::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 3 | French GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 285 comments
First stint was really close - Pulled a 6s gap on Neomone, but his Celica held tyres much better than my RX7 (either that or I sucked on old tyres), meaning by my first stop he had just passed me for the lead into La Rascasse. Could see the gap coming down all the time but there was nothing I could do, tyres were ruined. What happened to you Neo? Were you going to do a 1-stop, or did you pit to cover me off?

I came out of the pits behind I think Kamy and Sloth, when I actually needed free air to push, if you were doing a 1-stopper, so I thought my race was going to be ruined - then you came out of the pitlane behind me next time around, so all was good :D :sly:

Was going to do a 2-stopper (well, was aiming for 1-stop but there was no way my tyres would have managed it), but increased it to a 3-stopper when I think Neomone had some problems, to make sure I was safe for tyres and didn't have to run on old rubber at any time.

All in all, had no problems - lapping people was very easy, thanks guys - except I managed to crash my car at the final corner on the last lap, the only crash I had all race, haha :D - still, won by a fair margin and was good fun, thanks all 👍

Oh sorry, before any incidents are spoken about - remember that if you want to report an incident from the race, you must PM a Steward about it within 24 hours from now - stating the lap and brief overview of what happened - if you bring it up in the topic it will be null and void, kthx!

i think Neomone had a coming together with Scanny_Flick at the first corner...

No, it was something else. More detail after I've watched the replay and decided whether to report it or not. The first corner spin was entirely my own mistake because I was frustrated.

Oh sorry, before any incidents are spoken about - remember that if you want to report an incident from the race, you must PM a Steward about it within 24 hours from now - stating the lap and brief overview of what happened - if you bring it up in the topic it will be null and void, kthx!

good point. thanks

did anybody save the replay of the race?

i've got it but not sure how to forward it on to others i.e. the stewards

good point. thanks

did anybody save the replay of the race?

i've got it but not sure how to forward it on to others i.e. the stewards

dont worry mole and imari were in your race so they can deal with it! (im sure they saved it)

No, it was something else. More detail after I've watched the replay and decided whether to report it or not. The first corner spin was entirely my own mistake because I was frustrated.

ok, sorry to jump the gun there.

i remember looking back as i went up the hill but i didn't see very clearly what had happened...i actually thought you were coming up to lap us at the time

also, sorry for becoming slightly irate during the start procedure... i was unsure of how to handle the situation when we needed to restart because of mass connection problems.

if i ever host again i'll do a better job

also, sorry for becoming slightly irate during the start procedure... i was unsure of how to handle the situation when we needed to restart because of mass connection problems.

lol how did it go, did any1 get d/c during race?

gt500 race was good no d/c's only 1 problem but i wont get into it in public :grumpy: lol

I didn't notice any irateness, although I couldn't hear you on the mic at all. I thought you did a good job, especially with the restart.

I didn't notice any irateness, although I couldn't hear you on the mic at all. I thought you did a good job, especially with the restart.

thanks

lol how did it go, did any1 get d/c during race?

gt500 race was good no d/c's only 1 problem but i wont get into it in public :grumpy: lol

unfortunately, some people were having difficulties seeing everybody on track so we had to restart on the formation lap.

Yes so long as you are in control of the car - erratic movement from side to side would be being not in control imo - at a circuit like Monaco that can be devastating for anyone behind you.

Andil
Yes so long as you are in control of the car - erratic movement from side to side would be being not in control imo - at a circuit like Monaco that can be devastating for anyone behind you.

Ok. Thanks. In last laps i had some minor damage and was prepared to let steel past me, as soon as he made a move. Did'n need to as i lost control of my car and spun my wheels. :sly:

Ok. Thanks. In last laps i had some minor damage and was prepared to let steel past me, as soon as he made a move. Did'n need to as i lost control of my car and spun my wheels. :sly:

Kamy, you were driving fine. I could see that you were a little loose, nothing sporatic. I was just looking for a safe location to pass as I knew you were hurting.

Good racing Kamy, congrats to Moleman for the win, and thank you HortusIX for hosting... we all really appreciate it!

I was able to keep her for a while laps with minor damage.
So long in fact, that I wasn't used to driving without the car leaning to the left.

tentative for GT300

i have to leave the house, sorry i couldn't clean it up more

name total best lap
1 moleman 1:16:27.274 1:36.271
2 steeltoedsloth 1:17:13.235 +45.961 1:38.422
3 kamykaze1098 1:17:26.382 +59.108 1:38.420
4 Shruggin_Atlas 1:17:29.198 +1:01.924 1:39.025
5 neomone 1:18:05.418 +1:38.144 1:37.502
6 HortusIX 1:18:26.179 +1:58.898 1:39.461
7 maximus254 1:18:41.456 +2:14.182 1:38.166
8 scanny_Flik 1:18:58.430 +2.31.152 1:39.084
9 Jav1225678 -1 lap 1:39.680
10 donoman3000 <10 laps

damn, it looks so much better before it actually posted, i really gonna run though, sorry

I was pretty nervous going into this race but it turned out to be my best race of the season so far and the most exciting, too! 👍 I had decent race pace after a poor qualifier so I had to work for it.... A few laps after the start I caught up to Hortus and spent some time waiting for him to make a mistake but it wasn't happening so I pushed hard and made the pass on the brakes into the chicane. Then Scanny_Flick pitted just in front of me for repairs. Kamy and Sloth were running about 8 seconds ahead - I had a lot of catching up to do!

By lap 13 I reduced the gap to 3 sec and I could see Kamy desperately trying to find a way around Sloth who was probably running with damage. Sloth eventually pitted and I was holding tight onto Kamy's rear bumper. Then on lap 16 or 17 Mole comes out of the pits right behind me and is really pushy. I know he's faster but I'm faster than Kamy and at the same time we're all racing for the lead! So going up the hill I come out of the slipstream and dive in on the inside of Kamy while Mole takes the outside and takes both of us. UNBELIEAVABLE. Who knew you can go 3 wide in Monaco and not get damage?

I built a 2s gap on Kamy. He pits one lap earlier than me and somehow manages to come out in front of me after we both completed our only pitstop. We both got stuck behind Hortus until he made his pitstop. Then I just settled in my rhythm trying to keep Kamy in sight, waiting for the tires to wear out and hopefully make a move in the closing laps. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Sloth having made his 2nd pitstop started catching me fast, passed me and then while trying to stay with him I made my only mistake in the whole race and hit the wall 6 laps from finish. Finished 2.7 sec off the podium behind Kamy who also had damage in the closing laps.

Still an awesome race for me. 👍 Wish all races were SAME CLASS. Sigh.

why leave, whats the point! i wouldnt really care but when you overtake me and then for the next 2 laps HOLD ME UP while your spinning about and the LEAVE, i dont understand?

Crashed 7 times, I was not prepaired to carry on as I have to get up early this morning I would of continued if I was pertforming better. Didn't know I held you up at all. I am unfortunately pondering whether I should continue, as I am not able to compete at the nurburgring due to a 3 day race weekend.

Crashed 7 times, I was not prepaired to carry on as I have to get up early this morning I would of continued if I was pertforming better. Didn't know I held you up at all. I am unfortunately pondering whether I should continue, as I am not able to compete at the nurburgring due to a 3 day race weekend.

That's called rage-quitting, and it's something we've worked pretty hard to try and discourage.

When you come to a race, we'd hope that you'd be willing to see it through to the end no matter the result. Good racing is the key, not the position you finish in. If you have real life things that interfere with that, like getting up early the next day, you might want to consider skipping that week and leaving the track to people who are able to dedicate the time to finishing the race.

I do see your point, but I can only drop 2 rounds which is why I did last night and not able to do the next. I do accept what I did wasn't right but I have had moments like that before.

By lap 13 I reduced the gap to 3 sec and I could see Kamy desperately trying to find a way around Sloth who was probably running with damage. Sloth eventually pitted and I was holding tight onto Kamy's rear bumper. Then on lap 16 or 17 Mole comes out of the pits right behind me and is really pushy. I know he's faster but I'm faster than Kamy and at the same time we're all racing for the lead! So going up the hill I come out of the slipstream and dive in on the inside of Kamy while Mole takes the outside and takes both of us. UNBELIEAVABLE. Who knew you can go 3 wide in Monaco and not get damage?

Haha, that was an awesome moment, I couldn't believe it worked. Sorry for the lap before, I was trying hard to make a quick pass on the fresh tyres so I was quite aggressive, but no contact (well, I think I was sat on your bumper through the tunnel but y'know :P) - thought Neo was doing a 1-stopper so coming out of the pits behind you two was the worst thing for me - till he came out behind you guys too, woo.

Back