenas played by Whoopi and Cheech. But I'll put that out of my mind. :)

[EDIT] I don't like the songs as much as The Little Mermaid either. Sorry, Elton. Alan Menken was tied up with Pocahontas and first pick substitute Benny Andersson was busy with a stage production of his own. The lyrics are great though.

Last edited:
Not too long ago watched the original Jurassic Park trilogy in order. Not sure who's been saying to watch 1,3,2 but perhaps I should have, lol. Was jarring to watch number 3 after 2 and wonder where jeff went and who was this woman again? First movie was by far the best, third one was like a nice thriller/horror, the second one made no sense and made me disappointed 30 minutes in. I'll die on the hill that the third movie is better than the second. It just is. But I can see the appeal of both, the seond had some nice action towards the end but some frustratingly dense bits too early on where the script quality dipped entirely. Spielberg cannot write anyone who isn't a man it seems...

Last edited:
Going to watch "The Mask". Jim Carrey is a fool who goofs off a lot, don't know how he makes those hilarious faces in the movie industry.

We smashed the whole of Slow Horses Season 3 yesterday. It didn’t miss a beat and is comparable to season 1 & 2. Really looking forward to season 4 with Hugo Weaving!

IMG_0167.jpeg

Tried to watch Incredibles 2 but there's a problem at the Disney+ end as it won't play so I'll watch the 2009 remaster of this instead as I haven't seen it since the nineties or either of its sequels at all.

ib2RbGgKkazs0eviJkdzxevN53n.jpg

I dove back into 70's and 80's Kung Fu flicks.

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
The Shaolin Temple
The Five Deadly Venoms
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Drunken Master
Dragon Fist

Police Story (not really Kung Fu, but Jackie Chan)

p78
I dove back into 70's and 80's Kung Fu flicks.

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
The Shaolin Temple
The Five Deadly Venoms
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Drunken Master
Dragon Fist

Police Story (not really Kung Fu, but Jackie Chan)
I watched a few of these in my binge last year and recommend you add this movie to the list.
This movie is off the charts insane. The pirated krautrock soundtrack just adds to the incredible atmosphere but I suspect we'll never see a remastered Western release as a result.

master_flying_guillotine-jpg.1180672

It actually is on my to do watch list :).
If you have any other recommendations, feel free.

Among 2 dozen other movies lol.

p78
It actually is on my to do watch list :).
If you have any other recommendations, feel free.

Among 2 dozen other movies lol.
Take a look at my posts on the page the quote came from. I really enjoyed Michelle Yeoh in Royal Warriors aka In The Line Of Duty (1986) although that's more in a Police Story vein.

Last edited:
Watched Rebel Moon Part 1

Think that film could easily have been 30 minutes long if it wasn't for the Slo-Mo.

20240104_170811.jpg

Figured if I was going to finally watch this I should do it correctly instead of on my computer.

ouUH27iiptV2NfiJTAoeCRtZp_SuBl-QioMglnbDg3KbWKI72UnbMmCDpz1fGtZZ_st5MbQq_RmS1XYeEicsf3KRyyVPGIrb0_38liLnbD1cYlVSEzP5_fbjh8rBXYU

Finished up Season 1. I liked everything about it except for the bland younger cast. One of them had a backstory that annoyed me the more I thought of it. Everything else is pretty good.

AAAABYaJfzBG7UON4EzDSmjJeBNBpcca7EAiSjN-jTBoUE7TggosHuNgNSNfDoID19qCjXdGRnZfOxn6d9zvSe7LmCm3ZbG_0_tuB3N76bgtBFfPhscJ0VZlRhcg0HIlr8qsziorBA.jpg

And also this. It's... OK. The less you think about things, the less frustrating it is. Solid build up, though.

So yesterday I was coerced into signing up at Letterboxd and entering the movies I've watched over the years.

I'm not a huge older movie fan so I started in the 1960's with the movies sorted by popularity. When I finally went 5 pages without adding a movie, I called that decade good and went on to the next.

I just finished going through the 2020's (so far). Final tally:

:scared:

Back