What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,371 comments
djs
I’m running a similar race at Fuji. 44 laps, 3x fuel, 5x tyre. The Viper and the Diablo are consuming fuel 1,5 times the other cars. Both are just below 500hp. So they pit an additional time, resulting finishing last. How did you manage to get them have a descent consumption?
I'm not sure I did anything special. Both cars are fully weight reduced, their racing transmissions are extended a bunch, and boost was on weak.

Honestly, I think it was a bit of luck that it worked out that way. I think rain and heavy damage kept them in the game.

Today I did some this and some of that. I don't even know. See below:

Last edited:
I'm not sure I did anything special. Both cars are fully weight reduced, their racing transmissions are extended a bunch, and boost was on weak.

Honestly, I think it was a bit of luck that it worked out that way. I think rain and heavy damage kept them in the game.

Today I did some this and some of that. I don't even know. See below:

Looks like a Volvo lunar rover mission

18ff952724a31-screenshotUrl.jpg

I did a thing today. Fastest time on my friends list through the carousel as well. By a lot. And I've got a few world class homies on there... 😂😂 Middle of the road as far as full lap but it's been my nemesis for all time and I'm glad to have it done. Thanks to the recent time trial for making me grind out that gold and learn a track I didn't think I ever could.

Today did one lap in the TT with the rental Mac, took 4 seconds off my time got overconfident in turn 2 and slid off the racing line so red for lap 2 which I quit. Did st Croix in a RUF it eats up the opposition at 700pp. Then 5 laps at the German GP circuit in a Toyota MR2 (engine swapped) came in third 2.4 seconds behind the leader. Finally took a Nissan Tundra round the Daytona oval, dull race, sat at 164mph for four and a half laps. Got a 6* engine ticket that gave me a Porsche 959 unit, will find a use for that although I have a bit of shopping prior to shoehorning that into a Porsche 356......

Today I took several scape photos, did some Civic liveries, participated in the Civic TT at Tsukuba and did some campaign events. And I did a couple CE's and practiced there. What did you guys do? I am so thrilled to be back in my cozy home. Well apartment.

So decided to try and get some of the harder clubman cup plus races done so I went for the PP700 at Fuji, don’t have many cars that fit the criteria but managed to get my 911 GT3 (997) 09 under the pp limit with RH tyres it currently stands at 514bhp and the ai just trounced me in cars that I know are nowhere near capable of the speeds they were doing including a bloody tundra trd and a couple of really old classic cars, I’m convinced the game/ai is cheating in these races 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So decided to try and get some of the harder clubman cup plus races done so I went for the PP700 at Fuji, don’t have many cars that fit the criteria but managed to get my 911 GT3 (997) 09 under the pp limit with RH tyres it currently stands at 514bhp and the ai just trounced me in cars that I know are nowhere near capable of the speeds they were doing including a bloody tundra trd and a couple of really old classic cars, I’m convinced the game/ai is cheating in these races 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️

AI cars definitely aren't normal. They weigh 10 tons when they drive into me and shove me out of the way, or when I drive into them and bounce off them like a tennis ball.

Or, in some of the clubman races, when I easily catch and overtake the leader he suddenly takes off like KITT hitting Super Pursuit mode, or like Dominic Toretto suddenly discovering he has 3 extra gears faster than his top gear.

-Drove the 917K around the Nurburgring 24 layout, Monza and Le Mans
-Drove my modified Ferrari F12 around Daytona
-Bought the BAC Mono and drove it around Road Atlanta

AI cars definitely aren't normal. They weigh 10 tons when they drive into me and shove me out of the way, or when I drive into them and bounce off them like a tennis ball.

Or, in some of the clubman races, when I easily catch and overtake the leader he suddenly takes off like KITT hitting Super Pursuit mode, or like Dominic Toretto suddenly discovering he has 3 extra gears faster than his top gear.
I found them to be ok in all other races except the clubman cup plus ones, they seem to be on a different level and really geared towards super crazy fast ai, it’s very frustrating 😡🤷‍♂️

I bought another Skyline GTS. I took the GT by Citreon Road car to LeMans. I noticed that I was well below 700 pp so I switched to RM tires. I got 3.5 laps on FM6 and the monsoon started at the end of lap 3. I pitted and Portilla was on my tail and smashed into the pit wall I think he dropped to 20th after that 🤣 🤣 . Anyway I finished after lap 6. I saved the replay and watched Portilla crash a few times 🤣. Anyway got a part for 14 Subby. I saw the Ferrari invite and the 500k on the ⭐⭐⭐⭐🎫 but I got the worst choice. Oh well what can you do 🤷‍♂️
Edit: I forgot I got an early birthday gift a 23 Toyota SF car which I promptly sold for 300k cr

Last edited:
Nothing!

Yesterday I did nothing on Gran Turismo 7 and today will be the same. Tomorrow, well, not sure I can stay away that long..

I've been playing Gran Turismo enough that it's aggravating an old shoulder injury on my right arm, and I'm developing a new pain in my left elbow. Not sure if thats from subconsciously compensating to protect my right arm or not. Also my hands are getting tender where I grip the wheel. Never mind the back pains that I always got from my Playseat.

Taking a few days off Gran Turismo and giving my creaky old body some time to recover. I've been spending the time focussing on other hobbies that I've been neglecting.

Took 2 new cars to the Le Mans track, first the Honda NSX GT500, i only decreased the output to 91 to get it under 700PP and what a joy it was to drive this one, breaks were super crisp and responsive and it handled tight little turns like a ballet dancer. Got one easy win out of this one.

The other car was a Nissan Silvia S15 Touring Car, i bought the medium turbo charger and intermediate tires for it and headed to the track. I did win with this one to but i felt like this car needed a little more man handling to behave :)

I put fuel mapping to 6 from the beginning to see how long it would last and i only needed to pit for extra fuel once, and i skipped changing tires because it refused to rain, my first time doing the WTC 700 at le Mans without rain.

I also finished the weekly challenge and started to play the Championships again to get gold in all of them.

Had a busy and fun day at the tracks.

Today was overall good sportng session in both Daily B & C races!
  • Did some races in the day with the weekly races at St.Croix and netteed sum cash, 200k and roulette ticket.
  • Onto the Daily Race B first, used the 2018 NISMO GT3 cup car, placed a good 7th after heavy battling at RBR & clean race bonus!
  • Then did the Lemans race first in my 787B, did ok my qualify lap didnt go through as i missed the timeout.
  • Had to work my up the grid to get from 14th to 6th which was quite good!
  • Then went back to RBR for another bash in the SUBURU BRZ GT500, but pace was not as good only placed so-so.
  • Went over back to Le-mans and really pushed this time round. It was very chaotic start to a C rank race.
  • Battled and battled so many cars crashing left right and center, lost time in the pits, somehow the guy in p3 exited early even though we both entered at the same time. Not sure why? Myabe he didnt change tyres or sumthing.
  • Fought to the end to net 3rd place and my best result today and back up to DR rating B. Thankfully.
Overall a crazy session but the last race qas fun and enjoyable and good result!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610204943.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610210159.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610210134.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610212212.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610213113.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610223123.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610222252.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610222206.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610224620.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610225341.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610225433.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610225536.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610231103.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610230145.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610231353.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240610231425.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610214643.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610214643.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610215354.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610215354.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610215443.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610215443.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
After a lost weekend, in which I blew off the Toyota GR series on the GTP account, I got back into the swing of things the hard way. After failing to win the Fishermans Ranch Japanese 4WD Challenge with a stock (except for tires) 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer, and many tries with the 2017 Nissan GT-R (again stock except for tires), I finally got the latter through a clean race in 3:23. Before taking my resulting/insulting 3-star Wheel of Despair (2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-legal 10,000 Cr.), I put snow tires on the GT-R and, after a few bumps, did the Lake Louise Japanese 4WD Challenge in 4:16.

As my internet crashed while trying to take the Wheel of Despair the first time, I skipped the Plus account after waiting a half-hour for the internet to come back up and actually get the 10,000 Cr.

Several things but my fat old man meds limited my ability some:
Attempt to gold another section of the Tokyo East CE
Ran WTC 600 at Tokyo East in the Bulgari, lost CRB and no idea why.
Ran WTC 900 at Le Mans in the 97 McLaren F1. That car is new to me but I did OK.
Laid down a qualifying time for Race C in a 787B.
Knocked out several music rallies with silver on each.

I sulked because I’ve got my ass handed in the WTC 600 Championship 😂 still trying to see how far I can get in the game without spending any CR.

Thoroughly disgusted with the class acts of dirty drivers in the C rating. I pick and choose when I want to race in the daily races when my favorite tracks (which are few) show up in rotation. This week is at Le Mans (a big favorite) and I do well BUT I will have to sit this week out because of the dirt that causes a great race to become a rating destroying wreckfest.
Video will be posted...

For some reason I bought another Volvo V40 - did a full race tune with a BTCC livery

Went back and tried the LeMans LTC - improved to a 3:46:8xx.... but need a 3:46:2xx for silver. GAHHHH :banghead:.
So close but yet so far...

Completed menu book 33 in a power restricted Gr. 4 Mustang and while RHs were a hoot on the wet Red Bull Ring I couldn’t find enough grip off the racing line. Caved in at last and bought some IMs 😭 for a win in race 1, due to sloppy driving a 2nd place in Suzuka and battling for 3rd, and the overall win, on the Dragon Trail. In the last lap I slipped a little and the Audi gave me a love tap and I spun out 😱 finishing 2nd overall in the Championship.

Still, I had so much fun, loved it

Back