What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,945 comments
I did the new 800pp WTC Fuji race to begin with today, powerboat would have suited the track best at the start but I started in the Lexus GT500 on full wets, sat on low fuel burn for first couple of laps as it was full scale monsoon. Lap 4 the rain is stopped but the radar shows more rain coming soon, most pit, I stay out on wets, rain comes back late lap 5 and into 6 my worn rain tyres won't last another 4 laps especially as it's drying fast I pit on 7 and put on hard slicks, no fuel and turn TC to 5 Lap 8 is very sideways, lap 9 I'm on pace and lap 10 I'm stretching the lead again.
Did three missions that weren't gold, they are now. Did Sardinia WTC800 again in the Lexus short shifting and FM6, crossed the finish line with 3% fuel remaining (winning by 1:20) but wouldn't recommend this strategy as I was bullied numerous times out of corners due to short changes The Porsche RSR and the Aston Martin both nerfed me off the track at various points as they came out of tight bends with more acceleration than me I lost 4 places on lap 2 thanks AM vanquish.
100k for weekly one.
5k off the marathon spinner.
Painted the BAC Mono in preparation for it's coming outing.

I did Fuji today too, I didn’t change tyres 😳 I went from have loadsa tred left to having none whatsoever 😂😂

Spun out in 1st place three bends from the finish, oh nos, just held on to 2nd place, phew……

Well today was a interesting session, good racing in japans top track! But some shifty buggers push passing and spinnign out. Not much Daily to do but SUZUKA!

Chugged my RGT 4.2 Beast around and give it more power, almost 952bhp and it a very cool car at SSR X.
Collected my bronze for the Subaru Eiger TT. only 250k and did some weekly races.
Did the daily Race B twice and got my rythm when using the fat m6 Gt3 sprint model.
Achieved 7th overall so not bad.

One wierd occurence in this daily race was a spanish driver "Raul" (see photo below) in a Mazda Stealth GT3 had spun out and then rage quit and decided to blame me for not absolute reason, when I passed him after as I was further behind in the pack, he was liek 4th and just spun out by himself , which was at the hairpin at Suzuka. Very bizarre, ppl shud check before flapping there profanity whether or not I was acuatlly involved or not slect the wrong name in the name list at the chat menu top, lol. :banghead::D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240809191549.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809200157.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809200405.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809202938.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809210055.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809210301.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809210209.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809213711.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809212323.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809215114.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809215124.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809220246.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809221018.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809221125.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809221234.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809221356.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809220335.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240809220326.jpg

Last edited:
I did a few runs of Sardegna yesterday and today comparing strategies. I did the first 3 with my GT-One and then the last one in my CLK-LM, which happened to be 3 seconds slower over the race distance. I had to retrain my braking points for the CLK. The Toyota is VERY aero dependent, but doesn’t feel faster over a lap. After those, I bought 2 more GT-Ones and the 356 Coupe before they disappear. I then went back and did the weekly challenges. The Fuji race was the standout, honestly. I used my GT-One once again and it was fine until I pitted for slicks on lap 7. I tried to stay on the wets as long as I could and go straight to slicks. I got barely off the dry line in T3 and spun like a top off the road. After that, I tiptoed to the end to win by around a minute. All in good fun!

Took the SuperGT RC F to Spa again for an (too) easy win, but that allows me to marvel at the visuals. Bravo, PD, bravo! Besides the price money the 4* gave me a Toyota FT-1 VGT 😍

I created a championship with historic cars, 519pp max 260cv, I trying to recreate the grand tour of gt5; Eiger, deep forest, santa croce, Sardinia (round trip). 10 laps per ride.

Attachments

• IMG_7985.jpeg
    IMG_7985.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7986.jpeg
    IMG_7986.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 4
Trying to get Mission & track experience on gold but its not that easy.... and as always still tryinig to get 20mil for a car...... never ever have i get one expensive car

Bought a second BMW M3 from the used car dealer.

Did weekly challenges. Used the GT One at Suzuka. Im not much of a fan of Suzuka, but racing in the rain was fun. Won without stopping using FM6. I really wish we would have more rain races than just basically Spa and LeMans.

just having some cereal and waiting for the World Finals stream to start.

Did the WC. Bought an M3 and MR2. Took the swapped GR Corolla to LeMans. Got 3 laps on FM6 hardly any rain so I ended up doing 2 stops. I pitted at the end of lap 6 instead 5 so I created a little artificial drama as time was winding down and I was worried the time would run out while I was in the pits. I got out with 11 seconds left and I was behind the Portilla at the start of the 7th lap. I passed him to win by 12 seconds

I admitted defeat:grumpy: Did the master licence National B got gold on all then attempted National A A-1 Peugeot at Dragons tail eventually golded it A2 and A3 close on A-2 is 25.460 for Gold I did 25.670 cannot better it so moved on to A-3 Giulia GTAm 20 at Autopolis the Hairpin done 20.124, Gold target is 19.000 after 50 mins and realising it aint going to happen admitted defeat and gave up I cannot do anymore! I happy I got this far to be honest but I am still going be bombarding the makers for a difficulty slider which actually works for us not so good and also for those who are far better than I.
Just looking at my Dashboard now and I am happy got 61/213 event races, 10/10 Championship races, 193 Podium Finishes, Collector Level is 30 (never been a collector just got cars for do the race I was in), 39/39 Menu Books, 5/11 Bonus Menus, 0/40 Extra menus, 43% Circuit Experience, 58% Licence Centre, 33% progress Missions with 14/56 Gold 17 silver and 25 Bronze, and 16% Music Rally(which I don't recall doing or hearing before lol). Not a lot compared to some I know but I went as far as I could on each thing until I ran out of talent.
So all in all for an old giffer like me I am happy with my progress just a bit sad I know I don't have the skill level to progress further but hey ho all good things must come to an end, Roll on GT8 anyone know when if it coming?

kjb
Did the WC. Bought an M3 and MR2. Took the swapped GR Corolla to LeMans. Got 3 laps on FM6 hardly any rain so I ended up doing 2 stops. I pitted at the end of lap 6 instead 5 so I created a little artificial drama as time was winding down and I was worried the time would run out while I was in the pits. I got out with 11 seconds left and I was behind the Portilla at the start of the 7th lap. I passed him to win by 12 seconds

I had the opposite.. my lead ahead of 2nd place was about the same time as remained on the clock when I was about to start lap 7 so I parked on the start / finish line and waited for the clock to wind down, while keeping an eye on the map and then the chicane behind me. It was going to be tight.

2nd and 3rd decided to pit so instead of seeing them appear exiting the chicane, I saw the fuel indicators appear next to their names, with about 5 seconds to go on the clock.. so when it wound down I crossed the line. I was still showing as first, and it said "1st" on the race ending animation, but when the finishing table flashed up, all of the times and gaps, for every driver, were "--:--", apart from fastest lap... and I was second. I'd cut it too fine and given up about 330,000 credits to save 2 minutes. Oops.

Relevance to your post: apparently it is possible to win this race in the pits.

Last edited:
I'm grinding the WTC 800 races at Sardegna track A. My goal is to do at least 10 races hich will be about 7.30M credits. I did 4 Lnline races at Suzuka and 2 at Eiger.

I had the opposite.. my lead ahead of 2nd place was about the same time as remained on the clock when I was about to start lap 7 so I parked on the start / finish line and waited for the clock to wind down, while keeping an eye on the map and then the chicane behind me. It was going to be tight.

2nd and 3rd decided to pit so instead of seeing them appear exiting the chicane, I saw the fuel indicators appear next to their names, with about 5 seconds to go on the clock.. so when it wound down I crossed the line. I was still showing as first, and it said "1st" on the race ending animation, but when the finishing table flashed up, all of the times and gaps, for every driver, were "--:--", apart from fastest lap... and I was second. I'd cut it too fine and given up about 230,000 credits to save 2 minutes. Oops.

Relevance to your post: apparently it is possible to win this race in the pits.
I believe you are correct my only issue was I didn't have a big enough gap so I didn't want to take any chances 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Righty. Today I made myself feel sick doing donuts in the shifter kart in VR.

Then, switched back to flat screen and controller to do a Sardegna grind in a 787b. I'd gotten to lap 3, spent most of it moaning about the inconsistency of the handling in the game and the 1.50 physics - my 787b was suddenly terrible on the brakes and didn't want to turn into corners.. not quite feeling like understeer but feeling like running out of steering lock... and it had felt OK earlier today on the Fuji weekly challenge. And why are my tyres wearing at such a ridiculous rate? Oh, it's because I'm still on intermediates. 🤦‍♂️

One unscheduled pitstop later for some RMs and the handling, wear rate and braking are back to normal.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, after collecting 250,000 Cr. for going slowly through Eiger Norwand in a rented Subaru Impreza Rally Car, I rented the "Living Legend" to get a solid silver time (1:02.8) at High Speed Ring. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the middle-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

I then bought another Toyota Yaris for tomorrow's TGR race and did a few practice laps, getting down to 1:22.8. That ended the day.

On the GTP account, after collecting 250,000 Cr. for going slowly through Eiger Norwand in a rented Subaru Impreza Rally Car, I rented the "Living Legend" to get a solid silver time (1:02.8) at High Speed Ring. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the middle-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

I then bought another Toyota Yaris for tomorrow's TGR race and did a few practice laps, getting down to 1:22.8. That ended the day.
I'm sorry to ask but how much is that Porsche legend car because I did 5 races at the WTC 800 Sardegna races and earned about 4M credits in roughly 2 and a half hours plus I had to sell a couple cars that I didn't use anymore. I only took 4 car scapes/photos today, plus did a few Online races at Suzuka which tanked my DR again.

I'm sorry to ask but how much is that Porsche legend car because I did 5 races at the WTC 800 Sardegna races and earned about 4M credits in roughly 2 and a half hours plus I had to sell a couple cars that I didn't use anymore. I only took 4 car scapes/photos today, plus did a few Online races at Suzuka which tanked my DR again.
one million credits. you can get it from the Porsche showroom in Brand Central

Last edited:
Today was another big day. I did at least 10 Sardegna races in my TS030 working on getting it faster. I was able to get it down to a 26:44 race time with it. I got a Porsche invite from a roulette ticket, so I bought a couple of Carrera GTs. I took one to do the WC race and easily won. I then did the Fuji WC race in the RCF GT500 and again won easily. Finally, I did a couple of LeMans grind races and called it a night.

Managed to win the WC Brands Hatch in a stock BAC today. Granted it was elbows out the last corner to steal the win but it’s been a rather clean race by BTCC standards. Have to say the BAC is an engaging but fun drive.

It was a relatively-busy day. On the GTP account, I first did the Weekly Challenges in a (more-or-less) "fair-play" way:
  • Tsukuba Sunday Cup Classic in 3:55 with a stock Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
  • Spa Japanese Clubman Cup in 8:21 with a stock Nissan R32 GT-R V-spec II (after a few restarts)
  • Kyoto Porsche Cup in 9:27 with a stock 2009 Porsche 911 (again after a few restarts and finding the 2016 911 too potent)
  • Brands Hatch Special Event in 8:01 (by 3.4 seconds) with a stock BAC Mono (again after many restarts)
  • A rainy (through lap 6 and into 7) Fuji WTC 800 in 19:18 with a stock (other than rain tires) Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 (ultimately on a 1-stop/no-tire-change/IM strategy)
The 6-star Challenge Wheel of Despair puked out a 2002 Honda NSX, dumped for a mere 284,550 Cr., while the...you guessed it...3-star marathon Wheel of Despair was actually almost as good as the 6-star, giving the high-showing 100,000 Cr.

The 7 pm CDT TGR race was a disaster, enough that I decided to try to get rid of the last sliver of DR at 8 pm. I didn't quite succeed, getting 8th. I think that, unless there's a free car on offer, I'm done with online racing because I absolutely, positively S*CK SU*K SUC*. I doubt I'll even get the last dozen races I need for the trophy on the Plus account, which once again was left abandoned.

Today was another good session. I did a few Le Mans races and honestly, it’s becoming one of my favorite races to do. I came back after dinner to check the dealers and picked up the newly available Toms Supra GT500 and did another run at Le Mans. Collected an engine ticket which yielded the LFA V10, which went straight into a GR Supra. The daily marathon ticket got me a Genesis Gr3.

I went to the License Center and wanted to turn my bronze time with the Porsche 917 in Spa into gold.
As i first did the licenses, i just couldn't make it. So i did a very slow lap (1:38), only to get the license.

My first full lap this time was about 6 sec away from gold. That made me think i might not be able to get gold. But i kept driving and actually could shave off 1 sec in each full lap.
After 147 Km and countless retries i finaly did it:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811190459.jpg

Finally got a quick lap in the Roadster Rampage where I didn't cross any white lines or glance off a advertisement board, so 250k to come from that later in the week. Think the reversed circuit doesn't flow well for me and I'm dumping speed too early to go into corners, not helped of course by a car with such little rear grip.
BAC Mono (running 400ish HP (no turbo)), gosh this squirrelly little thing power on oversteer city, good job I'm familiar with Bands Hatch I squirmed down each straight passing multiple cars each time generally for them to squeeze up the inside at the next bend.
Tsukuba Sunday cup I tried using the old Honda s400 two fourth places just didn't have the grunt to compete. Switch to a Honda Fit and despite the screaming tyres I got first.
Japanese Clubman Cup, Mitsubishi Lancer with an escudo V6 in it, an easy win spent a lot of time on the brakes.
Porsche cup, I took out a Porsche 959 for the first time I've driven this, after discovering the prosperity to dive sideways under heavy braking I enjoyed the mix of power and grip and had a good lead from lap 3 onwards.
Daily marathon ticket adjustable springs for a roadster rampage.....
Six star ticket an Audi R18, pretty sure that's a recent duplicate, would be tempted to buy that Ferrari 250 berlinetta if it was an alloy body one but 8M credits for that would dent the purse for the next 20M legend.

Back