What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,158 comments
Space Marine 2 - this is a 10/10 for me, maybe a bit short on the campain side, but perfectly executed quality. Also the PVP is super fun.
I am yet to try the PVP, but I am still having an absolute blast with this. Just finished a second campaign runthrough finding the collectibles that I missed on my first run.

Think I'll start doing the co-op missions on increasing difficulty next and then maybe I'll give the PVP a try. I think the character level from Operations carries across to the PVP, so hopefully I'll have half a chance against other players!

so hopefully I'll have half a chance against other players!
PVP doesnt use the character and weapon levels so you are not any weaker than the other players, you just unlock different weapons at certian points to adjust your selection towards your playstale (or map).

Also what many dont seem to remember is to parry in PVP.

PVP doesnt use the character and weapon levels so you are not any weaker than the other players, you just unlock different weapons at certian points to adjust your selection towards your playstale (or map).

Also what many dont seem to remember is to parry in PVP.
Ah, thanks for that: I presumed the progress was carried over. That sounds better for balanced games? Was hoping I could get one game with an advantage though so I have a chance of getting the five sequential kill trophy! :lol:

Currently playing GTA3, this game was a game changer for me in its day and going back to it makes all the memories come back.

The missions and shooting mechanics have certainly aged but driving around liberty city listening to msx fm still doesn't not get old.

Test Drive Unlimited 2

After the disaster that was Solar Crown for me, I decided I wanted to go back and play this one again. I used to have it on the PS3, but since mine is pretty much just a brick now, I had to get the game for PC.

It's apparently considered to be abandonware now that support for the game no longer exists and the servers have shut down. However, there are fan run servers to make it possible to play TDU2 online again, though I do not like how there are 2 or 3 different fan servers, this fragments an already low population of players.

I honestly can't help but feel sad or melancholic while playing through TDU2 again. Even though I've been playing with mods and a car pack, it just doesn't fill the void of remembering how TDU2 was at its peak. The players in the fan servers are usually so distant apart and they generally never have multiplayer races or co-op challenges going on.

I kinda also got the realisation that even if TDU2 were to get a massive car pack like TDU Platinum, it would still be not as good as TDU, mostly because the NPCs in the races are not randomized like in TDU, meaning there is far less variance in the grid and the cars I would be seeing being used. Plus, TDU2 has a few car classes that have no race events for them, and mods keep adding cars to those classes that are never used. I'm not a fan of this because I like Ibiza more than Oahu, I would prefer if TDU2 could surpass TDU, but I guess it can't.

Back