what do you drive in the real world?

Originally posted by slolx50
i don't think that there is such a motor. all mustang 302's were of the Windsor family. there was a 351 Cleveland that was used in the Mach 1's of the late 60's and early 70's,if you would like to see one check out the 1971 Mach 1 in my stable below, so if someone told you that you had a 302 cleveland they told you wrong. and there is no way to swap the 302 parts onto the 351C because it is a totally different engine design. if you could shed some light on this it would be helpful...

as for me this is my current stable of rides...the stable

*BUSTED*

btw- what's the quarter mile on your lightning?

i ride an 2001 Yamaha R6. Stock standard 'cept the full titanium race exhaust.

Supposedly 0-100km/h (or 62mph for u fellows living in UK and US) in 3.2 sec, but i've yet to see it done. you either cook the clutch or lift the front wheel - both of which cost a lot if they go wrong :)

I've seen 254km/h on the speedo, thats 158mph in US/UK talk, dunno what corrected speed would be. NOt sure what the factory claims the top end to be either.

Originally posted by Burninrice716
I drive a 1991 Toyota Camry. You mit think its slow. But nope. When it was stock it had 202 H.p. V6 AWD. This babie now wips. It has a ram air intake, headers, Tubro made customly by Huhn Racecraft, and Tubro Exhaust. Its now pushing 378 H.p. I have Sport Ground Front kit. I was able to place a Civic side skrit to the sides. And took the bumper off of a 1996 Camry and customly fited it to look good on the rear. I have Black AMG Rims to go with the Red colored car. Custom paint job. The only problem I have riht now is I have no winter beater and its Buffalo. So I am driveing my parents cars. And I don't have 3,000 dollars lefted to swamp it to a 5 speed so its still a Auto. But I am getting there. And non of this would have happened if my uncle didn't have his own shop and if the school I go to was around cus yes I take Auto Body. I post pic when I get a **** web cam.

I don't know what to do, laugh, or cry...

anyway, 2000 Honda Prelude
1990 Honda CRX

(and in the previously owned category, 1991 Acura Integra RS, 1998 Acura Integra-R, 1992 Nissan NX2000, 1991 Acura Integra RS)

2002 M5 In silver
Twin turbo, Muffler, Intercooler
0-60=4.9secs beating da porsche Carrera by .1 sec
1756kg, v8, 170MPH=top

I find that funnier, though. BMW X5 SPORTS' dad's car.:rolleyes:

I wonder what type of turbos they are? Prolly stage 4s...:rolleyes::lol:

Originally posted by Burninrice716
I drive a 1991 Toyota Camry. You mit think its slow. But nope. When it was stock it had 202 H.p. V6 AWD. This babie now wips. It has a ram air intake, headers, Tubro made customly by Huhn Racecraft, and Tubro Exhaust. Its now pushing 378 H.p. I have Sport Ground Front kit. I was able to place a Civic side skrit to the sides. And took the bumper off of a 1996 Camry and customly fited it to look good on the rear. I have Black AMG Rims to go with the Red colored car. Custom paint job. The only problem I have riht now is I have no winter beater and its Buffalo. So I am driveing my parents cars. And I don't have 3,000 dollars lefted to swamp it to a 5 speed so its still a Auto. But I am getting there. And non of this would have happened if my uncle didn't have his own shop and if the school I go to was around cus yes I take Auto Body. I post pic when I get a **** web cam.

What a waste.

1986 Porsche 951, or to the layman, 944 turbo. Chipped, Performance exhaust, factory headers are standard.5 spd., lowered, Koni racing shocks, strut tower stabilizer, quick adjust camber mounts.Somewhwere in the area of 275 H.P. Very Quick!:crazy: :crazy: :cheers:

I currenty drive a 2003 Toyota Tundra! lol! iForce V-8 though!

Gotta love when you have to buy a house and haul lawn mowers and ****.

Favorite cars I've owned: (all bought new)

'91 Nissan SE-R
'94 Honda Accord EX
'97 Acura Integra Type-R
'01 Acura CL Type-S

Fun FUN FUNNNNN to drive...all of them.

Next...either an S2000, a 350Z, OR if I have an incredible year this year...an M3.

Those are the three on my wish list.

Actually, on topic, it's about time I post pictures of what I drive. I'll do it in a few days. Meanwhile, here's a wonderfully brilliant shot that I took. I find this to be one of the cooler shots I've taken with the new camera...

Attachments

• ml4303.jpg
    ml4303.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 91
But your name would suggest you're a bigger BMW fan?

Which do you prefer?

Come on...you can't like Mercedes AND BMW! lol

Atleast not if you're an F1 fan too. hee hee

McLaren/Mercedes for me. ;)

(But shhhh...the M3 and M5 rule!)

Originally posted by jdhnc13
But your name would suggest you're a bigger BMW fan?

Which do you prefer?

Come on...you can't like Mercedes AND BMW! lol

Atleast not if you're an F1 fan too. hee hee

McLaren/Mercedes for me. ;)

(But shhhh...the M3 and M5 rule!)

I bought the Mercedes because the BMW SUV was too expensive.

I still have not been given the Mercedes ownership experience I hear about so often; owning this thing has been a ghastly nightmare (why is the CD player in the rear?!). That said, I would buy another Mercedes (not another ML) -- our company is actually handing out base E-classes to those in the position directly above mine.

I like BMWs more, though, and yet strangely I also drive an Audi. :odd: Eh, I'll have a BMW before long.

1993 sentra se-r

for those of you not familiar with it....

sr20de
very similar in performance to a civic si but at a fraction of the price

15.8 1/4 mile stock

short shifter, pulleys, hotshot header, ES motor mounts

I drive my parents 2001 Honda Civic LX 4-door (I'm only 18 so I don't have my own car)

It's a nice car, only has 115hp and 110ft.lbs but the engine sounds nice when you rev it to 7,000rpm. I've gotten it up to 175km/h, could have done 180 but I didn't want to blow the engine because of the limiter. :D

Originally posted by slolx50
i don't think that there is such a motor. all mustang 302's were of the Windsor family. there was a 351 Cleveland that was used in the Mach 1's of the late 60's and early 70's,if you would like to see one check out the 1971 Mach 1 in my stable below, so if someone told you that you had a 302 cleveland they told you wrong. and there is no way to swap the 302 parts onto the 351C because it is a totally different engine design. if you could shed some light on this it would be helpful...

as for me this is my current stable of rides...the stable

Maybe it's not the original engine. People put 302's in Toyota Landcruisers here in Australia for that bit of added grunt.

Josh i dont understand wat u mean, are u trying to diss me or sumthing, cos i really dont get wat u said bout me

Josh i dont understand wat u mean, please make urself a bit clearer bout "prolly's etc" in one of ur last posts

Josh i dont understand wat u mean, please make urself a bit clearer bout "prolly's etc" in one of ur last posts

I currently have two trucks.

My first one is a 93 Chevy 1500 Silverado (5-speed, very rare). It has 217000 miles on it, so I have semi-retired it. (I happen to be driving it today)

Engine Mods on it include:
True dual Flowmaster Exhaust.
Headers
KN Performance intake
Upgraded Performance Chip

Some added "looks:"
Full truck running boards
Euro light Hyperwhite Headlights
Street Glow teal Neons
Chrome 5 star wheels (Cheap 15")
Upgraded tires 275-60-15 BF Goodwrench

Truck number 2:

A 02 Chevy Xtreme (4.3 V6 5-speed). It already has 23000 miles on it. I drive a far distance to work. Not even a year old yet. I have big plans for this truck. Starting with this years tax returns!

So far, I have only changed the Headlights and fog lights to the Eurolite Xennon blue/white blubs, and put white neons underneath.

With in the next couple months, the shopping list includes:
Tenzo Racing Wheels; Passion 5 (18" silver, or gunmetal)
New tires probably 245-40-18 don't know what brand yet.
New Guages. Blue Carbon fiber look.
Euro tail lights, Carbon fiber back ground.
Cat-back dual Exhaust (don't want to void the warrenty just yet)

Down the road plans:
Reprogram of the factory computer
New Peformance chip
KN air filter setup (including new air intake meter)
Headers, completing the dual exhaust.
A supercharger (GOD, I can't wait for this)

Ok, so there it is. Way to much information about my trucks. I will post pictures soon. Probably this weekend.

I currently drive a '93 AE101 with a 4A-FE powerplant! Yeah, boy...unleash all one-hundred horses...STAMPEDE! Three gears...gotta save weight in the auto-x! Can you say weight saving? No crummy wheel covers for me, no power anything, no extra amenities; less is more for my high-19-second quarter-mile times (and that's with the a/c on).

Top Speed = 75mph (scared to go any quicker without an alignment)
Miles per gallon = 30-32

* [You know I'm a bad-ass because I didn't say the word "Toyota Corolla" in my post.]

I drive 1 of only 500 RHD examples of the low-in-power but v. low-in-weight Peugeot 106 Rallye (series 2), as seen in GT2 but criminally left out of GT3.

Back