World Motorsports Association-New Teaser Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
Logo-2.jpg

Welcome to W.M.A. the World Motorsport Association

Thank you for taking a look at the W.M.A., the World Motorsport Association.

Here at the W.M.A. we provide a central point for racing series that enables drivers and observers to participate under the umbrella of a consistent, clean and close set of racing series. The W.M.A. upholds the GTP OLR Code of Conduct and we value clean and close competition. The W.M.A. encourages all drivers, whether professional hardcore junkies or casual racers, within the GTPlanet community to join us in all of our sanctioned W.M.A. events.

On this thread you will find links to all the W.M.A. sanctioned events currently running as well as future events.

gran_turismo_5_review_01.jpg

world.motorsports.association@gmail.com

The Members:

NizmoDr3 / nizmodr3
TDZdave / TDZ-4-12-14-88
MrMelancholy15 / MrMelancholy15
polarbear345 / polarbear345
cnd01 / cnd01
rallymorten / rallymorten
Driver 101 / Driverone0one
Dundermuffin666 / Optimoose20
metalgear696 / Aesys
anirishnirvana / damuemogirl
joetruckv8 / JoeTruckV8
KingSakery / Sakery
eddyac / eddyac
kk20 / killa_kandy
Scca Norm / norml804
mercedesc300 / datboitrey23
socalspeedfreak / socalspeedfreak
salikriaz / salikriaz
LancerEvo7 / GTP_LancerEvo7
gogatrs / gogatrs
Bex / ScoobyBex
Knight Spirit / Knight_Spirit
curtex / curt_ex
Lion-Face / Lion-Face
Afrodeezy7 / Afrodeezy
jammy21 / GTP_Jammy
sk8er913 / sweawskater2
scraprecon / llGooFyll
Blackduval / FyeBlackBeast
marcoboyle / marcoboyle
TMT / tmt_1985
Mad4missiles / Redsuns-DeeDub
NEWDRIVER2 / OTS_NEWDRIVER
Geisterfahrer / GTRP_Geist
Fakegangstadie / Cam_from_nj
Sennafan88 / Patrick Palony
ANFD / ANFD
Jinobi2 / Jinobi_x
AceAeon23 / AceAeon23
OneManRiot / AllyKH2882
Shoe67 / Shoe_67
Gonales / x_XNyordiaX_x

gt5-karts-081910.jpg

CLICK ON A LOGO TO FIND OUT MORE!!

SPOT RACES

Eagle Talon Spot Spec Trophy Cup

W.M.A. Current Series

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=259992

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=257176

335174photo11a.jpg

W.M.A. recognizes all disciplines of motorsport. If there are any other event organizers that would like to become associated with W.M.A., then please PM any one of the Board Members.

If you would like to register as a competitor then you can do so ... CLICK HERE.

Competitor feedback, both positive and negative, is strongly encouraged but in a constructive manner.

Official Website!

WMA Points System, Handicap & Leaderboard

1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 18 points
4th - 16 points
5th - 14 points
6th - 12 points
7th - 10 points
8th - 9 points
9th - 8 points
10th - 7 points
11th - 6 points
12th - 5 points
13th - 4 points
14th - 3 points
15th - 2 points
16th - 1 point

Non-DLC users will automatically gain 9 points per race they cannot participate in. Due to them not owning the Track DLC's

This section is currently still a work in progress. We all hope, that the entire rulebooks and Driver's Handbooks with tips and such will be completed before October. In the meantime, we offer you the progress that we have made.

This is the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook. The W.M.A. Driver's Handbook, as it progresses, will help all drivers, new or not, to further drop their lap times, become competitive, and have clean, exciting racing. Reading the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook is highly recommended, especially for those who are just joining. It will offer you plenty of tips.

Stewards
MrMelancholy15 (organizing steward)
rallymorten (timing and scoring official in rally events, steward)
cnd01 (steward)
polarbear345 (steward)

Glossary of Terms
  • Stewards (noun): A group of dedicated individuals, whose sole purpose is to settle disputes, both on-and off- the track
  • Organizing/Head Steward (noun): The dedicated individual, who takes the time to write Handbooks and Rulebooks, to avoid conflict, when possible, and serves as the leader of the Stewards (see above) by conducting discussions fairly, and allowing all Stewards to speak.
  • Investigation (noun): A period of time, during which Stewards discuss the events of a previous event. Penalties may be issued directly following investigation
  • Call for Investigation (verb): the act of messaging a Steward, or the Organizing Steward, asking for an investigation of a given event
    Call for Investigation (noun): the message received by a Steward, or the Organizing Steward, in which the sender states that (s)he will ask for a Call for Investigation
  • Investigation Discussion (noun): the closed group conversation, in which the Stewards will discuss the events, given replays, driver testimony, and other significant sources of information, before making a decision, regarding the future of the event
  • Incident in Question (noun): The cause for the Investigation
  • Conduct Review (noun): A period of time, in which, without public announcement, the behaviour and professionalism of a member will be verified, following our anti-bullying, anti-racism, anti-obscenity and anti-accusation rules set, found in the Driver's Handbook in Chapter 3.

Application into Stewards Council
To apply into the Stewards Council, you must:
Have a clean record with the W.M.A. (never previously penalized)
Have good attendance on the GTPlanet forums
Private message MrMelancholy15, NizmoDR3, AND TDZdave,
Not hold any grudges, biases, or other hate-based reasons for an unfair penalization call

The application will be reviewed. Following the review, the stewards will be notified, and the applicant will receive word of the decision, from MrMelancholy15.

Notes:

The Members of the Board reserve the right to invite W.M.A. members to become Stewards, based on an extremely good standing in the W.M.A., and other valued assets.

This thread is NOT a duplicate. The old WMA thread was created by NizmoDR3, who has resigned from his leadership position. I'm his replacement, with help from the Members of the Board: TDZdave, polarbear345, cnd01 and a few others.

Areas of thread specialization:

cnd01 = social manager, manages the social group, and a few other friendly discussions.

polarbear345 = Scheduling manager, manages schedules, gives times and dates for upcoming WMA events.

TDZdave = Leaderboard Manager, manages the WMA Leaderboard.

MrMelancholy15 = Conduct Manager, manages the conduct on the thread, including stewarding duties in the WMA racing events.

rallymorten = Timing/Scoring Manager, conducts "post-rally" timing and scoring evaluations in Rally series.

List of WMA Championship champions:

- ITCC Season I -

Damuemogirl (Driver's Champion)
Team LLama Racing (LLR) (Team's Champion)
Mazda (Manufacturer's Champion)

cnd01 (Driver's second place)
Team TMG Toyota (Team's second place)
Honda (Manufacturer's second place)

MrMelancholy15 (Driver's third place)
Championship Honda (Team's third place)
Ford (Manufacturer's third place)

Last edited:
RACE RECAPS​

This thread will have little bits of interviews and opinions on the W.M.A's racing action throughout the week.

RACE RESULTS

Last week's action:

CTSCC

GS:

1.) MrMelancholy15
2.) ghskilla
3.) ANFD
4.) Elmarctuff
5.) cnd01 (disconnected) :(

ST:

1.) paulmac2k9
2.) tbwhhs
3.) polarbear345

ITCC

Race 1:

1.) damu
2.) Skeng
3.) Sakery
4.) cnd01
5.) MrMelancholy15
6.) polarbear345
7.) whiskey

Race 2:

1.) Skeng
2.) Sakery
3.) cnd01
4.) damu
5.) Tez_SP17
6.) MrMelancholy15
7.) Polarbear345
8.) whiskey

Race 3:

1.) Skeng
2.) Tez_SP17
3.) polarbear345
4.) cnd01
5.) damu
6.) MrMelancholy15
7.) whiskey
8.) Sakery (backed out)

PHOTO OF THE WEEK​

DTM3.png

Last edited:
In this post, I'll be covering:​
  • Series
  • Spot Races
  • Days
  • Times
  • How to get W.M.A sanctioning for Your series/spot race
  • A Brief Summary of Each Series

Current Series!
  • W.M.A Karts!
  • The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge!
  • W.M.A International Touring Car Championship (ITCC)!
  • D1SL!
  • W.M.A Bankfin Touring Car Series!
  • W.M.A DTM!
  • Ferrari 458 Italia Challenge!
  • GTP WRC

Current Spot Races!
  • None Yet!

W.M.A Schedule By Day!

Monday!
  • Nothing!

Tuesday!
  • Nothing!

Wednesday!
  • W.M.A Karts! 8 P.M GMT-0 3 P.M EST

Thursday!
  • Nothing!

Friday!
  • The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge! 11:30 P.M GMT-0 6:30 P.M EST

Saturday!
  • W.M.A International Touring Car Championship (ITCC)! 9:30 P.M GMT-0 4:30 P.M EST

Sunday!
  • W.M.A Bankfin Touring Cars! *Bi-weekly* 9 P.M GMT-0 4 P.M EST

Last edited:
TROPHY CASE
trophycabinet_zps83871e3e.jpg

HERE YOU CAN SEE THE PAST CHAMPIONS AND RUNNER UPS OF W.M.A​

ITCC_zpsab3e541f.jpg

W.M.A INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
SEASON 1 WINNER,

DAMUEMOGIRL
2nd, cnd01, 3rd, MrMelancholy15,​

DTM_zps059fb13e.jpg

W.M.A DTM SERIES T.B.A

WRC_zpsb10e1409.jpg

W.M.A WORLD RALLY CHAPIONSHIP T.B.A

INDY500_zps4aca3ae8.jpg

W.M.A INDY 500
W.M.A Member Polarbear345,

Quoted in saying, "milk never tasted so good"

Last edited:
Hall of Flames

This is the place you'd least likely want to see your name. A list of drivers that say they'll show up but "forgot" to say they wouldn't.

If you say in time (preferably at least 6 hours) before the event that you will not make it, you won't get a mark. If you excuse less than 24 hours after the scheduled begin of the event, you will recieve one mark. If you excuse less than a week after scheduled start, you will recieve 2 marks. If you haven't excused by then, you will recieve 3 marks.

Each mark lasts a month (30 days), unless you get into more trouble. This means, if you recieve one mark on Monday 1., and get one again on Friday 5., the timer for the first point is reset and added to the time you need to clear for the second. In this case you would not be clear until 30 days after Friday 5.

Every 5 marks in a "combo" will earn you a permanent mark. This mark will never go away and you're so to say marked for life. This means hosts of other series, W.M.A. sanctioned or not, will be tipped about your offences. 3 permanent marks will mean a permanent ban from W.M.A. series.

Time penalties are not normally associated with these marks, however, if you're rewarded a one race ban it may be necessary to add it.

Unforeseen happenings:

Of course it happens that something show up just before a race. From the above it may seem like we're a bunch of "drive or not" d-heads, but the truth is completely different. If, for an example, your grandmother had a heartstroke the day before the race and you decide to stay with her, we're full of understanding and it will count as a legal excuse. However, if this happens too often we might want you to put your spot in the respective championship up for another to take, so you won't damage your reputation.

List:

HenryT (WRC round 1 on February 2)
anonite (WRC round 1 on February 2)
metalgear696 (WRC round 1 on February 2)

Last edited:
Okay, that's the first five posts. Now, back to the normal business.

Rally, we're glad to have you "back." Let's see how much more interest we can get in the DTM series. I have a feeling, that I can get more people to join more series, if I bring the series to them, like we had always planned.

This post will be the final of the "first page posts," and will speak to the topic of "relations with other GTPlanet-based sanctioning bodies." We respect the other sanctioning bodies, and are always looking for chances to form partnerships with other sanctioning bodies.

Last edited:
Update:

I've updated the Original Post, further, with the:

• Areas of Thread Specialization (a list of those who graciously help us to run this thread)
  • List of WMA Champions (those who have ever won a WMA Championship event)

Firstly, the Areas of Thread Specialization is a specific organizational tool, and a shout-out to those individuals who selflessly, and graciously give their time to help us run the thread and other events.

Secondly, the list of WMA Champions (currently empty,) is a detailed "Hall of Fame," dedicated to those Drivers AND Teams who have won a WMA Championship.

This will be very shortly updated, as soon as the final rounds of the WMA International Touring Car Championship are wrapped up.

Lastly, I've further updated the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook: Click HERE! It now includes some very basic knowledge of the racing lines. I plan on building outward, to explain an example of a similar corner, and further tips and techniques to gain time.

Last edited:
I don't think the tier system works without a big customer base to prove themselves,

So, uhm, I've reorganized the DTM series but are all championships supposed to use the points system in the first post? Other than that it's almost ready to go :)

Edit: About the tier discussion, I think this would be more popular if we offered 2 different ways of reaching the great series:

1: "Pro Career" (Yet again referring to Race Driver 3)

Here you'll start your career in a low-class series, e.g. the "Formula Ford" of a discipline.

2: "World Tour" (Guess what? RD3 :D )

This consists of different racing series from different disciplines, e.g. you can go straight from a high league Touring Car series to a Le Mans style series.

I don't think the tier system works without a big customer base to prove themselves,

Indeed, I'm not running with the Tier system. All mention of the Tier system has been "eliminated." I focus on lower tier racing, but, I have nothing against the FGT series and so forth also existing in WMA competition.

So, uhm, I've reorganized the DTM series but are all championships supposed to use the points system in the first post? Other than that it's almost ready to go :)

Well, you don't have to run the WMA points directly. You can run whichever points system you want, then send Dave a PM with the link to the results for that weekend, and he'll do the rest.

Whats DTM?

*URL snip*

DTM = Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters = This series

OP updated to include DTM again. I still can't figure out the coding to resize the photo, nor remove the URL, and only display the DTM logo... Oh well. I guess it's friendlier to those who use the PS3 internet browser etc.

So is that how the cars are listed on gt5 is with a dtm?

If you hit "Touring Cars" in the online car restrictions, those are DTM cars. The series uses the DTM cars post 2000. So, we don't use the '94 DTM cars, that I'm aware of.

Yes, we only use the cars from 2000 and after :) and about the resizing thing you can just copy-paste the picture to paint or similar, resize it there, upload it to a photoshare side, e.g. Flickr, Photobucket etc. and just paste the IMG link :)

MrMelancholy15
OP updated to include DTM again. I still can't figure out the coding to resize the photo, nor remove the URL, and only display the DTM logo... Oh well. I guess it's friendlier to those who use the PS3 internet browser etc.

Does GTP allow HTML codes when editing posts and/comments etc? If so I can make the OP real epic. If HTML5 is allowed I can make animations and maybe javascript interactivities.

Does GTP allow HTML codes when editing posts and/comments etc? If so I can make the OP real epic. If HTML5 is allowed I can make animations and maybe javascript interactivities.

The site has some HTML options. It's powered by vbulletin, as you can see at the bottom of the page. That might tell you which type of HTML coding you can use, by looking up the HTML coding that vbulletin uses.

[HTML ]But, [/ HTML] YES, HTML is an option. [PH P] PHP is too,[/PH P]

Even [CODE ] CODE is. [/C ODE]

You enjoy this stuff, don't you? :)

Post some cool WMA series pictures! I need some for my post!

You guys PM me your action photos from a W.M.A. series race to be the photo of the week. See 2nd post for complete details.

WMA Time Trials thread

Yes, that's right, a Time Trials thread. :) Every two weeks, a new car & track combination will be chosen, coinciding with upcoming or past WMA events, etc.

Any WMA member is allowed to request a Time Trial. Requesting Time Trials should be done in the Time Trials thread.

The first two weeks have already been decided, BUT after the fourth week, the requests will be fine.

Anyways, check it out. It's an easy way to have a fun competition in the WMA, without fear of penalties, Leaderboard implications, or anything else.

The one thing, though: only one car and track per two weeks! Don't request two or more cars, or two or more tracks.

Indeed, I'm not running with the Tier system. All mention of the Tier system has been "eliminated." I focus on lower tier racing, but, I have nothing against the FGT series and so forth also existing in WMA competition.

^^ basically, if you want to run a "higher" class of drivers in your series you can use the handicap board as a point of reference for allowing people to join your series, for example, if your running the FGT series then you can give prioritize spots for people with lower numeric handicaps then if there are still spots open you can give them out according to the next lowest handicap, thus being able to prevent greenhorns going straight into a series well out of their expected talent,

Well, you don't have to run the WMA points directly. You can run whichever points system you want, then send Dave a PM with the link to the results for that weekend, and he'll do the rest.

^^ and guys, for me to calculate an accurate handicap I need finishing results not culmative round points finishing positions, otherwise my calculations will be incorrect, the easiest way is for you to pm me the results directly so I can update the the leader board as fast as possible,

I'll get you the results of the first 2 continental races. Expect a pm soon.

And maybe we should wait for some series until their new season. Example: don't include ITCC season 1 in this. Just because... I dont think it makes much sense to implement it with.... 1 round left...

Ok guys, its the 1st of september, handicaps are up on post 4 on the OP, 30 days to improve lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back