What did you do in ACC today?

United States
Indiana USA
tmsheehan
ToroSports
I follow these threads for other racing games here and couldn't find a thread here so here it is.

To start this thread off today I ran the 1 hour (Career mode) and 4 hour (Championship mode) races at Spa . . . my buttocks are killing me! I am trying to get through these offline modes to build my driver's ratings and lap times before I jump into the SimGrid Daily races.

I did a few laps at Laguna Seca. I started with the Ferrari 488 but I was all of over the place. So I switched to Alpine GT4. I didn't realize how much slower the GT4s are then the GT3s. Or maybe it was just the Alpine.

I finished installing the GT2 and American Raceway packs so I guess I will see what looks good after work tonight.

I had to flip it on today so I could try the Mustang GT3. I have mostly driven the Ferrari's. It is such a different drive than the other cars. I want to get good with this car so it going to take a bit more time behind the wheel before getting lap times close to the Ferrari at Watkins. But damn it sounds good!!

Not today, but the last couple of days were a league race at Silverstone, and prepping for next week's league race at COTA. Maybe some more COTA practice and setup tweaking this evening :)

I had to flip it on today so I could try the Mustang GT3. I have mostly driven the Ferrari's. It is such a different drive than the other cars. I want to get good with this car so it going to take a bit more time behind the wheel before getting lap times close to the Ferrari at Watkins. But damn it sounds good!!
I saw the Mustang the other day and I plan on trying it out the next time I get on ACC

Brought the GT3 Mustang out to Suzuka, really good time trials at the track with this car. Qualified for my 3 stars at track competence. Looking at Watkins Glen next.

Started new on my EMEA Bampa_IRE_Racer account with a 3 star effort at Misano and Nurburgring to build up my Track Competence rating. Hotlap event 51 at SPA, ran a 2:33.805 after about 7 laps trying to figure out Stability Control was on (what does that crap do anyways - noticed no difference in car handling). Good for 11,224th place. Then headed over to start a Championship Series (2020 GT World Europe Sprint Cup) using the trusty Bentley Continental GT3. Race 1 ended in 9th, Race 2 ended in 3rd. Overall a good 1st night on this account ending with a total rating of 5470.

Edit: Just looked at my NA (Main PS account) rating and after 2 years I am only at 7270. Sad, panda sad.

Last edited:
I did nothing after a windows 11 update and an ACC update OpenXR no longer works it was fine last week and now ACC launches to single screen.
Bring on AC Evo I say all the stuffing around you have to do to get VR to work is a pain.
Sorry to vent on others having fun just frustrated.
Carry on. :)

I did nothing after a windows 11 update and an ACC update OpenXR no longer works it was fine last week and now ACC launches to single screen.
Bring on AC Evo I say all the stuffing around you have to do to get VR to work is a pain.
Sorry to vent on others having fun just frustrated.
Carry on. :)
So is this an issue I have to be concerned about if\when I move off console to PC? I am considering a PC now since 90% of my racing is now AC, ACC, and FM23. I rarely get on GT7 now-a-days due to the boredom in offline mode and poor online lobbies.

With the PC racing I am concerned about all the modding I hear is prevalent and how difficult that is going to get if I chose to add them as well. What are your thoughts and experience?

So is this an issue I have to be concerned about if\when I move off console to PC? I am considering a PC now since 90% of my racing is now AC, ACC, and FM23. I rarely get on GT7 now-a-days due to the boredom in offline mode and poor online lobbies.

With the PC racing I am concerned about all the modding I hear is prevalent and how difficult that is going to get if I chose to add them as well. What are your thoughts and experience?
You can't beat the PC when it comes to simulators just so much head room to make the experience so much better. But to have that sometimes you have to ride a rocky road. If you just like the basics and just want to play without any tweaking stay with a console but despite my frustrations I couldn't go back and my console is just a media player now days.
If it wasn't for the modding community AC would have died out 10 years ago but is still very strong today which by the way I have no VR issues and thanks to the community I even get to play some Gran Turismo still.
I have a feeling the Unreal engine is the underlying problem which the Kunos guys have decided to ditch on EVO.
But to cut a long story short I wouldn't go back to console despite the trials and tribulations in playing PC just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
I cleared out all the available Special Events (all 3 ran again). I saw several events from season 6 the were listed on the previous events so why were they not available? Finally got the goofy Pace Rating (PC) up to 70. I was getting tired of seeing it at 7.

I downloaded the Nürburgring 24h pack and had my first shot of ACC using my wheel, and I must say I was seriously impressed (even though I am seriously rubbish and need a tonne of practice).

As a die-hard Gran Turismo fan, it pains me a bit to say it, but the Nürburgring Nordschleife in ACC is so much more realistic, plus I love the fact that the game has all the current GT3 cars, drivers, liveries etc.. IMHO, and even after just a very short couple of attempts, it just feels more realistic across the board, esp. the sound and the ambience around the track is infinitely better than GT7. Hell, even the placement of the (copious) portaloos around the track are bang on accurate - brings back so many memories 😅

I'm definitely going to persevere with the game and try to at least get semi-decent at it; and until (and unless) GT7 gets the 296 GT3, I'll be playing ACC a lot more!

I downloaded the Nürburgring 24h pack and had my first shot of ACC using my wheel, and I must say I was seriously impressed (even though I am seriously rubbish and need a tonne of practice).

As a die-hard Gran Turismo fan, it pains me a bit to say it, but the Nürburgring Nordschleife in ACC is so much more realistic, plus I love the fact that the game has all the current GT3 cars, drivers, liveries etc.. IMHO, and even after just a very short couple of attempts, it just feels more realistic across the board, esp. the sound and the ambience around the track is infinitely better than GT7. Hell, even the placement of the (copious) portaloos around the track are bang on accurate - brings back so many memories 😅

I'm definitely going to persevere with the game and try to at least get semi-decent at it; and until (and unless) GT7 gets the 296 GT3, I'll be playing ACC a lot more!
I recommend you jump on YouTube and watch some of the tuning videos. Here are a few I think are really good:

Last edited:
I did my first full event tonight, albeit on Beginner difficulty - glad to report that I got pole position and won both sprint races at a circuit I've never tried before (Zolder), so Beginner is hopefully too easy for me 😅

I'm really enjoying it though, the realism of the racing event(s) is far, far superior to GT in almost every way - even having to change drivers mid-race is something so integral to GT racing, that it's surprising just how lacklustre the racing element of Gran Turismo is in comparison.

It's highly ironic that one of the only things I truly despise about GT7 is the criminally overpriced Cr. packs, and yet I'd be totally in favour of reasonably priced DLC packs of racing cars, tracks and even whole series - in comparison, the ACC DLC seems pretty reasonable, and the game itself seems expansive in terms of the number of cars and events it covers.

I bought the British GT pack tonight, though that was maybe silly since I will probably get the entire GT pack eventually - but I need to learn Donington before I go there for the British GT in a few weeks time :)

Last edited:
Back