• Install front lip spoiler
  • Install short throw shifter with Cobb bushings
  • Upgrade to 3" exhaust system
  • Install Cobb AP with appropriate maps
  • Replace TMIC with FMIC
  • Replace Injectors
  • Replace Turbo
  • Get a pro tune and try to squeeze 350-370hp

What I did do was hand wash, wax, and detail the inside.

close_enough.png

:lol:

Has anyone actively taken it upon them to perform the arduous task of stone chip/touch up painting? I could spend days on my car my goodness. Will take updated pics of my beast

I hear ya....

Well, got a great deal on some parts today....so I took my first step towards a Stage 2 Power upgrade:

Cobb Down Pipe:
images

Magnaflow Catback Exhaust:
images

Need to save up a bit more to get the Cobb AP. Will run a Stage 2, 93 Octane map. Shortly after that, the COBB Tunning 724300 SF Intake & Air Box Kit 05-09 Subaru Legacy GT. That will conclude my power mods unless I need to upgrade my TMIC. Next will be brakes, suspension, wheels (I have began hating my wheels), guages, etc.

I hear ya....

Well, got a great deal on some parts today....so I took my first step towards a Stage 2 Power upgrade:

Cobb Down Pipe:
images

images

Need to save up a bit more to get the Cobb AP. Will run a Stage 2, 93 Octane map. Shortly after that, the COBB Tunning 724300 SF Intake & Air Box Kit 05-09 Subaru Legacy GT. That will conclude my power mods unless I need to upgrade my TMIC. Next will be brakes, suspension, wheels (I have began hating my wheels), guages, etc.

You're upgrading your legacy? Or do you have an STi?

Lol STi's are pretty sizeable actually. You're going stage 2 on a Legacy huh. That's going to be quite interesting. Keep this thread updated please, I want to know how it turns out :lol:

Lol STi's are pretty sizeable actually. You're going stage 2 on a Legacy huh. That's going to be quite interesting. Keep this thread updated please, I want to know how it turns out :lol:

When I bought the Legacy, it came down to room. I had my buddies hop in the back of an STi at the dealership. Their knees where stuffed in their mouths. Had to go with the Legacy. This was, after all, a family car. :)

As I work though the mods, I'll start it's own thread for sure. It will be a slow long process, but it needs to be done. :)

:cheers:

When I bought the Legacy, it came down to room. I had my buddies hop in the back of an STi at the dealership. Their knees where stuffed in their mouths. Had to go with the Legacy. This was, after all, a family car. :)

As I work though the mods, I'll start it's own thread for sure. It will be a slow long process, but it needs to be done. :)

Ah I see. Well it's got to meet it's needs right? Alrighty, I'll tune in once in a while 👍 Stage 2 is fun :dopey:

Good Luck

I hear ya....

Cobb Down Pipe:
images

images

Please wait and get the AP before putting these parts on. Newer turbo Subarus are fragile.

And ran another autocross on Sunday.

Please wait and get the AP before putting these parts on. Newer turbo Subarus are fragile.

And ran another autocross on Sunday.

That was my plan. 👍 The waiting will be torture though.

Nice run! Ever mount the Go Pro on the car?

It always amazes me how people manage to remember the layout of those courses when just staring at a bunch of cones. That one wasn't that complicated, but some of the ones you see on you tube...wow. Nice run though Eric.

Yeah...I need to do that next time, I'm moving too much. Thanks! 👍

one thing ive started using is instead of a gopro i just use my Droid Razr with the car dock.... it works pretty good but i wish i could get a angle of me driving like you did with it

It always amazes me how people manage to remember the layout of those courses when just staring at a bunch of cones. That one wasn't that complicated, but some of the ones you see on you tube...wow. Nice run though Eric.

exactly...ive been autocrossing for 8 years and i still feel the same way that its a sea of cones every time...but some are better than others.. we have a local course that is more like a mini road course inside a fairgrounds... i still have my buddy navigate for me the first couple runs but its mostly because people just like to ride along

Tell me about it, i've been waiting for a certain "part" for over two weeks now. The anticipation is killing me!

👍 on the upgrades to the Legacy though, it's been too long. :mischievous:

I'm feeling the need for a set of Recaros before too long. That first pivot cone was giving me trouble because I brace against the dead pedal on right turns. But I needed to downshift. Thus, braking deeper and trying to get a better run on the exit.

You can put the catback on as soon as you get it. It will make the wait for the AP and DP a bit easier.
The bolts can't be that rusted so it shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours.

You can put the catback on as soon as you get it. It will make the wait for the AP and DP a bit easier.
The bolts can't be that rusted so it shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours.

I did think about that.... I did, and it may come to that. I would prefer to do it all at once for the most impact, so I can really hear and feel what the entire upgrade is doing for me. I guess I am hoping for a larger grin if I wait for all the parts. :D

I still haven't decided, but I could get a custom e-tune and go open source for a lot cheaper than a cobb AP. Still need to do more reading and talk to a few guys about it, but that may be an option.

Helped my mate install... A CB radio and PA system on his Tacoma... Im not even sure why.

But then we were talking, and the subject of sequential shifters came up (Similar to the sort in GT cars and Rally now i suppose). Is that something you can just buy and install, or is that like a specialty modification?

Sway bar bushings finally went. Just fixed em last year though. Need a whole new setup though.

Replaced the hard lines from my transmission to the tranny cooler, and dropped the transmission pan out and cleaned off the magnets (they were spotless, but I had to check) and did a refill with Nissan Matic S.

Replaced the hard lines from my transmission to the tranny cooler, and dropped the transmission pan out and cleaned off the magnets (they were spotless, but I had to check) and did a refill with Nissan Matic S.

Replacing those can be a major pain in the ass on some cars.

Replacing those can be a major pain in the ass on some cars.

Luckily they weren't too bad on mine, maybe took an hour or so. I was just crossing my fingers the whole time so I wouldn't brake anything else since everything in that area seems to be "special order", and I didn't want to be without a car for a week or so while waiting for parts.

Helped my mate install... A CB radio and PA system on his Tacoma... Im not even sure why.

But then we were talking, and the subject of sequential shifters came up (Similar to the sort in GT cars and Rally now i suppose). Is that something you can just buy and install, or is that like a specialty modification?

look at a company called artcarr, they make them for baja and trophy trucks

new plugs and wires for my ranger and oil and filter.

still waiting for parts to clear customs for my evo, that gtr grey market stuff is making them picky.

Back