What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 717 comments
Tried to run a 20 lap Retro Endurance race at Watkins Glen but the internet crapped out at the last minute and I had to restart. Another 20 laps later the connection went down again and I lost everything. Screw this.
Luckily the Forza servers were fixed today and I managed to complete the Retro and Global Endurance tours. The last race at Kyalami was a little hairy since my Jackie Chan DC Oreca was basically running on wheel rims for the final lap.

Just Classic Endurance to go now and I'll've beaten the FOMO deadline.

Last edited:
Luckily the Forza servers were fixed today and I managed to complete the Retro and Global Endurance tours. The last race at Kyalami was a little hairy since my Jackie Chan DC Oreca was basically running on wheel rims for the final lap.

Just Classic Endurance to go now and I'll've beaten the FOMO deadline.
I used the '09 Chevy Oreca FLM09 for the Kyalami race - with all the engine mods it was more than quick enough and the linear power delivery made it a real sweetheart out of low/mid speed corners.

I really enjoyed the Endurance tour overall. I had a couple of races where I had to push like crazy to win, firstly in the Ford GT40 mk2 at Daytona, where I entered it stock and had to beat a brace of Shelby Monaco King Cobras. They weren't that fast through the infield section, but on the banking they were absolute rockets, and I had to rely on backmarkers, some Magnussen-esque blocking and a fair bit of luck to keep them behind.

Then again in the reward showcase, I started from 12th and quickly got up to third, then spent the entire race battling with a pair of Porsche 962's, which were at least 20km/h faster down the Mulsanne than the Nissan. I spent the majority of that battle either looking in the rearview, or slipstreaming one or the other to gain some speed and try to save some fuel.

Did the hot hatch and track specials tours. Starting to get the hang of the handling now. I like that the AI is quite unpredictable. Had some biblical rain in one race, could barely see the corner ahead.

The xcloud stream has been mostly fine though a few times it falters/buffers and I end up in the wall. I’m thinking I may end up getting a Series S if I can find one very very cheap.

Another productive day for me as I managed to complete the Endurance Tour and beat the deadline.

The Team Lotus car I found in my garage annihilated the competition as I was able to start from the back of the pack on Level 8 AI and still came in first comfortably for a nice credits reward.

ba616b18-29d2-4935-a8f5-ac6aab228493.png
af4052fa-3f13-4651-b07d-c48fab14e457.png

The Reward Showcase was pretty exciting as I had to complete the last lap of Old Mulsanne with severe tire wear and had nearly zero grip on the final turns.

Last edited:
The Grand Prix Grudge has been rather disappointing because the Ferrari 312 T2 is way too dominant, even in stock form, and the McLaren M23s are no shows at all.
I took a look at the stats before picking a car. James Hunt's wasn't really up to snuff.

The Grand Prix Grudge has been rather disappointing because the Ferrari 312 T2 is way too dominant, even in stock form, and the McLaren M23s are no shows at all.

Funny, I drove the McLaren, and I got to P1 on the first lap of each race, maybe the AI just can't drive these cars fast.

Funny, I drove the McLaren, and I got to P1 on the first lap of each race, maybe the AI just can't drive these cars fast.
What I meant is that I expected the AI to run McLarens in the top half of the field If I chose the Ferrari, but I ended passing a bunch of Renaults, a stray Lotus and maybe 1-2 McLarens at the back, so where's the rivalry?

In the last six days I’ve done seven of the eight endurance events. I did the first one weeks ago, but panicked when it got notified they all would expire soon. Nissan R88C FOMO, but at least now I have it.

I finished the bonus round of the Endurance series. My difficulty level was set to 6 and using Hard tires, I only needed one pit stop. The AI needed 2 stops, so I won easily (by something like 48 seconds).

I finished the bonus round of the Endurance series. My difficulty level was set to 6 and using Hard tires, I only needed one pit stop. The AI needed 2 stops, so I won easily (by something like 48 seconds).
I used two sets of Medium tyres but the tread was completely scrubbed on the second set by the final lap fourteen.

Running through the Open Class events before I start the Nemesis Tour. And like previous events, I have a new theme: Japan vs USA

Currently have D Class finished, but I picked out the other cars:

• D Class - Honda Prelude Type SH
  • C Class - Camaro 35th Anniversary
  • B Class - GR Supra
  • A Class - Viper GTS ACR
  • S Class - R390 GT1
  • R Class - McLaren Sabre (Technically a US car)

I finished the Rally Rivals series in the Nemesis Tour in the 2008 STI. No issues at all. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, that's where the fun ended for me last night. I tried to do the Grand Prix Grudge in the McLaren, and the game crashed on me 3 times during the Brands Hatch race. Hopefully tonight goes smoother.

Edit:
I was able to finish the Grand Prix Grudge tonight. What a missed opportunity for such awesome race cars. 3 lap practice and 4 laps for the race? Races should last at least 15 minutes, not 8….

Last edited:
I used two sets of Medium tyres but the tread was completely scrubbed on the second set by the final lap fourteen.
I started on the Medium tyres which were pretty much dead by the end of lap six, then switched to the Hard to finish the race. Almost laughed with relief when the two Porsche 962's that had been hounding me pitted on the second last lap for new tyres.

I started on the Medium tyres which were pretty much dead by the end of lap six, then switched to the Hard to finish the race. Almost laughed with relief when the two Porsche 962's that had been hounding me pitted on the second last lap for new tyres.
I considered using hard tyres but it's easier to defend a P1 postion than catch up from behind in this game so I took the chance.

Last edited:
In preparation of the Holy Trinity rivalry event, I rewatched the Grand Tour Season 1, Episode 1, and I chose the Porsche 918. I own the P1 but honestly, I don't enjoy it.
I didn't own any of them but I picked the Porsche thinking it should out handle the other two and I think that's how it went. At Hakone I just couldn't catch the two Ferraris down that long straight and I ended up finishing 3rd in that race. But at the other tracks I gained a lot of time in the corners. I also thought it was ironic that the final race was at Yas Marina where Hammond drove the 918 for his review.

I didn't own any of them but I picked the Porsche thinking it should out handle the other two and I think that's how it went. At Hakone I just couldn't catch the two Ferraris down that long straight and I ended up finishing 3rd in that race. But at the other tracks I gained a lot of time in the corners. I also thought it was ironic that the final race was at Yas Marina where Hammond drove the 918 for his review.
I haven't run the full gauntlet, so I must ask if Spa is the third race, because Clarkson reviewed the P1 there. Speaking of which, it's too bad we don't have Algarve to settle the argument (and later demolish Clarkson's house :lol:.)

I haven't run the full gauntlet, so I must ask if Spa is the third race, because Clarkson reviewed the P1 there. Speaking of which, it's too bad we don't have Algarve to settle the argument (and later demolish Clarkson's house :lol:.)
No Spa is not the 3rd race. I think it's Catalunya. Silverstone, Hakone, Catalunya, Yas Marina.

I considered using hard tyres but it's easier to defend a P1 postion than catch up from behind in this game so I took the chance.
I found that the pace difference between the two wasn't too bad, but the hards did take a bit longer to come up to temp so I had to tread carefully on the outlap after the pit stop. I think if I'd tried to do two medium stints my tyres would have been absolutely gone before I started the last lap.

Maybe check your brake balance? I usually run 55% front balance with 110% braking force and I never have any issues no matter what track, but then again I always go for grip/handling builds so I'm never really that fast along the straights.

Maybe check your brake balance? I usually run 55% front balance with 110% braking force and I never have any issues no matter what track, but then again I always go for grip/handling builds so I'm never really that fast along the straights.
Thanks, I will try and report back!

The only issues I have with Mid Ohio and braking is trying to spot and hit a consistent braking marker on the approach to the tight right-hander at the end of the long back straight (after the kink). Oh and I hate the tightening penultimate corner. That one is just understeer city and I can never seem to nail either the entry or the apex.

The only issues I have with Mid Ohio and braking is trying to spot and hit a consistent braking marker on the approach to the tight right-hander at the end of the long back straight (after the kink). Oh and I hate the tightening penultimate corner. That one is just understeer city and I can never seem to nail either the entry or the apex.
I miss the pit lane cheat but appreciate being forced to learn how to drive.

I used to think Homestead-Miami was horrible but I think I've got the hang of it now. We should do a rate the tracks poll if someone hasn't done it already.

That Right hander after the straight is such a difficult corner to get right. The braking point is so hard to see with dynamic time of day/weather and cars right in front of you.

I ran a 2-lap race in the Nordschleife aboard the GM T.50 and posted a 6:48:XX dirty lap time (!). It is now my new favorite car, and it even allowed me to pass the carrousel on the outside and get high 9 scores (!).

I ran a 2-lap race in the Nordschleife aboard the GM T.50 and posted a 6:48:XX dirty lap time (!). It is now my new favorite car, and it even allowed me to pass the carrousel on the outside and get high 9 scores (!).
I got a 7:00 flat on my first lap around there yesterday in my shiny new LaFerrari. I'll have to give the T50 a go next!

Back