What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,117 comments
Just finished downloading Driver (PS1) on my laptop, will play it using an emulator. This game was soo much fun when it came out, the storyline and missions were ahead of its time. I remember the driving test in the parking lot and I didn’t know what slalom meant as a kid. Pure nostalgia.

IMG_3862.jpeg

Just finished downloading Driver (PS1) on my laptop, will play it using an emulator. This game was soo much fun when it came out, the storyline and missions were ahead of its time. I remember the driving test in the parking lot and I didn’t know what slalom meant as a kid. Pure nostalgia.

View attachment 1372565
I remember Lewis Hamilton recently playing that and failing a few months ago. I was meaning to give it a go to see how much I struggle at it but forgot. I only had the PC demo back in the day from probably a game magazine and I remember that being fun. I used to play a game called Jet Slalom online so I knew meaning of that word but I didn't know what slipstream meant many years later on a GT4 mission challenge. It took me a while to understand, then I was amazed by the magic speed. However, at probably a similar age when I got Gran Turismo 1 (Platinum), I remember being impressed by the intro graphics, but then kind of disappointed by the gameplay graphics in comparison (Later on, I used to think it looked just like real life). I thought because I had the disc that does not have artwork, I got cut-down graphics version of game and was thinking of renting original version of game from the library but then the more I thought of it, the stupid I thought the reasoning was as I remembered demo being similar in visuals.

If you want to play on a bigger screen directly and have a TV with Android or Google TV, it should be possible to play it on there with an emulator if you sync PS4 / PS5 controller to it. It should also be possible on Apple TV now that they have opened up emulators on their store. I remember the following video was trending when they did that, couldn't believe Steve Jobs was endorsing an emulator I used to use in like a hush-hush way which Sony ended up buying and ending (Incredible at the time being able to play still a current console on PC and luxury of virtual memory cards and no need to provide BIOS copy!).

Anyway, they don't make games like they used to! Trying some modern games like latest version of NFS or GRID, they feel so much worse to drive and less fun than their older versions. A lot of modern games, seems like the game is playing you, rather than you playing the game with some of the money making schemes game publishers / developers come up with.

I played Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition again. I played this recently just to clear all of the accomplishments. I had to look for the three balls hidden away in three different levels, the Mystical Head, I'm Free, and find the way to two different Secret Exits. I have now cleared all of the Achievements to this game.

Dabbling in a bit of Football Manager on console just as something to play while catching up on podcasts. Also downloaded NHL 24 as it's on PS+. Not hugely into Hockey but I had a good time with NHL 21, the franchise mode was really solid.

View attachment 1372565
The most infamous tutorial mission in gaming history 🤣

I downloaded Toy Story 3 for my ps4. I love that Disney series, I was a huge fan of it ever since I was 6 years old.

I ordered Battle Gear 3 approx. 2-3 weeks ago from Japan and finally got to play it yesterday for a few hours.
Definitely not what I imagined the physics would feel like judging by the countless videos I've seen on YouTube.
The game is certainly far more suitable for the arcades than on a home console.

Either way, it's a great addition to my small collection of Japanese racing games (including the localized ones) 😊

Forza Motorsport
Starfield
Sea Of Thieves

I've defected to Team Green :P

I played starfield and forza. Starfield, even though its a bit of a buggy mess, I actually liked it.
Now forza...I utterly dispise it. Most dissapointing game of 2023 for me.

Forza Motorsport
Starfield
Sea Of Thieves

I've defected to Team Green :P
I'm playing just FM23 and little Senua, but having a plan to play Gears 5, Starfield, Persona 3 R and Diablo IV...

On PS5, should start with Elden Ring after finishing Spiderman Remastered - not all DLC s bcs it started to be boring.

20 hours into Hogwarts Legacy (PC) and I have yet to reach the half of the main story. I also downloaded the first expansion to Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, but right now I'm trying to tackle the biggest and toughest RDA base before going into the expansion proper.

Finally got around to jumping back into Alan Wake 2 for the DLC expansion "Night Springs". Man, such a weird game, I love it still think it's the best game I've played in the last year.

I'm back on R4 and it's like I'm cursed or something, I must've done three or four entire GPs that have either unlocked the wrong cars, or I've lost progress to a crash, or I've just done dumb stuff throughout like quicksaving while on a line that will inevitably make me crash at the last corner and made me lose so I have to restart the race, that kind of thing. I'm at about 250/320 cars now, I have 7 out of 20 with all five remaining team/builder combinations I've got left to finish, so I think that's 25 more GPs to do, 200 races, 625 laps.

I played starfield and forza. Starfield, even though its a bit of a buggy mess, I actually liked it.
I really like Forza Motorsport, coming from GT7 chase the rabbit dodge the mobile chicanes.

Starfield, on the other hand, bored me and I stopped playing it at about 9 or 10 hours.

Early days but I quite like Forza so far. Obviously not perfect but there are some really good bits.

Like a few people here, redownloaded NMS and currently enjoying the Grind / Exploration.

Finally got myself a Paradise Planet as a Home Base with plenty of resources and hardly any sentinel action.

It’s wild seeing some of the user ships at the Anomaly. Some of them just looks fantastic.

I haven’t settled on a ship type yet, maybe an explorer class?

Like a few people here, redownloaded NMS and currently enjoying the Grind / Exploration.

Finally got myself a Paradise Planet as a Home Base with plenty of resources and hardly any sentinel action.

It’s wild seeing some of the user ships at the Anomaly. Some of them just looks fantastic.

I haven’t settled on a ship type yet, maybe an explorer class?
NMS is very easy to earn money without cheating. I'm sending you a message how it works. You can even buy planes worth 100 million.

Still playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection, just finished Halo 3.

Halo 1: I can see why this was such a big deal when it first released, the later levels are very repetitive and all look the same though which made me want the game to end sooner than i thought i would want to.

Halo 2: More of the same but much better less level design with a lot less reused assets, wasn't the biggest fan of the other playable character however.

Halo 3: This is obviously a lot newer than than the other titles and it shows. Level design is bigger but also better. Great pacing, great story and amazing vehicle and set pieces sequences. Bringing down the scarabs were a particular highlight.

Now onto Halo 3 ODST and to continue my first ever playthrough of the Halo series, having a good time so far.

Previously, I beat Disruptor on Regular difficulty. Tonight, I beat it on Hard difficulty. And yes- it was fairly hard. So many more enemies coming at you. I had to think about how to actually take down the enemies while conserving ammunition, Psionic energy, and of course, health. "Disruptor" was a game I liked since first playing it on a PlayStation demo disc. Many other first-person shooters on PS1 are better than Disruptor, but this game is really one of few PS1 first-person shooters I recall playing. Let's just say a weapon I didn't think would kill the final boss out of desperation ended up working beautifully. Me accomplished! :)

Last edited:
Back