::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 4 | German GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 236 comments
doctsuru_69
I hate my iphone! My alarm didn't sound. I just woke up.

Edit: got disconnected twice. Dnt wait for me.
Can't connect, dn't know how to solve the problem

List equipment used as well. Type connection and on the PS3 what NAT type.

This should be a good place to start sorting what going on.

Race went well. I did get screwed up in last lap. Thought coming around for last lap was the checkered flag. So played throttle happy in last turn. Stupid move.

Senninha did you get damage in lap 1??
My replay shows you having heavy damage on your left wheel and in the engine. :crazy:

Edit: so does Atlas. Damn game. So flawed.

My replay shows you having heavy damage on your left wheel and in the engine. :crazy:

Yep, the one person whose damage indicator is correct is yours. As far as I can tell, it correctly registers that SOMEONE got damage, it just misassigns who all the time.

well my 1 stop didnt work at all, was way too slow on worn tyres and was no point defending in the last part of race as my tyres were stupidly worn lol.
i dont think il ever be doing a 1 stop again lol. however was a good race hope everyone had a smooth race as it was kinda my 1st time hosting a race with quiet a few people in it....

Best Lap Times:

• Nycrom: 1:26.443
  • JPzer: 1:26.561
  • Wardez: 1:26.854
  • Paginas: 1:27.035
  • OwensRacing: 1:27.805
  • KOCAADAM: 1:30.175
========================

• Kamykaze1098: 1:30.612
  • GTP_Senninha: 1:30.892
  • Neomone: 1:30.894
  • Moleman: 1:31.204
  • Shrugging_Atlas: 1:32.360
  • maximus254: 1:33.969

I can't believe how close Senninha and I were, that's ridiculous.

Best Lap Times:

• Nycrom: 1:26.443
  • JPzer: 1:26.561
  • Wardez: 1:26.854
  • Paginas: 1:27.035
  • OwensRacing: 1:27.805
  • KOCAADAM: 1:30.175
========================

• Kamykaze1098: 1:30.612
  • GTP_Senninha: 1:30.892
  • Neomone: 1:30.894
  • Moleman: 1:31.204
  • Shrugging_Atlas: 1:32.360
  • maximus254: 1:33.969

I can't believe how close Senninha and I were, that's ridiculous.
i schould have pushed more after second pitstop so i could have got fastest time but good job from kamy. btw we are very close :)

I blame traffic and a rubbish 1-stop strategy for my rubbish lap times :P

(Actually I was just slow today, nevermind!)

damnit I missed this .. i'm sorry a friend needed my help and had to go out at 3 thought I'd be back intime and got back now..

At least i did the best lap after the start of the race i had. :ill:
Amd mole i was more than 35 secs behind you after my pit stop at lap 1 and ended less than 20 secs behind you, so you were being to agressive on the first laps with the tires maybe??

I know i was more carefull in my first stint and didn't have too much problems, but in the second i pushed a little harder, manage to put some 4 or 5 laps in sec 30, and by the end of the race my tires were gone. Strugle a lot in last 3 or 4 laps.

Last edited:

At least i did the best lap after the start of the race i had. :ill:
Amd mole i was more than 35 secs behind you after my pit stop at lap 1 and ended less than 20 secs behind you, so you were being to agressive on the first laps with the tires maybe??

I know i was more carefull in my first stint and didn't have too much problems, but in the second i pushed a little harder, manage to put some 4 or 5 laps in sec 30, and by the end of the race my tires were gone. Strugle a lot in last 3 or 4 laps.

I lost a lot of time with traffic - as in, cars passing me. Had a small coming together with Owens where I let him back past again which cost me 6 seconds on that lap alone, but I felt it was only fair to do so. Traffic and that coming together were on key laps, like just after the pit stop - so instead of doing my fastest laps of the race, I actually did some of my slowest.

What strategy did you do though? I did a 1-stopper and my tyres were totally ruined by the end of each stint. That's where a lot of my time was lost - if I did a 2-stopper then I would have probably been in with a chance of the win, but pace dropped off a lot more than I anticipated on a 1-stop. Around lap 18 I was 2 seconds off ultimate pace, which was workable, but around 20-23 it rose to 4-5 seconds which was too much, as my tyres were totally gone - the front tyres only just had a visible amount of tread left on them, like a few millimetres on the graphic. If you caught me by 15 seconds when on the same strategy then I probably have something big to worry about :P

I think I was burning my tyres up quite a lot more than anyone else though, I'm usually quite hard and late on the braking which showed up with tyre wear in Monaco and a bit more here - on more open circuits it's less noticeable. I don't know if you can see other people's tyre marks on the circuit properly online, but if you saw a huge amount of black lines through the apex of Turn 3, then that was me. :\

I think the RX7 or maybe my setup eats the front tyres a lot worse than the other cars/setups though - will try and compare my tyre wear to Senninha's later to see how he coped. Certainly at this race and at Monaco I managed to pull out a bit of a lead, only for Neomone to pull it back again as my tyres started to wear down and his didn't. Maybe I have to try a less aggressive setup.

Tbh next time I'm just going to play it safe and do a 12 stop strategy. I recommend everyone else does the same.

Last edited:
Pit strategy from JPzer ;)

basicly, from my rule of thumbs, i lose 1 sec per 5 lap.. (for a normal track 3-4 kms)

and 1 pit stop = 25 sec~

every one is suppose to do 1 stop so..

- 1 stop strategie means that you pit at lap 23 (23 lap per pit)

(0 sec*5)+(1 sec*5)+(2sec*5)+(3sec*5)+(4sec*3) * 2 = 84 seconds off pace

- 2 stop strategie means that you pit at lap 16 and 31 (15 laps per pit)

((0 sec*5)+(1 sec*5)+(2sec*5) )*3 + 25 = 70 sec off pace

- 3 stop strategie means that you pit at lap 11,23,35 (11 laps per pits)

((0 sec*5)+(1 sec*5)+(2sec*1))*4 + (25*2) = 78 sec off pace

so as you can see the best strategie in this case was 2 stops

This equation is very very simplified, the tire wear vs lap time function is most likly not linear.. that would explain partially why I gained about 40~ sec instead of 14 sec on paginas/nycrom.

JP

Last edited:
Race strategy from JP ;)

During a race, especially if you are not in front (first,second or third), battling with some one for a position early in the race is very bad.

There is few reason for this.

- The first one, and ovious one, its risky.. every pass is risky and you can lose the race because of one bad move..

- The second one, not as ovious but as important is that you lose time by battling.. you lose up to 2 sec per lap, while the guys in front are making distance with you, being more and more difficult to cath them later on.

Now, you could say : Well, if i am quicker then the guy in front of me, why should i not pass him ?

Excellent question, if you are actually quicker go ahead and pass him..

Eazy way to know if you are faster is that you will be able/in position to pass right after a corner.

If the guy in front is faster, you will be able to pass only before a corner after a stretch.

So if I knew that the guy in front of me is faster* then me i would let him be and get towed by him, doing the same lap time as he. Which is benefical for both of us.

* this might change during the race. The guy might not be as good as you with worn tires, his setup might be much more agressive then yours so is tires wear more quickly.. the guy might just not be a strong mentaly.. etc etc etc

I would really start battling only in the last 5 laps for his position.

That was my two cents about race strategy

JP

Last edited:
List equipment used as well. Type connection and on the PS3 what NAT type.

This should be a good place to start sorting what going on.

I changed my connection to wired, and i was able to watch the race without dc problem. I was supposed to connect my ethernet wire prior to connection time but i woke up late. Im NAT2 btw.

@ Mole
I did a 2 stops strategy, with the benefits if 1.
I had to pit at the end of lap 1, so i only pitted one more time. My tires were in the middle if tire wear graphic i think. A little less in second stint.
In the 1st i was smother, while in the 2nd, after realizing i wouldn't gain more positions, as other people were 1 pit stop too, i pushed for best lap for around 5 laps. Destroyed the tires.

Race strategy from JP ;)

During a race, especially if you are not in front (first,second or third), battling with some one for a position early in the race is very bad.

That was my two cents about race strategy

JP

That's why i like this forum coz i learn a lot by just reading the different opinions from you guys. I hope i can join soon so i can apply what i've learned here. 👍

I had no damage whatsoever from start until lap 21.

I was on a 1 stop strategy which I believe was correct for my driving style but unfortunately had to make my stop earlier than planned due to circumstances beyond my control. I never had less than 40% left on my tires.

Jpzer wrote:
"This equation is very very simplified, the tire wear vs lap time function is most likly not linear.. that would explain partially why I gained about 40~ sec instead of 14 sec on paginas/nycrom."

After the incident between jpzer and wardez, I was for 16 laps with Paginas, our pace was pretty good, and we had a great time, at around 16 laps I decided to make my first pit stop, my strategy was to do 2 pit stop, but at around 21 lap I had a problem lapping a group of 3 cars GT300. I have a misunderstanding with Imari and hit him at RTL curve and I seriously damaged my Lexus, and a bit Imari Toyota.
I driven very slowly for few kilometers I had to change strategy in 3 pit stop. before my accident I had 7 / 8 sec lead over Jpzer, then I lost some time to complete my lap(engine failure) and then if we add a pit stop in more than you can understand the end result of a 25sec gap.
2 pit was the best strategy yesterday, unfortunately more things can happen during a race.
Anyway great race, and well done Jp!

Mostly just so stewards know: I am unable to be of any use for discussions this week as I'm literally heading out the front door now, won't be back till Sunday evening. Back to normality and able to discuss steward decisions properly as of next weekend :)

(Racing karts this weekend, you can follow my progress on my facebook page in my sig, wink wink nudge nudge >_>)

Mostly just so stewards know: I am unable to be of any use for discussions this week as I'm literally heading out the front door now, won't be back till Sunday evening. Back to normality and able to discuss steward decisions properly as of next weekend :)

(Racing karts this weekend, you can follow my progress on my facebook page in my sig, wink wink nudge nudge >_>)

good luck irl with the go cart:)

Something doesn't seem right with the number of laps in this table. I'm pretty sure I did the same # of laps as all the GT300 cars, none of them lapped me. Also the race was set for 46 laps total so how could anyone do 47?

My bad. Edited.
If something else is wrong feel free to tell me gents.

I thank you all for this great race.. Even though it was my first time racing with no aids and only Racing Hard tires I almost finished the race with you fast guys :) I did crash my car ones and did like 25 spin outs but it was worth the fun...

Great racing from all of you..

Thread for round 5 up..

I'll keep this one open, so that Masi can update anything if he wants to.

Seemed like you guys had a pretty good race after all. 👍

Can a steward send all data from race 4 to me and Masi_23 as soon as all incidents are delt with?

Thread for round 5 up..

I'll keep this one open, so that Masi can update anything if he wants to.

Seemed like you guys had a pretty good race after all. 👍

Can a steward send all data from race 4 to me and Masi_23 as soon as all incidents are delt with?

i just got in from a day out, i will try go through on incidents tomorrow so hopefully i will have all data for you early next week :sly:

Back