what do you drive in the real world?

Originally posted by frothy bowel
*BUSTED*

btw- what's the quarter mile on your lightning?

the lightning is slow, bone stock. it is used to pull the trailer for the cobra when i go to shows and the GT convertable when i got to open track events. the cobra ran a 10.2 in teh 1/4 when it was in drag car mode. then i got adicted to teh twisties....

Originally posted by Sludge Slide
Maybe it's not the original engine. People put 302's in Toyota Landcruisers here in Australia for that bit of added grunt.

this is true motor swaps are very common in numerous cars, but there is still no such thing as a 302 Cleveland. all 302's are in the Windsor family of engines.

Originally posted by slolx50
i don't think that there is such a motor. all mustang 302's were of the Windsor family. there was a 351 Cleveland that was used in the Mach 1's of the late 60's and early 70's,if you would like to see one check out the 1971 Mach 1 in my stable below, so if someone told you that you had a 302 cleveland they told you wrong. and there is no way to swap the 302 parts onto the 351C because it is a totally different engine design. if you could shed some light on this it would be helpful...

as for me this is my current stable of rides...the stable

sorry for the late reply...classes started. yeah, ur right about the model of the engine. that motor thats in that car is actually the 289 from a fastback, but its been bored out to a 302. i was thinkin cleveland cuz i was thinkin of my dads weekend car, which has the 351C from the Mach 1 mustang. his weekend car is a '31 ford sedan. sorry to sound like an @$$ with the mis-information, i wasn't thinkin str8 at the time. and yes, the bored out 302 really does put out 500 hp...dual holley carbs, ceramic racing headers and no muffler.

Originally posted by frothy bowel
*BUSTED*

btw- what's the quarter mile on your lightning?

:rolleyes:
not really busted...think i clarified the issue. i kinda have the feeling that someone is gonna try to flame me and asks for pics to prove it. well screw it, i could care less. i'll make sure i take some pics though..next time i go up to jersey. if i can dig up some old ones and scan them, i'll do that too

dont mean to post whore...just figure i'd answer a question before it got asked.

so how do you get nearly 500 hp out of an NA tuned (originally) 289 engine??? easy, after it was bored out to a 302, the old pistons were replaced with high compression pistons. I'm not sure what the ratio is, i think its around 11:1, but i'll have to double check. this work was done on the car before my dad decided to pass it on down the line

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
You have a nazi dog. :rolleyes:

Hey Chris, I'm selling the Mercedes! Evidently the reason the car wouldn't start a few days ago was because the heater hose had hardened and cracked due to the extremely cold weather we've got. Additionally, the mechanic who serviced the car last put in the wrong engine oil, which thickened with cold weather, disallowing stuff to happen.

Piece of crap Nazi car.

Originally posted by M5Power
Hey Chris, I'm selling the Mercedes! Evidently the reason the car wouldn't start a few days ago was because the heater hose had hardened and cracked due to the extremely cold weather we've got. Additionally, the mechanic who serviced the car last put in the wrong engine oil, which thickened with cold weather, disallowing stuff to happen.

Piece of crap Nazi car.

One nazi car down, another one to go!

Get a company S80 and buy an XC90. Nice combo.

A '91 aerostar
and my other car: 5oneoh

Attachments

• 5101.jpg
    5101.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 58
Originally posted by qjasonp
I drive a 240SX silvia

Sorry, but it's one or the other. Not both. If you didn't buy it in Japan, it ain't a Silvia. Here's my '98 240SX SE:

194060_16_full.jpg

194060_18_full.jpg

:lol: I'll pimp out these pics at any opportunity! More pics & info in my sig...

Originally posted by KikoSanchez
well....if you do the whole silvia conversion + right hand drive I would proud enough to call it a silvia :)

Nope, it would still be a 240 with Silvia & RHD conversion IMO. :mischievous:

Back