Why Make a V8 Prius? Because V8, That's Why

He's running 9's with a manual. But there's stock Coyote foxbodies running 8s with manuals, just saying.
Source? I found this manual Fox running 8s with 600whp; does a stock Coyote that makes nowhere near 600whp somehow make more than 600whp? Just saying.

I like the idea, but apart from it being a novelty at best, meh.

Hide a big engine in the mid-rear behind some tinted windows, give it some not too obvious grabbing tyres, and go fishing on the streets.

I like the idea, but apart from it being a novelty at best, meh.

Hide a big engine in the mid-rear behind some tinted windows, give it some not too obvious grabbing tyres, and go fishing on the streets.
Nah, leave it as is, call it "a sleeper" and wait for Netflix to come knocking...

He's running 9's with a manual. But there's stock Coyote foxbodies running 8s with manuals, just saying.

voGMGTr.jpg

Using the formula MPH = 234 * (HP / WEIGHT) ^ .3333 and ET = 1353 / MPH and taking the Fox Body Mustang GT weight (3300 lbs) and newest Coyote 5.0L horsepower (460hp) we get the following:

234 * (460/3300)^.3333 = 121.3 mph

1353/123.3 = 11.15 1/4 mile ET

In order to get a stock Mustang GT to run 8.99 you would need about 880 hp if the car weighed 3,300 lbs. Or on the flip side, the car could have 460 hp, but would need to weigh 1,730 lbs....or roughly half of the stock Mustang's weight.

This also assumes crankshaft horsepower and not wheel horsepower.

Even accounting for atmospheric conditions, tire traction, driver ability, and virtually anything else you can think of, there's no way a 3,300 lbs car with 460 hp is going to run 8's on the drag strip. An 8 second 1/8 mile is entirely in the realm of possibilities though.

Nah, leave it as is, call it "a sleeper" and wait for Netflix to come knocking...

We need something like an angry dislike button.

It's because the latest generation of Tide pod eating mumble rappers think they know cars, that that exists.

voGMGTr.jpg

Using the formula MPH = 234 * (HP / WEIGHT) ^ .3333 and ET = 1353 / MPH and taking the Fox Body Mustang GT weight (3300 lbs) and newest Coyote 5.0L horsepower (460hp) we get the following:

234 * (460/3300)^.3333 = 121.3 mph

1353/123.3 = 11.15 1/4 mile ET

In order to get a stock Mustang GT to run 8.99 you would need about 880 hp if the car weighed 3,300 lbs. Or on the flip side, the car could have 460 hp, but would need to weigh 1,730 lbs....or roughly half of the stock Mustang's weight.

This also assumes crankshaft horsepower and not wheel horsepower.

Even accounting for atmospheric conditions, tire traction, driver ability, and virtually anything else you can think of, there's no way a 3,300 lbs car with 460 hp is going to run 8's on the drag strip. An 8 second 1/8 mile is entirely in the realm of possibilities though.
OK I'll admit I was slightly off EDIT: No, I said 9s not 8s

No, I said 9s not 8s
Did you though?

But there's stock Coyote foxbodies running 8s with manuals, just saying.
I mean, you did mention 9s being run, but that strikes me as having been in regards to the Hellcat Prius, and nobody here rejected that remark.

And hey, it shouldn't be the least bit surprising to absolutely anyone that two different vehicles with two different powertrains would elapse two different times on two different occasions on two different tracks in two different temperatures at two different elevations by two different drivers.

Not sure why the comparison matters to begin with. They're both modified drag cars with outsourced engines from modern cars.

The notion of a "stock Coyote motor" category is stupid and contradictory.

Quite aware of when they signed up, doesn't mean they're anymore traversed than some one with 27 posts and 3 weeks to there name, clearly. Actively participating is typically what gives people insight into posting the correct stuff in the correct area with in the parameters they should. I lurked for 3 years before joining the site myself, didn't mean I was all the more seasoned when I finally did sign up.

Not sure why the comparison matters to begin with. They're both modified drag cars with outsourced engines from modern cars..
The notion of a "stock Coyote motor" category is stupid and contradictory.

You should see the list of categories they have these days, hell for years the GTR people have been fighting for fastest GTR as if the arbitrary "title" means anything other than fastest of a single make/model

I agree with you I don't really get it myself, and I grew up around a father who was all about drag racing, and seeing the different categories from super stock, stock, nostalgia, pro stock, bracket, pro mod and so on. Now days you have even more split hairs being done.

Last edited:
You should see the list of categories they have these days, hell for years the GTR people have been fighting for fastest GTR as if the arbitrary "title" means anything other than fastest of a single make/model

I agree with you I don't really get it myself, and I grew up around a father who was all about drag racing, and seeing the different categories from super stock, stock, nostalgia, pro stock, bracket, pro mod and so on. Now days you have even more split hairs being done.
They're special engines made by Ford with rivets that you can't open.

The GTR stuff has got to be among the worst I've seen. 1320 did a video advertising something like, quickest GTR with a stock manifold. Like sure, it's great to see companies pushing the factory parts to their limits, but running 7's isn't anything special for GTRs anymore and no one is going to care when someone says, "Yeah, you run 7's like my GTR, but I'm the fastest on the stock manifold". Who cares when Giddy is now in the 6's with his?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-M50SA

I haven't been able to find anything documenting "rivets," but the program indeed exists.

I never doubted the program existing I've heard of them before, I just had doubts in the part about rivets. I should have been clear on that. There is plenty of way to seal an engine and then find out when it's had a broken seal.
The GTR stuff has got to be among the worst I've seen. 1320 did a video advertising something like, quickest GTR with a stock manifold. Like sure, it's great to see companies pushing the factory parts to their limits, but running 7's isn't anything special for GTRs anymore and no one is going to care when someone says, "Yeah, you run 7's like my GTR, but I'm the fastest on the stock manifold". Who cares when Giddy is now in the 6's with his?
exactly, or when people say "fastest on stock heads end". It's cool for the ego, but when there are people going faster than you in the same car with stronger parts made for that specific engine...it quickly loses its value to others. To think there was a time when many guys would build their car to brag about having the fastest on pump gas, or street radials.

I never doubted the program existing I've heard of them before, I just had doubts in the part about rivets. I should have been clear on that. There is plenty of way to seal an engine and then find out when it's had a broken seal.

exactly, or when people say "fastest on stock heads end". It's cool for the ego, but when there are people going faster than you in the same car with stronger parts made for that specific engine...it quickly loses its value to others. To think there was a time when many guys would build their car to brag about having the fastest on pump gas, or street radials.
The engines are inspected when they're raced, so if the seal is broken you get disqualified. http://www.nmradigital.com/dl/rules/cs.pdf

skip to 6:15

What's this prove? Other than an obnoxious guy showing his foxbody powered coyote? Also you can link youtube videos to a specific time just so you know...

Also do you have a clue what the difference between a rivet (as you claimed) and a bolt are?

Back