::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 4 | German GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 236 comments
Ok so just to make this perfectly clear for me here on the West coast. The connect time will be noon (12:00) PST [GMT -8]? In this:
gen_img.php

many hours?

Please confirm roger tango roger copy

Also, why have I noticed just now that you have ALF inside your helmet...

Negative corporate.
We are 8 hour away from the connect time.
Please confirm you understood the message.
Roger out.

:dopey:

Yes Kamy is correct.

Warez, you're an hour off. Nevada is now in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) which is GMT -7. Your connect time is at 1:00pm for you today.

Your timer is off by an hour BTW, I hope no one follows it (at least they'd be an hour early, rather than an hour late)

Ok so to be perfectly correct for my time zone on the West coast of the United States of Americans (PDT GMT -7) it will be this
gen_img.php

many hours to connect time.

Thanks guys, gosh is time confusing!

@Imari: it's not Alf, it's Alfonso 👍

Need help to improve my lap time (personal best at 1:35.xxx, open lobby). Anybody kind enough to comment on my set up and suggest a better way to improve my car's performance? Im sure a beginner like me is no threat to you guys if you share your tune set up with me.:)

I have a setup very similar to this one found at the Avid Racing Factory forum

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06

Aerodynamics: 34 / 54
Initial Torque: -- / 34
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 18
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 22
Ride Height: -10 / -8
Spring Rate: 17.4 / 16.8
Extension: 8 / 7
Compression: 7 / 6
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.6 / 2.2
Toe Angle: -0.06 / 0.12
Brake Balance: 7 / 5

Doct, I feel that my lap time significantly benefited with this set up compared with the default set up.

*On a side note, this tune was setup for the RX-7 with full Stage 3 turbo and engine kit (460HP and 318 ft-lb torque). I'm curious whether or not this is an optimal set up as our RX-7 engines are no where near this powerful.

My 1st guess would be to alter the LSD settings (leaving everything else the same), but I have trouble "tuning in" the LSD

I was wondering if anyone else had insight into this.

try to make the downforce 35 60/max.
i run with more brake balance to the rear because i like the back end oversteer a bit. but i have not been practicing much on gp/d maybe 10 laps or so:)

As it looks for now, D2 will be 4 GT300's, and D1 will be 8 GT500's and 7 GT300's..

GT500

D1.1. 1:26.754* - JPzer - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D1.2. 1:27.355* - chorda - Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
D1.3. 1:27.549* - Paginas - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS GT-R
D1.4. 1:27.929* - Wardez - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D1.5. 1:27.960* - OwensRacing - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
D1.6. 1:31.811* - M4Hwheel - Lexus ENEOS SC430
D1.7. 1:46.438* - Nycrom - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
D1.8. -:--.--- - KOCAADAM - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430

GT300

D1.1. 1:31.097* - Moleman - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.2. 1:31.460* - KamyKaze1098 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D1.3. 1:31.994* - Neomone - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
D1.4. 1:32.647* - SteelToedSloth - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.5. 1:33.614* - maximus254 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
D1.6. 1:33.876* - HortusIX - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
D1.7. 1:34.015* - Shrugging_Atlas - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA

D2.1. 1:49.999* - Tem120 - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.2. -:--.--- - Doctsuru_69 - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.3. -:--.--- - GTP_Senninha - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.4. -:--.--- - GTP_african_cat - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D2.5.
D2.6.
D2.7.

My 1st guess would be to alter the LSD settings (leaving everything else the same), but I have trouble "tuning in" the LSD

I was wondering if anyone else had insight into this

initial regulates how readily the LSD is engaged and both the acceleration and the braking elements determine how much freedom is given to the independent rotation of the axles... that's my understanding of it but this website explains it quite well

BTW, i have a practice room open

Room number: 1472-6118-4216-8213-8506

Doct, I feel that my lap time significantly benefited with this set up compared with the default set up.

That's quite a major change, don't have time to practice with that set-up as of now. But thanks anyway, i'll give it a try after the race (hopefully if i'll be able to join). :)

I think what competizione suggested regarding downforce helped a lot. Two hours ago, I made minor adjustment on the specs I posted and my lap time improved by 2-3 seconds (RH 10/10, and downforce 35/60). 👍

It's 12am Saturday here in the Philippines (4 hrs to connect time), I need to sleep now so I can wake up at 4am. Thanks guys! 👍

initial regulates how readily the LSD is engaged and both the acceleration and the braking elements determine how much freedom is given to the independent rotation of the axles... that's my understanding of it but this website explains it quite well

Interesting info, I'll read it tomorrow. 👍👍👍
zzzz...

try to make the downforce 35 60/max.
i run with more brake balance to the rear because i like the back end oversteer a bit. but i have not been practicing much on gp/d maybe 10 laps or so:)

That's a pretty ghetto way of getting the back to oversteer. :sly:

I prefer a bit of oversteer too, and I find that lowering the rear of the car by one or two millimetres usually does the trick. It's more predictable, and as your tyres wear out and you start to understeer you can then use the brake bias to give yourself more oversteer. I usually reduce the rear downforce a little just to let the back of the car slide sideways a bit in fast corners too.

GUYS!!!

I can't host D1... Got some family business to take care of.

Sorry for the short notice, but there is nothing I can do..

You should find a ost for D1 a.s.a.p..

Sorry again.

GUYS!!!

Sorry again.

Don't worry mate, we'll sort something out. Hope it's nothing serious.

GUYS!!!

Sorry again.

Hope everything is ok and nothing too serious....

and yes as imari said dont worry we will get things sorted :)

It's nothing serious, but none the less important..
Thanks for your concern guys.

Hope you'll have a great race! 👍

I felt I had a pretty good chance of a win for once.. So I'm extremeley dissapointed..

GT500

D1.1. 1:26.754* - JPzer - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D1.2. 1:27.549* - Paginas - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS GT-R
D1.3. 1:27.929* - Wardez - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D1.4. 1:27.960* - OwensRacing - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
D1.5. 1:46.438* - Nycrom - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
D1.6. -:--.--- - KOCAADAM - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430

GT300

D1.1. 1:31.097* - Moleman - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.2. 1:31.460* - KamyKaze1098 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D1.3. 1:31.994* - Neomone - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
D1.4. 1:32.647* - SteelToedSloth - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.5. 1:33.614* - maximus254 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
D1.6. 1:33.876* - HortusIX - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
D1.7. 1:34.015* - Shrugging_Atlas - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA

D2.1. 1:49.999* - Tem120 - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.2. -:--.--- - Doctsuru_69 - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.3. -:--.--- - GTP_Senninha - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.4. -:--.--- - GTP_african_cat - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D2.5.
D2.6.
D2.7.

EDIT

right people that can host... owens has done it before plus HortusIX did it last week anyone else?

Also at the moment there are only 6 GT500 and 11 GT300
im thinking of a few ideas at the moment:
1. We seperate the classes so there is a room for gt500 and another room for gt300 E.g Last week at monaco
2. There are only 17 drivers signed up this week so if someone doesnt turn up we can have 16 cars in 1 lobby

any ideas?

Last edited:
1. We seperate the classes so there is a room for gt500 and another room for gt300 E.g Last week at monaco
What is the point of this? D1 and D2 you need 2 rooms. GT500 and GT300 separate you still need 2 rooms. Don't get me wrong I'd prefer all races to run SAME CLASS but making last minute changes for just one race doesn't seem right. If we run SAME CLASS here then let's just run same class everywhere.

I'd go with D1 and D2 initially as this was supposed to be a D1&D2 race to begin with. If D1 doesn't fill up (chances are it won't) then D2 drivers advance to D1 as usual.

2. There are only 17 drivers signed up this week so if someone doesnt turn up we can have 16 cars in 1 lobby

This.

We cross our fingers that someone has one too many donuts and can't get off the couch to turn the PS3 on, or whoever is at the bottom misses out. Note that whoever's at the bottom should still get points as long as they rock up, they just get a lonely/no race. If somehow a few more people turn up in the next hour, we can look at running two rooms.

None of this dividing the rooms by class stuff. We've been through all this, we don't need another argument over it an hour before the race.

Ten bucks says that having one division won't be a problem. Everyone just turn up for the race, and if we end up with one extra person we'll deal with it.

i see Paginas original point to have a 2 room same class race in order for everyone to be included. I know the same class thing is a touchy subject, but under the circumstances it should be considered.

It would be lousy to leave 3 guys racing in one room( gt300 div 2) when this option is available.

I will drop out in order for this to become possible.

Right its going to be MIXED CLASS

Im opening a room now just to get everyone into a lobby, not really happy for hosting the race but let just see how it goes

room lobby number

1472 - 6118 - 4216 - 8213 - 9090

i see Paginas original point to have a 2 room same class race in order for everyone to be included. I know the same class thing is a touchy subject, but under the circumstances it should be considered.

It would be lousy to leave 3 guys racing in one room( gt300 div 2) when this option is available.

I will drop out in order for this to become possible.

Get in there Kat. I bet you someone else doesn't show up. If we end up with one too many people, I'll send my flying monkeys around to service your cars for a week as compensation for your time.

Get in there Kat. I bet you someone else doesn't show up. If we end up with one too many people, I'll send my flying monkeys around to service your cars for a week as compensation for your time.

sounds like a good deal, can i just have them come around mine and serice my car?

we afre missing:

GTP_african_cat, Doctsuru_69 and Tem120

please join the room quickly

we afre missing:

GTP_african_cat, Doctsuru_69 and Tem120

please join the room quickly

I hate my iphone! My alarm didn't sound. I just woke up.

Edit: got disconnected twice. Dnt wait for me.
Can't connect, dn't know how to solve the problem

Last edited:
When reviewing lap one, please notice that I caused preventable damage on the first turn, because of gross negligence and penalize me.

So... how many people tried a 1-stopper only to find it didn't work at all? :sly:

Neo was on my tail and dived into the pits for a 2-stopper, which was sort of my intention, but I was going to pit a lap later than that. I knew he'd pass me in the pits with fresh tyres for a lap before me, so I had two choices: a) Pit next lap, be passed, take it like a man, re-pass on the track - b) Try and be clever, do a 1-stopper and hope I can keep up a quick enough pace.

Yeahhhhh it didn't really work. I wanted to do a 1-stopper so I didn't have to risk a pass. I knew I'd be able to hold it in the lead till after their 2nd stop, so all I wanted was track position to be able to then defend the lead, if I needed to, in the closing laps. Turns out it's actually pretty much impossible to defend when your tyres are totally ruined :P - I had absolutely no hope of defending the position against Senninha, and even less against Neomone - tried defending into the chicane and just couldn't get the car into the corner, so bailed across the geoblock and let Neo take the position, was no point in fighting it.

Congrats Senninha to take the GT300 win though, your pace looked very good.

Back