What was your first car?

• Thread starter ddldave
  • 228 comments
StayProRaceClean
1) How old were you when you got your first car?
2) What was your first car?

3) How old are you now?
4) What car do you drive now?

Citroen Saxo 1.1 (Powaaaah!)

via Mazda 323 (Lantis) 1.5

Peugeot 406 Coupe V6

I drove my mum and dad's cars for the first 9 years of my driving life. Only bought one when my work took me further away from home.

I still do not own a car.

I learned to drive on the family's 2000 XC70 but I try to push that out of my memory. You could say I was 15.

Now I drive an '06 GTI. Got it when I was 18, now I'm 19. It's still the family's car though.

3) How old are you now?

1964 Dodge Polara

2007 Volvo S60-R, 2002 Jeep Liberty Ltd., 2007 Ford F-150

How old when you got your first car?
I was 16, the summer before my Junior Year in High School.

What was your first car?
It was a 1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg Edition sedan. It was purple, and I loved it.

How old are you now?
I'm happy to say that I've made it to 21 years of age.

What do you drive now?
I'm somewhat happy to report that I'm now driving a 1996 Volkswagen Jetta (Vento) GL Wolfsburg sedan.

16 – Technically my parents gave me the old family Ford Ranger (1993, I think). However, I also occasionally used my mom’s Outback. And now that I have my own car, I’ve given the Ranger back, and it’s just used as a worktruck around the house.

Um, how old am I…? Oh right, 19 – I’m now driving a 2006 Mazda 3. Love it to pieces, although a few months ago it got flecks of white paint on the front and I was never able to get much of it out. :(

I was 16, the summer before my Junior Year in High School.

What was your first car?
It was a 1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg Edition sedan. It was purple, and I loved it.

How old are you now?
I'm happy to say that I've made it to 21 years of age.

What do you drive now?
I'm somewhat happy to report that I'm now driving a 1996 Volkswagen Jetta (Vento) GL Wolfsburg sedan.

So THATS why your Myspace name is 'welcome to wolfsburg' :lol:

First car at 17, it was a Nissan Almera 1.4 Si. Had most my lessons in it, took my test in it, commuted in it, drove people around in it, had loads of fun it it...and then I killed it.

Im 19 now and currently driving a Honda Civic 1.4 S. Like it but really miss my old car.

It was a beautiful green Matiz Type R (Euro). It soared through the cold city streets like a greased weasel.

I remember it well. :)

My father promised me my first car when I was 3. I was sitting on the glovebox between the front seats when I asked. See car at left. Mine was peacock green with a white top. I was 16 the first time I drove it.

I also had pretty unrestricted access to a '70 Ford Country Squire wagon, a '69 Austin America, a '78 VW Bus, and a '71 Ford Galaxie 500.

I'm currently sneaking up on 44, my daily driver is a '99 Toyota Camry. But I also drive an '05 Ford Excursion diesel, and on rare occasions my wife's '00 Civic.

Since I have six kids, the youngest of which is 15, there are also a myriad of other vehicle lying about that I drive on occasion.

for both - '93 rover 214
well uh the car was in the family since i was 16 lol but it was for me, learned and passed in it at 18 and still have it two years since then :D done must be near 20k miles in it now lol never had a problem with it too :)

1. 16
2. Toyota MR2 AW11 S/C
3. 17.
4. None, sold the MR2. Working on buying a 2001 Mercedes-Benz E55 ///AMG.

3) How old are you now?

1. 16.
2. 1996 Volvo 850 Turbo sedan. The more I think about it, the more I realize what a great first car this was. It had a sunroof, leather, power seats, side airbags, keyless entry, a CD player, and, most importantly, 222 horsepower and a 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds. Unreliable, but so much fun.
3. 19.
4. 2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro sedan.

15, I had my learners permit since you can get it in Michigan at 14 and 9 months.

What was your first car?
I snag a black 1995 Plymouth Neon fleet vehicle from my dad's work at an auction for $300. It ran...sorta. Head gasket exploded on it before I turned 16.

How old are you now?

What do you drive now?
Just bought a brand new R56 Mini Cooper in sparkling silver metallic.
Probably the best car I've ever owned (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2827959#post2827959)

Sixteen.

What was your first car?
I got a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS from my parents as a Christmas gift.

How old are you now?
Nineteen.

What do you drive now?
I've since "traded" my second car, a 1996 Honda Del Sol VTEC, for a 1999 Honda Civic Si. I got to love all three of the cars, but the Hondas have really piqued my interest.

Never. EVER going to happen with in 8 years.
15 Grand won't take me anywhere near 8 years. There's one being sold in Silver, 68,000 miles, bone stock, and with a well maintained engine. The only problem is the lights which ALL don't work, and this one dent that can be pulled out with a suction cup.

I already got 3 grand in the bank so only got like 12 months left.

1965 Riley Elf - With a 1275cc and twin carbs
2005 Holden Barina SRI (bought it new), 1997 Mitsubishi L300 (for my dog) and a 2006 Holden Commodore SV6 (also bought it new).

I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E.

You'll be paying out your rear until you're 25.

Even 25 yearolds are going to pay out the ass for an AMG Merc.

And there is NO way you'll get an AMG anything for $15k USD that's running realistically.

3) How old are you now?

1) 17
2) 1990 998cc Rover Mini. Bought for £1300, worth about half that... although in my young naiveity I just wanted a car and was too excited to care. No idea what edition it started life as...

3) 21
4) 1992 1275cc Italian Job edition Rover Mini (second car). Bought for £2550, worth about a grand more. 1994 1986cc Volvo 940 GLE (third car), bought for £450 as a workhorse to keep the miles off the Mini.

First car - Second car - Third car

Back