Will GT7 get Ps5 Pro Update ??

Will polyphony digital Update Gt7 for PS5 Pro ?

• Yes,

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Yes, and it will really benefit from the extra features

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Mabe

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No,

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No, they will only integrated with the next Gran Turismo title

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Canada
montreal,quebec,canada
So with more and more rumors of Sony releasing a Midgen refresh a PS5 Pro, current leak say it will focus a lot on retracing and a boost and FPS, do you think the team at polyphony digital will be updating GT7 to benefit from the extra features of the ps5 Pro or will they save it for GT8 or whatever the next installment will be??

Let’s discuss

Besides more fps I don't see anything that the normal ps5 doesn't have...
(The ps4 pro brought hdr for colours and contrast and 4k resolution for displaying all the details)

If we can play GT7 in native 4k with 120fps, and not in 1440p 120fps like we are playing now, I would be happy, that alone would be a reason for me to update to PS5 Pro.
when base PS5 is able to do 4K 120hz VRR* that hovers around 70-100fps then for sure Pro should be able to lock it to 120fps

*Resolution mode + 120Hz VRR

mainly what i want from the Pro is having full HDR in 120hz mode which with base PS5 is limited

Last edited:
Stock PS5 can't do 4k @ 70-100 frames. This VRR option has a much lesser resolution. I guess a real 4k raytracing VRR option should bring 80-100 fps to the PS5 pro. Maybe even the full 120 fps but i guess complete 120fps will need a little resolution drop or a little raytracing adjustment.

Thanks. I had that article in mind but didn't know anymore that 120fps, VRR, resolution mode could hold the full 4K.

Last edited:
I think the replays will benefit from it, by I don’t have 120hz tv yet but I would be happy if we get 60fps with retracing in game plays and a lock 60fps on replays with raytracing at a full 2160p

Last edited:
A ps5 pro update is given, i think gt7 is the most likely title to take most advantage of ps5 pro, when it arrives i think gt7 will also get a major update omce again maybe like speclll, with more new cars and even a new track,
More sophy ai updates and ps5 pro features.

retracing
There still is so much graphical detail missing in PS5 GT7 that RayTracing should be the last and least desired feature to be added to a game where you can clearly see a cutoff of draw distance into ZERO details left.

Can the PS5Pro deliver that?
I like to doubt that, but I dont mind being wronged here.
As much as I hate pro consoles for what they are doing to the developers, I still will get one as my inner gamer will see it a necessity.

I have a list. PD devs may disagree and make other improvements...

- Ray-traced shadows - would remove the shadow pop-in and fix the medium distance LOD transition. Also, cockpit and close proximity objects would look amazing.

- Ray-traced reflections - would improve from the current cube-map system. (Which looks amazing in the third-person camera, but can have trouble looking good on the cockpit and hood cameras). Also, they should start having ray-traced mirrors and Glass materials.

- Increased draw-distance on dynamic objects - GTs draw-distance is actually really good and far away, but dynamic objects like small details can have a quite small draw-distance.

-Improved LOD transitions - stuff like spoilers popping in after you get close to the cars.

- Improved LOD models - Garage models should be put on real time gameplay, for better cockpit modeling. Also, cockpit should be better rendered when using the third-person camera on gameplay scenarios.

- PSSR for anti aliasing - GT7 image quality is already good to great running at 4k. But theres still some shimmering at long distances. Using PSSR as AA instead of their in house TAA should fix This.

PS5 pro seems to be a great improvement, all this should be possible but I don't think PD will go this Far... Ill be happy with better LODs cars and Ray tracing

- Increased draw-distance on dynamic objects - GTs draw-distance is actually really good and far away, but dynamic objects like small details can have a quite small draw-distance.

-Improved LOD transitions - stuff like spoilers popping in after you get close to the cars.

- Improved LOD models - Garage models should be put on real time gameplay, for better cockpit modeling. Also, cockpit should be better rendered when using the third-person camera on gameplay scenarios.
Technically Pro could improve this but i think GT's LOD system is kinda odd it (too many pop ups) and for that it would need whole new system to fully "fix" it

Last edited:
Sometimes when playing now on PS5, the other persons driver will disappear. You can see it happen. I’m sure PS5 Pro will solve that issue.

Technically Pro could improve this but i think GT's LOD system is kinda odd it (too many pop ups) and for that it would need whole new system to fully "fix" it
According to leaked information, PS5 Pro will have a full set of mesh shader instructions (and not just partial like the PS5)

Using full mesh shader instructions on the PS5 Pro could enable games to manage geometry more dynamically and efficiently, supporting virtualized geometry. This could allow for smooth, continuous transitions in detail levels (LOD), preventing the abrupt "popping" of objects as they change detail levels. Mesh shaders could facilitate real-time, on-the-fly generation of detailed geometry, ensuring seamless visual quality without sudden changes.

Like nanite in UE5.

It's almost a guarantee that a crown jewel from a 1st party studio will somehow showcase the new features offered by a hardware revision.

This is likely where we'll see the umbilical cord cut from PS4 users. I imagine PS5 Pro users will get RT in real-time and possibly an increase in grid count.

Hopefully PSVR2 users will get an increase in the LoD draw distance and clarity.

Hm, 37 votes....I wonder if all of those voters work for either PD or Sony 'cause nobody else should be able to answer this question.
There was a leaked case study some 6 months ago about a 1st party title running at 4k/60 on PS5, that would be 4k/60/RT on PS5 Pro.

Most assumed this was GT7 as nothing else really fit the bill in Sony's lineup.

That said I'd be astonished if GT7 is not part of Sony's PS5 Pro presentation. RT in gameplay seems a given, but I'm interested to know what PSSR can offer. As it's an AI software solution there are potentially lots of performance & quality gains we could get.

Last edited:
Hm, 37 votes....I wonder if all of those voters work for either PD or Sony 'cause nobody else should be able to answer this question.
Not entirely. As the post above states there have been plenty of leaks and subsequent analysis conducted by people in-the-know (DigitalFoundry).

According to them, there are components of the PS5 Pro's offering that will improve games without requiring a patch from developers. That benefits Sony because it will instantaneously provide early adopters with benefits to their existing catalog of games.

IIRC Sony has patented a system that will increase game resolution through Mark Cerny wizardry. So it's safe to assume that at the very least, GT7 could see resolution bump. But to your point, anything beyond that is speculative... But is that not what a gaming forum is for? lol

Back