What would YOU do if a cop pulled you over for speeding??

There are so many speed cameras and traffic light cameras in the area that you'd have to be barking mad to try speeding round here.

I've toyed with the idea of writing a little VB6 application that will display your usual rear number plate (on an old laptop LCD) then flick of a switch and it'll start displaying random numbers, the problem is the switch, i'm thinking of doing it off the laptops serial port.

whether or not i have the bottle to implement it is another matter but.....

Originally posted by vat_man
The first one's great, except...

... in Melbourne they have introduced a combined red light/speed camera, so if you floor it to catch the yellow, you get zapped for speeding. Nice, huh?

There's a report floating around from the ARRB (Australian Road Research Board - http://www.arrb.com.au/) which suggests that red light cameras not only have no effect on people running red lights, they increase rear end accidents.

And people wonder why I brake-test tailgaters...

yup, there is an article in newest car and driver on those redlight cameras increasing rear end accidents.

Awsome slip! Make it switch to say "YOU SUCK", "MYOB", "I WON'T PAY" and stuff like that...that would be great.

Please post pics if you get it working.

M5, I use Amber for brakelights, '88-'90 MX-6s have half amber tail lights while '91-'92 have all red tail lights.

Amber is sweet.

Always Keep a "Get out of Jail Free" card from Monopoly in your wallet. Read that on a message board a few weeks back and it sounds like a great icebreaker when the cop asks you for license/registration. Just slip that in and see what happens. Certainly can't hurt and you will probably get a laugh

ouch cameros well in cali we got vipers...j/k no somtime i wll see a exploror or a mustang. but there are people in old cameros that paint their cars lke police cars and go to the race track...........

we have poorly undercover caprices(look just like the cop ones, same hubs and everything, just normal paint...what really gives them away are the plates and the serch light...I've seen both Camaro and Mustang cops, but very rarely.

Latest Posts

Back