What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,121 comments
I really like Forza Motorsport, coming from GT7 chase the rabbit dodge the mobile chicanes.

Starfield, on the other hand, bored me and I stopped playing it at about 9 or 10 hours.
I only played Forza three times in my life and didn't like it. I am a GT and NFS fan. NASCAR sucks too, the drivers are cool but the gameplay is bad IMO.

There's a free 5h trial for avatar frontiers of pandora going on until 28th of july, i just tried the 1st hour, on ps5.
Presentation at 1st cutscene was pretty good quality really, then was a boring 30 mins walking thru empty hallways, before getting in the open world.
Looks pretty cool, with flora having effects on you, weird fauna etc.
The quality mode is abysmal as is often the case, and performance is still having issues with slowdowns, etc.
Looks good, not amazing i guess.

Hope ill have time to try out the flying see how it feels and runs, and combat, stealth more.
Reminds me a little of far cry primal, which i found cool.
Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to try it out, pretty hefty game though, like 89g i think on ps5.

Edit: I'm a couple hours more into the trial, and about to lose patience, pff i dont know, so slow to get going, and formulaic.

And im stuck trying to get up a cliff to reach the friends who found a big flower..

And it's kinda dark and can't see that well, it doesn't look that good in darker hours, except for cool phosphorescent looking flora.
Got an hour left of the trial maybe, don't think ill be able to try out more action, stealth, combat, and ways of transport with fauna.

Last edited:
I played Sleeping Dogs some more. I haven't it in about a month. I am really enjoying this game. the bus mission was fun. I love the way the city feels and how the npcs interact with you. I really hate they didn't make a sequel to this game. I also played Like a Dragon 2 some more also a fun game. I hate they changed the game in 7 as I love the fighting in the Like Dragon series

I played the Spongebob Rehydrated game and Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy for the ps4. They are fun and cool to play every once in a while.

Still a bit of Sea Of Thieves, though not doing much thievery or piracy in general. For me it’s turned into a sailing and commerce simulation. Whilst everyone else is fighting over treasure and a big fiery man-of-war I’m just cruising between outposts delivering goods. It’s like an 18th century version of Truck Simulator, with added megs and kraken.

Also working my way through Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, Forza Motorsport, Starfield and some GT7. Hard to find time for all of them.

I'm gonna try one of the Spider-man games that are on the ps4. I'm gonna save up for my birthday or Christmas gift. Hopefully the store will have a sale for half off for some ps4 games.

After what seemed like an absolute eternity,

17220838918617033602885039001358.jpg

So I think I can stop playing now. For those who haven't had the pleasure to play Ridge Racer Type 4, to achieve this you have to run the 8-race Grand Prix mode a minimum of 7*4*4 = 112 times and then you have to beat the four extra trials with each team for an additional 16 races. I timed myself and at the end I was doing a full GP in 35 minutes and a "short" GP in about 25 so I should've been doing 1/16th of the game in 3.5 hours, so in theory this probably took a little over 60 hours (accounting for the many mistakes, lost progress, etc.) but it felt a LOT longer, probably because of the repetition. I mean, in a manner of speaking, you could say this took me 25 years.

Still, I don't think I've ever learned a set of cars or circuits as well as I know these now. Shame they're all fictional and it's entirely useless knowledge, though.

Playing some god of war 2018, on the last before highest difficulty, I'm a little after getting the boat, not so far into it i guess.
And just did the dwarf mines favor for that blue dwarf, was good fun.

Having lot of fun with combat, looks great, some fun little quips, etc.
Level design looks cool, but isn't too interesting levels gameplay wise though. Break that barrier, or scale up that little edge, to get some credits.
Seems old design from 2 gens ago for this.

The dialogues and story lore could be more interesting too.
I read also that Barlog, the designer of gow had a little kid and that's why he added the boy..
Its ok but, id prefer have old style gow style, and i liked the far up pov, was more cinematic, and gave you a good view of the enemies around you.

But it is more in your face, punchy i guess that way.😁

But im giggling with fun from the action still, interesting and challenging enough, with solid impactful feel.
Maybe i haven't all it has to offer of course too, being still early in, but puzzles are a little simplistic and repetitive for now too.

I also have the sequel, got it with my ps5 bundle, keeping it wrapped until im done with 2018 game.
Maybe they improved level design in that.

Last edited:

View attachment 1375995

So I think I can stop playing now. For those who haven't had the pleasure to play Ridge Racer Type 4, to achieve this you have to run the 8-race Grand Prix mode a minimum of 7*4*4 = 112 times and then you have to beat the four extra trials with each team for an additional 16 races. I timed myself and at the end I was doing a full GP in 35 minutes and a "short" GP in about 25 so I should've been doing 1/16th of the game in 3.5 hours, so in theory this probably took a little over 60 hours (accounting for the many mistakes, lost progress, etc.) but it felt a LOT longer, probably because of the repetition. I mean, in a manner of speaking, you could say this took me 25 years.

Still, I don't think I've ever learned a set of cars or circuits as well as I know these now. Shame they're all fictional and it's entirely useless knowledge, though.
Man, that’s quite the commitment. This game is one of the all-time greats.

Man, that’s quite the commitment. This game is one of the all-time greats.
I'm not much of a completionist but every now and then a game grabs my attention enough to compel me to do everything in it, I've probably played R4 on average every five years since it launched but never had the patience to finish it (and playing it so infrequently meant my saves would be marooned on the last console I tried to play it on). This time my save was started on my Vita in 2016, I just happened to copy it to my PC to test the data transfer software that I never used again, then my Vita died, was resurrected and modded (which meant formatting the card) and then by another stroke of luck I found the flash drive with that save on and copied it back onto the Vita in 2021, played a bunch in lockdown, copied it onto another PC in preparation for getting my Steam Deck in early 2022 and then finally picked it back up this year to finish the remaining 75% of it.

I mean, it's the textbook definition of a grind but with a legacy like that I felt like I had to finally finish it, and I'm glad I did, a very minor 25-year life goal ticked off the bucket list...

I started the demo of Rise of the Ronin and I have enjoyed it so far. It is taking me a little bit to get used to the counterspark mechanic it is fun to me. Up next I got the demo for Stellar Blade awhile back but finally downloaded last week and I plan on trying that out soon.

Just started this:

Pretty cool detective game, with great noir/cyberpunk atmosphere.
View attachment 1376628
I really like the look of this, I really like the Cyberpunk World and atmosphere, I'm playing through Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty at the moment. I love going on the wiki and reading about the lore. I know this game isn't in the same Mike Pondsmith universe bit I saw the trailer and it looked very appealing.

Other than Cyberpunk 2077, EA WRC 23, Fallout London (bought Fallout 4 again on GOG because the install on Steam is atrociously complicated) I started a modded The Witcher 3 Playthrough. 100's more I want to start but don't have the time :lol:

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to play the demo of Stellar Blade I grabbed when they it available a few months back. I must say I enjoyed what I have played. I will probably end up buying this once it goes on sale

View attachment 1375995

I came close on playing on release but didn’t manage it (thing I was missing about 10 cars or maybe a few more) the RR series of games is wonderful and it’s a shame we don’t have one on PS5.

Well, I rallied and managed to finish Immortals of Aveum (EA Play on PC) after some 22 hours. I think it's a solid and fun 7.0/10 game, with strong audio and visual presentation, and very enjoyable gameplay (first person wizard), but the world/lore/story all feel underdeveloped. Best not to think too much about it.

There is an epilogue after the main story, but I will rather focus on Hogwart's Legacy.

Last edited:
Just finished playing through the Case of Golden Idol from Gamepass. It's great when it's all clicking together, and highly recommended if you're into making deductions and feeling smart in process, but I don't know if I found it as engaging as Return of the Obra Dinn or Chants of Sennaar in the end. There were two additional DLC chapters available to purchase, but I ended up not going for it. Maybe I'll try it when it's on sale for PC.

Other than that, I've been playing Dead Rising which had been in my Xbox Gold library for ages, and I've also started Pikmin 4 after a lot of time spent doing Pikmin Bloom on my phone. Time management has definitely been a running theme as of late. Pikmin 4 is just delightful, and I'm also having a lot of fun with Dead Rising despite its combat being the jank incarnate. I guess it does add to the overall tenseness of the game, though.

Finally, Flatout Ultimate Carnage Collector's Edition. I loved playing it back then, and discounting some very badly aged confederate flags here and there (2007 was a very different time indeed), it's still a blast.

I just downloaded some pinball games on my ps4 this morning. I used to have hours of fun on the computer playing pinball back in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Finished all the Halo games in the Master Chief Collection. Halo 3 was the peak for me, the last game in the collection Halo 4 had its moments but I can see why people say it's not the same after Bungie left. Glad to have finally played Halo after all these years.

No clue what to play now, I feel like i should show my PS5 some love as haven't played it in months, The Witcher 3 is very cheap and I've never played it so might see what all the fuss is about.

Just got mafia 1 definitive ed for ps4/5, what a super nice game, even if old in design.

The added old motorbikes are fun as hell, with the camera in 3rd person cool too, once you get used to it a little.
Has great sound too for bikes.
Reminds me of Steve McQueen in the old movie the great escape hehe.

Went in the freeride mode, got a 1st collectible car challenge note on a pool table.

The car is a hotrod, and wow, does it need to be carefully handled haha, especially you have to deliver it with no scratch, and in time.
Playing in simulation mode of course, more interesting fun.

You can also go in the carcyclopedia, and do test drive on the race track, with a time challenge, with gates to pass thru.
Was on sale for 10 bucks, pretty cool.

Thinking to get 2 as well, although that remaster isn't as good, and i like less the game i think, from memory, having played it in x360 back then.

But it has cool music of the 50s era, and cars, physics etc. Its 10 bucks too, we'll see.

Last edited:
Just got mafia 1 definitive ed for ps4/5, what a super nice game, even if old in design.

The added old motorbikes are fun as hell, with the camera in 3rd person cool too, once you get used to it a little.
Has great sound too for bikes.
Reminds me of Steve McQueen in the old movie the great escape hehe.

Went in the freeride mode, got a 1st collectible car challenge note on a pool table.

The car is a hotrod, and wow, does it need to be carefully handled haha, especially you have to deliver it with no scratch, and in time.
Playing in simulation mode of course, more interesting fun.

You can also go in the carcyclopedia, and do test drive on the race track, with a time challenge, with gates to pass thru.
Was on sale for 10 bucks, pretty cool.

Thinking to get 2 as well, although that remaster isn't as good, and i like less the game i think, from memory, having played it in x360 back then.

But it has cool music of the 50s era, and cars, physics etc. Its 10 bucks too, we'll see.
I got the whole trilogy for £8 via the 'just for you' section of the weekly deals. I need to make a start! But picked back up on Dishonoured and Sniper Elite 4 atm.

I'm up to the race mission now in mafia 1 def ed., on sim mode and just below hardest difficulty, what a gem.
It really feels like a race, and having to race well like in a sim to do better.
For an action game, it's pretty damn impressive to me, especially a 2002 game.
The feel of speed is pretty good, they do the trick of fov of course changing with your speed.
You can switch to hood view too.
Just the fps isn't that great, and resolution too.
Oh well, but it looks pretty nice, the cars, buildings especially.

Im up to finishing 3rd for now, will pick it up later on, even the commentator makes good comments here and there, although you can see a lot is scripted.

Wish you could do races afterwards in freeride mode with any vehicle.

Would have been cool if they did a race mission in mafia2 like this too.

Maybe in mafia4 they'll redo a 1950s game with races.
Edit: i guess they'll probably do a 70s/80s mafia4 if the trend continues, that be cool too.

Last edited:
Some grabs from mafia1 def ed. on ps4/5:
Just low res though, i should have attached with hi res option..
Edit: trying to change to higher original res but i don't see any option on attach for higher res, weird, i thought you could choose before..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240804_120555_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120555_PS App.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240804_120547_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120547_PS App.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240804_120540_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120540_PS App.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240804_120526_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120526_PS App.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240804_120517_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120517_PS App.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240804_120506_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120506_PS App.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240804_120459_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120459_PS App.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240804_120446_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120446_PS App.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240804_120451_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240804_120451_PS App.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
With the announcement of Wreckfest 2 I fired up WF1 on the PS5 for the first time tonight and upgraded the game. Well worth it for the performance boost alone. It really transforms the game as it was meant to be played on the console.

Even if Bugbear did an excellent job, it shows how much the game was hindered by last-gen consoles.

Starting from scratch on my secondary account should give me another 100 or so hours of game time 😁

I was playing Driveclub today, just did two races today. I just uploaded my gameplay of the Vhul 05 today. I'm not the best driver on Driveclub but the handling is a lot different than Gran Turismo 7. I enjoy racing games with licensed cars; it helps me with knowledge about the car industry and how these cars handle.

Video is right here for viewing:

8/5/2024 Update
I uploaded another video, here's the link to that video:

This video was recorded on the same exact day

Last edited:
Just finished Severed Steel, I thought it was great but that could just be because it was less than £4. Very short (but consistently good, filler-free) campaign mode but with lots of replay value in NG+, four difficulty modes, a roguelite mode and a challenge mode which comes with its own unlocks.

The game itself is almost a collage of a ton of different games but it all comes together in a surprisingly tight way - Max Payne's slow motion and diving, Titanfall's wall running and sliding, Red Faction's destructible environments, Superhot's lack of an inventory that has you lob your gun when it's empty and lack of an aim down sight button (because you've only got one hand), a big grenade launcher on your left arm which would I guess be like Metroid (never played it) and, um, double jumping like every platform game ever. Not sure if it's entirely original but you can also steal an enemy's sidearm if you bump into them which is a nice touch.

• Nintendo World Championships NES Edition
This is a collection of NES/Famicom games remixed into a bunch of short sections with an emphasis on speedrunning. I didn’t grow up on the NES, but the primitive nature of the games make them easy to grasp and be ‘good’ at. As someone who watches speedrunning often on Twitch, I can safely say this game replicates the speedrunning experience: the constant urge to shave milliseconds from the slightest tasks; the pressure that mounts at tough moments of a run; lots of resets after things go wrong; the relief that comes when the stars finally align.

It’s also very humbling to find out that beating the original Super Mario Bros. in just over seven minutes, a respectable A+ rating to the game, isn’t even enough to be in the top 50% of players.

• Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005
I’m grateful I upgraded to the 360 version from the PS2 for $40 a couple months ago before prices climbed, which I can understand knowing this game’s cult status that grows with every new NFS release (PC and 360 copies often get listed for more than a new AAA game nowadays, and PS2/Xbox/GC have been rising too).

Playing it here more than I did on the PS2, I can understand why it’s so beloved. The racing is let down by egregious rubberbanding, but the police is always thrilling, challenging and satisfying to get away from no matter the heat level. My otherwise stock-looking Fiat Punto has terrorized the blacklist up to JV currently, and I’ve only gotten busted at heat level 5 once so far. It’s not my favorite NFS game, but there’s plenty to appreciate here.

Back