What do you think is the most difficult turn in the game?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 115 comments
I just found my least favorite corner - Dragon Trail Gardens, the last 90 degree chicane, never know when to brake, don't know the optimal line to take through the corners. What an infuriating corner on what is a decent track on its own.

Last edited:
I'm outing myself now... Raidillon de l'Eau Rouge in Spa. I am really full of adrenaline each time I have to find my way through, especially in a race with other drivers around you and not knowing who brakes when and how...

Struggling with Dragon Trail Gardens this week. A newish track for me, haven't been able to get under 1:40 yet, but I'm pretty sure a 1:39 is in me. Don't like how vital a good exit is on that first chicane, and I struggle with getting the best line through both the last set of corners (those that form one big corner essentially) and the last hairpin.
Now might not be the best time to tell you this but there are actually TWO dragon trails and they are both very challenging tracks both forwards and in reverse. 😀

For me it has to be the final turn at Willow Springs. The Gr. B race there is the last one I have left to beat and with my current setup I have to accelerate into it, pull off, accelerate, pull off, accelerate, brake and lightly accelerate out of it. The damn thing goes on forever and I guess because of how dusty the track is it seems like it has the least grip of any dry track in the game. 🤨
So I haven't tried any road races in Gr.B cars but my very extensive testing found that the heavier rally cars tend to go sideways less (which makes sense I guess). So my advice would be to try the Mustang. By what I found on dirt tracks, seems like that's the car that slides less. Also I don't know if this is rooted in anything, but I feel like the Genesis is the best at sort of "pulling" the car with it's front wheels. It just feels like it generates more torque with the front wheels than other rally cars. But I haven't tested this on pavement, just on dirt. So take this with a grain of salt.

I'm sure there are actually more difficult corners in the game but for some reason, even after 25 years of playing GT, I still cannot figure out the last corner of Laguna Seca. It torments me to this day.

These are the hardest turns for me to master, especially Fuji in the rain.
20220329_184732.jpg
20220329_184641.jpg

I still cannot figure out the last corner of Laguna Seca. It torments me to this day.
This one?

20220329_185258.jpg
I find braking early like at the halfway point between 10 and 11 and going out in out at that corner.

Very good thread! The Spoon curve at Suzuka is giving me a hard time, everytime. Theres a bunch of others but this particular one popped in my mind first

Now might not be the best time to tell you this but there are actually TWO dragon trails and they are both very challenging tracks both forwards and in reverse. 😀
I know Seaside quite well, but had never really done Gardens much. Don't remind me about reverse tracks - it's like learning the circuit all over again!

This one?

View attachment 1130972
I find braking early like at the halfway point between 10 and 11 and going out in out at that corner.
Yup, that one. My issue is I can do it ok in time trial after a couple of tries but then devolve into a complete mess with it in races. It just feels like the line there is just so tight that there is no option to actually "race" through it. When you need to maximize having to pass 18 opponents to claw your way to the front car, you feel like you need to push it on every corner and it just doesn't seem like there is a way to "push it" in actual races. Especially when these races feel kind of scripted for you to make the final overtake on the last turn or two.

I know Seaside quite well, but had never really done Gardens much. Don't remind me about reverse tracks - it's like learning the circuit all over again!
They're very different tracks but two of the best in the game IMO. I never get sick of either.

The Porsche curves at Le Mans are a bit difficult to nail in succession, particularly with a Gr.1 machine…

Last edited:
This.
20220331_131323.jpg

No idea why, but i can rarely do any faster than 65km/h through these two 90-degree corners. The gear indicator says 2, but i'm almost always in 1st gear just to stay on the tarmac.

The WTC700 championship is my main credit grind but this kills me for all 5 laps 😖

Also every corner on Sarthe save for the two chicanes onthe main straight..

Nordschleife on the other hand, almost consistent clean races.

Dunlop corner on Tsukuba. Try to take at speed to make up for the first hairpin and understeer into the grass. Take it slow and inside and get your car destabilized trying to claw back speed.
A nightmare in cars prone to understeer

Oh yea, i forgot.. the last sharp left - 90 degree right at the end of trial mountain.. i swear in earlier games it was less extreme and awkward, more like a proper chicane.. been a while so i might not be remembering it accurately 🙃

"In GT7 it has no flow to it", but I had plenty of fun with big willow in GT6 it's a very simple track and is most enjoyable with the slowest of cars over an endurance race with full tyre wear.

Last edited:
Turns 11 and 12 at Mount Panorama. It's the right-left kink as you start to descend from the the top of the mountain, just after the gantry over the track. The track drops away steeply so you're braking and turning in blind. The car goes light as you go over the crest, and then you have to immediately change direction again and get on the brakes for the following slow right hander.

The car gets so unstable with the combination of the drop, braking and turning, all at the same time. It's so easy to lose it.

Kudos to Tidgney for his tip in a lap guide for gr.3 one week - if you keep a bit of throttle on as you brake it stabilises the car because it effectively moves the brake balance forwards. Getting the hang of that was a game changer for me.

Turns 11 and 12 at Mount Panorama. It's the right-left kink as you start to descend from the the top of the mountain, just after the gantry over the track. The track drops away steeply so you're braking and turning in blind. The car goes light as you go over the crest, and then you have to immediately change direction again and get on the brakes for the following slow right hander.

The car gets so unstable with the combination of the drop, braking and turning, all at the same time. It's so easy to lose it.

Kudos to Tidgney for his tip in a lap guide for gr.3 one week - if you keep a bit of throttle on as you brake it stabilises the car because it effectively moves the brake balance forwards. Getting the hang of that was a game changer for me.
Yes, I've been using something like that for a few days in some races/vehicles. The M6 on the Nordschleife e.g. this also makes it much more stable. Better even if you drive MT, I suspect it's coming from the differential as it then locks the wheels better preventing the outer wheel from spinning so much faster and the inner lighter wheel from being decelerated too much by the brakes.

This "trick" also works very well when you have to brake from very high speed and the car tends to become unstable.

The car goes light as you go over the crest, and then you have to immediately change direction again and get on the brakes for the following slow right hander.
I love that feeling 😁 that part of Mt. Panorama winding up through the hill and down again is such a rush 🤩

Like the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, it's just so satisfying when it's done right 😋

I think a distinction needs to be made between a corner that will punish (spin/crash) you for getting it wrong, and one that is easy drive through but hard to get the maximum time out of.

Suzuka's last chicane and Fuji's last sector have always been extremely difficult for me. Suzuka is especially annoying because up to 130R I'm really good at that track, and then lose whatever time I need to do in the last chicane. Fuji's just wide open blind corners in the end. I often forget where to look and end up looking at the sky in some corners. I can't explain why.

Also I never quite memorized all the corners at the Nordschleiffe. When I remember which corner is the next one, I can take it well, I just forget which one's next.

edit

With Suzuka's last chicane I know exactly what I need to do for the best time. I just can't for the life of pick the right braking point and actually go through smoothly.

Last edited:
Back