What have you done to your car today?

Took some storm damage.

336305_482296925129302_1617183088_o.jpg

468889_482297278462600_1488105071_o.jpg

243707_482297591795902_2009320178_o.jpg

That limb apparently broke on the MR2 and bounced into the Civic. :grumpy:

289954_482370235121971_300763049_o.jpg

And I have some dings from hail on both of them. Ugh.

After owning the my car for about a year, I finally performed what's known as the jack test. And good news, my car's viscous coupling is good and my AWD is fully functional.

After owning the my car for about a year, I finally performed what's known as the jack test. And good news, my car's viscous coupling is good and my AWD is fully functional.

Had to look that up....

That looks a bit unnerving...

And Eric, that sucks big time. I've only had that happen once but instead it was a basketball hoop that toppled over and nailed my parent's old Neon that I was driving. 👎

OOOO Do tell more!

The Mazda Millenia engine was a good engine! Great choice 👍

By all accounts it doesn't fit in this application:

this_engine_doesnt_fit.jpg

However, we noticed on the way in that there are little design quirks - brackets and so forth - that fit so precisely around the extra pulleys (supercharger, vacuum generator) in a way that it appears it was designed to fit.

We're not finished - not by a long way - but 70% of the big hurdles have gone with just this test fit.

Took some storm damage.

That limb apparently broke on the MR2 and bounced into the Civic. :grumpy:

And I have some dings from hail on both of them. Ugh.

Man, that sucks! Just last week, a buddy of mine came home from his vacation only find his large maple tree laying on top of his new ski boat and their Mazda Speed6. Their home and auto did not cover the damage, they are just out of luck. :(

However, we noticed on the way in that there are little design quirks - brackets and so forth - that fit so precisely around the extra pulleys (supercharger, vacuum generator) in a way that it appears it was designed to fit.

We're not finished - not by a long way - but 70% of the big hurdles have gone with just this test fit.

Looks like you have a few things left to hook up on this one.... :)

So what's next?

On my front, I just took delivery of my Cobb downpipe and my Magnaflow Catback exhaust. Magnaflow knows how to package their stuff!!! Huge box, but they filled it with spray foam to get it here safely!

Like a noob I didn't order gaskets at the time, so one more week for those to get here, then they go on.

Hurry up and wait! :)

this_engine_doesnt_fit.jpg

Looking good Famine. Hope it works out!

Rain X'd my windows in prep for the monsoons here. Cleaned up the interior and exterior for a scooby meet tonight.

So, I get a car stereo for my birthday, Woo hoo!

My father (Not usually the type to work on cars) decides to go about putting it in. It goes without a hitch.

Awhile back I noticed that on a cooler, spring day, my car was overheating. I stopped, and waited an hour for it to cool down before returning home.
Turns out I was trying to run an Air-cooled Geo Tracker, not the best move...

We've been topping off the radiator fluid for a few months, so my father wanted to get to the bottom of it. Come to find out that the Water Pump is no good.

Install a new one. Yay!

Drive it around, and now there is ANOTHER water/coolant leak, coming from a part of the engine that we didnt even touch...

As I told my father "I hear a smooth, Straight-6 328i in my future" For when we give up on keeping this Geo alive. In addition to whatever this is, my clutch is REALLY about to be totally worn away. Is there any sort of Super-Duper clutch that would wear less rapidly? I think if I am to continue offroading, I ought to get one.

Adjusted my clutch cable for the fifth time this week. I just hope it can get me to and from work for the next couple of days. :nervous:

Thinking I'm going to have to change the flex plate on the truck again despite just getting the timing right on 14 clicks...Starter is grinding then sounds like it's spinning freely. Bad teeth on both I'm thinking. It's happened before. Not looking forward to changing it though, those 6 bolts are a BITCH to get back in.

Drove my GT-Four from my old place today to my new place. It's the first time I've driven it in around 3 months due to little projects happening to it.

Anyway, here is a shot of it after I'd cleaned it, sitting out in front of my garage, from my balcony:
79c6a33d.jpg

^ sweet

So, I get a car stereo for my birthday, Woo hoo!

My father (Not usually the type to work on cars) decides to go about putting it in. It goes without a hitch.

Awhile back I noticed that on a cooler, spring day, my car was overheating. I stopped, and waited an hour for it to cool down before returning home.
Turns out I was trying to run an Air-cooled Geo Tracker, not the best move...

We've been topping off the radiator fluid for a few months, so my father wanted to get to the bottom of it. Come to find out that the Water Pump is no good.

Install a new one. Yay!

Drive it around, and now there is ANOTHER water/coolant leak, coming from a part of the engine that we didnt even touch...

As I told my father "I hear a smooth, Straight-6 328i in my future" For when we give up on keeping this Geo alive. In addition to whatever this is, my clutch is REALLY about to be totally worn away. Is there any sort of Super-Duper clutch that would wear less rapidly? I think if I am to continue offroading, I ought to get one.

i think centerforce makes a dual friction cluch for it if not try to find a tracker fourm.

Dusted the inside, re-filled the windscreen washer bottle, checked the oil, and started cleaning up the engine bay. My guess is it hasn't been done since it was made.....8 years ago.

Mine turned out so good, decided to try it out on my wife's Pilot. I have the CD2 Setting in now. Her's turned out pretty good to, but most of the engine is hidden under there with little uncovered material to really appreciate all of that aluminum shine.

CD2 has got to be the best engine detailing product on the market, I love the stuff!!!

Refurbing the BBS split rims off my 328 Coupe and parting out the rest of the car.

I now have a 2 litre diesel instead of a 2.8 petrol.... don't get me wrong 50mpg is better than 20mpg, but all of a sudden driving (one of only two pleasures I have in life) has all of a sudden become a bit rubbish.

The other pleasure is drinking... I can do that more since I'm not spending £40 a week on fuel :D

224952_10150862220072245_590092163_n.jpg

I made the underside of my doors rust free and put some fresh white metal paint on it.
And I found out that on the passenger side my carpet and my insulation mats are soaking wet. And because of that I found a small hole in my floorpan. Oh noez.

20120715204820.jpg

The only rust hole I could find in my 36 year old truck. :D
When I am done welding it, I'll clean up the rest of the floor, and repaint it all, in white. And then go underneath the car and paint it all black. Should be good for another 36 years then.

I made the underside of my doors rust free and put some fresh white metal paint on it.
And I found out that on the passenger side my carpet and my insulation mats are soaking wet. And because of that I found a small hole in my floorpan. Oh noez.

20120715204820.jpg

The only rust hole I could find in my 36 year old truck. :D
When I am done welding it, I'll clean up the rest of the floor, and repaint it all, in white. And then go underneath the car and paint it all black. Should be good for another 36 years then.

Mine is exactly 10 years younger and it's about gone, and it's been fixed and painted underneath twice. Then again it sits over a stone driveway so it rots out after not moving and the salt from snow doesn't help.

I'm gonna spray about 10 liter of paint to the underside of the pickup, and after that, 12 to 20 bottles of spray bitumen. And in every nook and cranny I will pour a mixture of oil and diesel. It will never rot again.

I'm gonna spray about 10 liter of paint to the underside of the pickup, and after that, 12 to 20 bottles of spray bitumen. And in every nook and cranny I will pour a mixture of oil and diesel. It will never rot again.

When we painted outs black the whole truck was ripped apart and torn down to the frame. Everything underneath is good just the body is shot and the cab needs new mounts and pillars.

Did you trash it through a lot of mud? Because my pickup will never see any mud in his life. Only tarmac and brick roads.

Did you trash it through a lot of mud? Because my pickup will never see any mud in his life. Only tarmac and brick roads.

Mud, snow, everything, it was a toy and a beater/workhorse, hauled a lot of weight in it's bed. Used to be very nice but now its a rotbox. Got loads of miles too.

Vacuumed the interior, sorted the boot for more efficient use of space, and had rummage through some of the intake bits having a general look around and cleaning any dirt where found. I've been waiting a couple of weeks now to get the car up on the lift to stick in some new bushings but unfortunately there's no schedule for that to actually happen.

This came in the mail yesterday :)
Got the downpipe waiting as well.
Post when its installed

Invidia N1 Race Catback
IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Back