Why is my Suzuki so slow at Alzace?

• Thread starter Mike Walsh
  • 20 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
What am I missing in today's Alsace race in my Suzuki? Everyone elses car is obviously much faster than me. I just get left behind on the grid no matter how well I start? Is there some mod?

thanks. How do I know this and where do I go to get what I need?
We post a comprehensive Daily Races article every Monday:

Summary: Any Comfort tyre, any tuning at all (except nitrous), 420PP limit.

We post a comprehensive Daily Races article every Monday:

Summary: Any Comfort tyre, any tuning at all (except nitrous), 420PP limit.
Okay one last question and I'll stop bothering you. Where do I find the new engine? I can't seem to find one.

Okay one last question and I'll stop bothering you. Where do I find the new engine? I can't seem to find one.
are you Collector Level 50?

if so, go to GT auto where you change oil and go to "Engine swap"

Dont overly tune. It possible to make the car have so much power that getting back to 420pp will kill HP to much.

My Comfort soft tire build is 321 hp. it still isnt easy to drive.

I have gone so far to tune gear ratios for individual tunes and the start. Getting first just tall enough to bog slightly and running no TCS will give you the holeshot.

It's a forum; this is exactly what it's for! :lol:

If you've been gifted a compatible engine (in this case the 1.4-litre unit from the Suzuki Swift), you'll find it in your Gifts section of your Garage.

However, you no longer need to wait for that and can - if you're Collector Level 50 - just go to GT Auto while you're in the Jimny and buy one from the car maintenance section. Beware that engines are very expensive (the Swift engine for the Jimny is one of the cheaper options) to buy.

are you Collector Level 50?

if so, go to GT auto where you change oil and go to "Engine swap"

Dont overly tune. It possible to make the car have so much power that getting back to 420pp will kill HP to much.

My Comfort soft tire build is 321 hp. it still isnt easy to drive.

I have gone so far to tune gear ratios for individual tunes and the start. Getting first just tall enough to bog slightly and running no TCS will give you the holeshot.
Thanks. No I'm only 43, despite the fact that I've has V7 since it came out and race 3 or 4 times a day. Still I've done some tuning and it's definitely btter.

Thanks. No I'm only 43, despite the fact that I've has V7 since it came out and race 3 or 4 times a day. Still I've done some tuning and it's definitely btter.
if you have 7 million dollar you can become Level 50 today....

getting to L50 make the game complete open.

I hate this race, because you're not a high enough level to buy the engine swap your car will be around 200 bhp down on those you're racing against. It feels like PD haven't put enough thought into the race settings.

I hate this race, because you're not a high enough level to buy the engine swap your car will be around 200 bhp down on those you're racing against. It feels like PD haven't put enough thought into the race settings.
why shouldnt single player content matter for multiplayer?

why shouldnt single player content matter for multiplayer?
What does the race look like right now? If you jump into the next race will you get a full grid of 12 players who are at a reasonably competitive skill level, and will they all be level 50 and have the engine swap?

I suspect it will be even worse than yesterday morning in which case it may as well be a time trial since you're not racing against other cars.

What does the race look like right now? If you jump into the next race will you get a full grid of 12 players who are at a reasonably competitive skill level, and will they all be level 50 and have the engine swap?

I suspect it will be even worse than yesterday morning in which case it may as well be a time trial since you're not racing against other cars.
It is absolute rubbish. Getting lapped on the fifth lap is just ridiculous.

I had between 4-6 people below 53 seconds this morning.

it will only get better of people start embracing how to tune a car instead of just complaing about it, and then saying Gt7 lacks content.

It is absolute rubbish. Getting lapped on the fifth lap is just ridiculous.
I mean if your Level 50, you just didnt tune right.

Tigney's tune will get your most of the way there.

Last edited:
53s if almost 4s off the world record which is pretty rubbish on a 1½ mile lap so I assume the field spread is huge in the races.
I mean even with a good tune this car isnt easy to drive fast.....

alot of those WR were wall rider, they upped the damage today you can not do it anywas.

I mean even with a good tune this car isnt easy to drive fast.....

alot of those WR were wall rider, they upped the damage today you can not do it anywas.
Ok, lets say 50.2s is a good clean lap (that's Tidgney's in his weekly race guide), 53s is 6% slower, that wouldn't even be a silver medal if this was one of the time trial challenges. It is not a competitive race.

Back