What do you think is the most difficult turn in the game?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 115 comments
She was the Queen of the Ring.

She sure was.
Did you notice in GT7 they've added the sign for her turn now?
I'm pretty sure it's new, as I don't remember seeing it in GTS.
They also added that AstroTurf strip on the right approaching Hohe Acht.

Last edited:
1647995591999.png

This in an MR.

I went so far off the first time I did Fuji. Good to know I’m not crazy and they changed that last sector. I knew everything was out of whack.

Still relatively inexperienced with GT courses so Mount Panorama’s uphill and downhill still cause me issues. Especially that stupid chicane.

I don’t get Autopolis.

I will literally never ever understand Monza I think. Not in the F1 games, not here either. I’m just not fast.

Spa I could do blindfolded, go figure.

That final turn at interlagos; I don't think I've ever got it exactly right. The same goes for the final turn at Fuji, no matter what I do I always feel like there should be a quicker line through there.

T3 at Barcelona. I either underestimate it and come in too fast, ending up in the clag or over estimate it and don't roll into the power soon enough and lose speed like crazy.

She sure was.
Did you notice in GT7 they've added the sign for her turn now?
I'm pretty sure it's new, as I don't remember seeing it in GTS.
They also added that AstroTurf strip on the right approaching Hohe Acht.
I haven't really noticed that until now because I'm extremely focused on the ring and have severe tunnel vision there.. My wife always says I then look so angry, as if I wanted to tear someone's head off.

I haven't really noticed that until now because I'm extremely focused on the ring and have severe tunnel vision there.. My wife always says I then look so angry, as if I wanted to tear someone's head off.

LOL! I feel you bro, repetitively trying to get that gold in the circuit experience full lap last week I almost threw my PS4 across the room, and nearly burnt myself out on the game.

What's worse is when you're on gold time or better, and then one small mistake near end of lap and having to start all over nearly ****ing breaks me! Especially as I only need .200 of a second for gold.
Was 2 hours of hell.
I've left it for now.....

So I'm not the only one! Sometimes after the race is over I have to peal my fingers off the steering wheel haha

LOL! I feel you bro, repetitively trying to get that gold in the circuit experience full lap last week I almost threw my PS4 across the room, and nearly burnt myself out on the game.

What's worse is when you're on gold time or better, and then one small mistake near end of lap and having to start all over nearly ****ing breaks me! Especially as I only need .200 of a second for gold.
Was 2 hours of hell.
I've left it for now.....

Haha yes exactly when I make a mistake on the gallows head again or worse in the Hohenrain, where I first get a power slide and the counter swing ends in a spin... then you really need a punch bag next to your right hand.

Whereby I can still live well with time hunting if I fly off through my own fault, which is hell for me if someone pushes me out of the ring.

Don't get me wrong.. I love and hate this track.. love it more than hate it, but when the curb shows you where the grass is for a moment... then you can really hate it.

The chicane at Alsace Village might be the toughest chicane to get perfect in the game. Normal or reverse its challenging.

Last edited:
If you're doing that, you're taking the corner wrong, if you turn in really late you can take without lifting the throttle and carry way more speed onto the straight, as Jackie Stewart once said, "Only put your foot on the throttle once your sure you don't have to take it off again!"
Do you have an indicator where this point is?

I'm sure it's gonna vary from car to car. My setup was all wrong with my Gr B focus. Once I dialed it in the turn became a lot easier. The final portion of the turn is the tightest so getting on the gas out of it is going to be fairly late for most cars.

If we can condense into 1 turn that section of the Nordschleife between the big paved hairpin and the final right hander onto the main straight, for whatever reason my brain just cannot latch onto anything in that section to memorize, no matter how many times I've been round it. I just end up approaching every turn as if it's the first time, too tentative, and it loses me a lot of seconds going through there.

The rest of the circuit I could give a good go of knowing off by heart, but that section just terrorizes me :lol:
Exactly how I feel about it, I’m glad I’m not the only one😬😀

I'm sure it's gonna vary from car to car. My setup was all wrong with my Gr B focus. Once I dialed it in the turn became a lot easier. The final portion of the turn is the tightest so getting on the gas out of it is going to be fairly late for most cars.
Ah ok, yeah It is really late into the corner, but finding is most always a mix of feeling it and just guessing😅 I can’t orientate on this point because it’s just desert there

I generally try to keep the power on and stick to the left hand side of the track to just before (9) on the linked pic, I try to to stay off the throttle until midway between the (9) and a point above the N of inspection, cut into to the apex and then let the car run out to a point just above the N of inspection.

I went so far off the first time I did Fuji. Good to know I’m not crazy and they changed that last sector. I knew everything was out of whack.

Still relatively inexperienced with GT courses so Mount Panorama’s uphill and downhill still cause me issues. Especially that stupid chicane.

I don’t get Autopolis.

I will literally never ever understand Monza I think. Not in the F1 games, not here either. I’m just not fast.

Spa I could do blindfolded, go figure.
Mount Panorama has changed from GT Sport, hasn't it?

The middle part, where it goes barreling downhill into a series of tight left and right corners with the walls on either side has been altered.

It's longer, like they added an extra couple of corners, and the one that gets you onto the long back straight feels different too, like try tightened it up significantly.

Last edited:
Mount Panorama has changed from GT Sport, hasn't it?

The middle part, where it goes barreling downhill into a series of tight left and right corners with the walls on either side has been altered.

It's longer, like they added an extra couple of corners, and the one that gets you onto the long back straight feels different too, like try tightened it up significantly.
They didn't add any corners... Not sure they changed it at all. It's a real track, bruv.

That sharp hairpin on Deep Forest. The one after the long straight where you're forced to come to a crawl. Who thought that was a good idea?

I agree the hairpin at deep forest is really tricky and can really punish your lap along with the next one.

Last edited:
The long right hander through the Porsches Curves (some people call it "Maison blanche"). To get the perfect line you need surgical precision and throttle control.
You came from a very fast left hander where the track seems slightly off camber. You need to stay inside the line because the next corner is a very tricky off camber left hander (Corvette corner). If you go a little bit too fast, you loose grip so easily. It was even worse in GT5/GT6, very low grip.

Either Spoon at Suzuka or the tightening right-hand hairpin before a long fast section at the Nordschleife. Don't think I've ever really nailed either one.

Struggling with Dragon Trail Gardens this week. A newish track for me, haven't been able to get under 1:40 yet, but I'm pretty sure a 1:39 is in me. Don't like how vital a good exit is on that first chicane, and I struggle with getting the best line through both the last set of corners (those that form one big corner essentially) and the last hairpin.

Back