::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 5 | United States GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 182 comments
Who is host for GT500? I need to add that person on PSN.

As already stated, I'll host the GT500 room (it's in the OP, post 1.). No nee for friend requests since all official events is held in an open lobby.

I'll post the roomnumber in a minute here and also in the OP. 👍

Open lobby? Why?

P.s Hard Tyres were ok, until I realized I didnt have Real grip on -_- now, i dont understand at all lol

Gonna have to withdraw from this. Sry, cant do Hard Tyres. I will stay in touch to possibly watch races though

grafpt
Gonna have to withdraw from this. Sry, cant do Hard Tyres. I will stay in touch to possibly watch races though

If you happen to watch the next. PLEASE do not type anything in the text box. It is very very distracting.

Heck it's like testing and driving but with my phone I can turn it off, I can't turn that chat box off.

Thank you, also don't give up on the tires. IMHO it is what separates the men from the boys. While I like softs, they kinda like hero tires. Any can be fast with them. So forgiving.

CONGRATULATIONS to Wardez! ! ! It was nice to see that flag get the win at Indy. Was really hoping for a podium, bit 4th makes more then happy. One stop strategy worked this time. :)

CaptainFalcon89
What have I got to do to have a decent race, I have no idea...

I seen that mess Falcon. Felt bad for some of you in that. Exactly why I stayed back and rode out the storm.

Thank you, also don't give up on the tires. IMHO it is what separates the men from the boys. While I like softs, they kinda like hero tires. Any can be fast with them. So forgiving.

Each tyre has its own type of skill involved. That's not a great way to compare them. But to each his own.

Good race in GT300 for the top three. Neo, Senninha and Myself all did a 1-stop strategy, nose to tail for the first 17-18 laps swapping position all over the place, very good fun.

Unfortunately the pit stops separated us out, putting a gap of about 4-5 seconds between each car. Senninha was in front, I was the one in the middle and Neo beind. I thought about dropping back towards Neomone to allow us to work together with slipstream to catch Senninha, but in the end went for just pushing as hard as I could to try and get the gap down a bit. From there the gap ranged every lap between 3.8 seconds and 6 seconds but was stable for the most part. I think we could have been going all day and that gap would never have changed.

Congrats to Senninha for the win - how were your tyres on the 1-stop? Mine were absolutely ruined by the last 2-3 laps of each stint. I wanted to do a 2-stopper but the huge pitlane at Indy would mean you'd lose too much time, and when you're in a pack and benefiting from the slipstream, you can't be quicker on your own.

Good race in GT300 for the top three. Neo, Senninha and Myself all did a 1-stop strategy, nose to tail for the first 17-18 laps swapping position all over the place, very good fun.

Unfortunately the pit stops separated us out, putting a gap of about 4-5 seconds between each car. Senninha was in front, I was the one in the middle and Neo beind. I thought about dropping back towards Neomone to allow us to work together with slipstream to catch Senninha, but in the end went for just pushing as hard as I could to try and get the gap down a bit. From there the gap ranged every lap between 3.8 seconds and 6 seconds but was stable for the most part. I think we could have been going all day and that gap would never have changed.

Congrats to Senninha for the win - how were your tyres on the 1-stop? Mine were absolutely ruined by the last 2-3 laps of each stint. I wanted to do a 2-stopper but the huge pitlane at Indy would mean you'd lose too much time, and when you're in a pack and benefiting from the slipstream, you can't be quicker on your own.

Great to hear race went well.

Real nice race, even though i came last hahaha, buut i have 3 excuses!:P
-top speed limited to 174, and i'd hit that even without drafting, so drafting would send me back down to 169
-being a pit addict, yep i was in the pits like every 8 laps because i'd be sliding eveeerywhere
-its hard to work my ipod, and race at the same time!xD

but seriously though, for the first 7-8 laps when i actually fought with others, it was pretty awesome. definitly going to be signing up to fuji next week!

Looks like it was a good race for most but for some reason I can't catch a break on this track:irked: First 10 laps were fun, was leading the 2nd group, then it all fell apart in turn one...

Not sure if it was the damage or the rage but my driving became horrible, bad lap times, even a spin :banghead: Had to bite the bullet and do the extra pitstop, take a few deep breaths and start over...

Gonna have to practice driving with damage, it's different but often required...

thx btw my front tyres had some ligth blue left maybe 1/4 and my back tyres was even better so from i got into the 36s i stayed there for very long:) and the first stint was so fun got damage when my sppedercable fall out sorry

Bah, ok, I think mine were much worse then. Last 2-3 laps of each stint I was down to about 1/8 of a tyre and into 1:38s - before that was running in 35s and 36s comfortably. And I did wonder about that really slow corner exit of yours, now it makes sense :P

I just had the most epic of races with Chorda. Me and him in 2nd and 3rd with JP far ahead.

The first 19 laps I decided to adapt my strategy since me and Denilson were able to break free of the pack around 6 laps in. I kept a steady shadow on him and the big draft on straight definitely helped me catch back up at times.

I decided I didn't want to really race him, but try to conserve my position a bit and, in the process, my tires while we raced on. When I qualified I heard him say that he was going to test an 18 lap strategy which would be a pretty gainy 1 stop method so I decided to follow him into that method and hope for the best.

Dennis is one of the most consistent drivers I've ever raced with so that made it a little simple for me to follow closely while I trusted he wouldn't make any erratic movement. If you watch the replay (which I'll record and upload to youtube soon) you'll see that there were times that we were bumper to bumper under braking. That's one of the funnest things to do in racing for me :)

Anyway, while all this was going on, JP was just getting farther away, we were a good 45 seconds behind.

So again, with the 18 lap stint I was sure Dennis was gonna make I set myself to enter the pits behind him so I could be as close as possible on entry. But things didn't exactly pan out like that... he kept going. Which was surprising a bit, but I played along and chased. After lap 17 went by, 18, 19 did too, so then I thought " IS he going to pit?"

On lap 19( at least I think it was 19, might've been a bit later) we had Joshua join us right out of the pits behind us with fresh tires which worried me. Just imagine me breaking one of those little Anime sweats " +" and Dennis giving a sly smirk when he saw that. We knew he'd be able to get through us on dead tires. But we pressed on and I hoped for the best (again).

I'd just like to commend Josh at this point in the story because he really played it clean and didn't dive bomb us when he could have, so thanks for that Josh, you really made the race great for us.

But he wasn't a pushover either so on the lap that Dennis finally decided to pit, he passed me on the small straight before the last turn.
We passed JP while he did his first stop of two during the last few laps before our pit.
I didn't know if Deni was gonna pit at that point yet so I hoped I wouldn't have to get around Josh to pit behind him. But I think he might've done some improvisation on his strategy when he saw me get passed (an opportunist - methinks) and jetted over to the pit lane. I, sticking to the little voices in my head, barked and dive bombed in after him.

This was a smart move on Dennis's part as it brought the pit drive gap more open between us so he could get a better launch on me off the pits.

JP passed us while we were in the pits and put himself in 1st again.
We got our new tires and took off again, I set off about a second behind his Motul GT-R but luckily with no traffic on-coming.

I put on my chase again and tried for my life to catch up so I could stay with Dennis to the end. He hit some traffic himself so I was able to scurry up and nestle myself comfortably in his draft cell.

I decided to put a little more pressure on him this time. On fresh tires and a strong mind I put it to him and went inside, outside, upside, everywhere to try and throw him off. But he's cold and calculating... like a autómata as the Swedish might say. He wasn't having it, so I pushed and overtook him a few times just to have him gain position over me yet again.

We passed JP when he was in the pits for his second stop somewhere there in.
This kept on for at least 12 laps till I settles a bit since my tires were wearing down and I decided to go back to my strategy from the first stint: follow closely - don't crash.

Then I could maybe, just maybe, stay behind him until the very end and overtake him right before the finish line for a glorious finale.

But no, nope no niet. Then came the monster, JP, the red faced Canadian awesomeness that came gunning for us two in front. Lap after lap he would be closing the gap down further and further. -20.000 . -18.000 . -17.000 .

'twas scary but I just kept scratching on, harassing Chorda's rear end as best as I could.

JP caught us up around lap 33 and with 4 laps to go, me and Dennis were absolutely on edge.

I passed up Chorda on the straight and put a little extra gusto into my turns (on the edge really, 'cause our tires were decimated again) to try my best to pull at least 1.5 seconds on him. Dennis got caught up battling with JP for a while so I was able to slightly pull away, then they'd slightly catch up over and over again. It was very tense, those few last laps.

Then came the time, JP passed Dennis and I was left all alone to face this menace. This Phantom Menace with a leaf tattoo.

Lap 35 + 1.200 seconds
Lap 36 + .800 seconds
Finish line .064 seconds

I won my home GP in a red car.

Thank's everyone, great race.

With designnsight's running commentary, as you say, the last 4-5 laps really did seem pretty epic at the front of the pack. well deserved win though!

Yeah, I now have another reason to hate GT5. We were all running close for 18 laps, and then the pit stop spread us all 3-4 seconds apart and spoiled it, even though we were still running equivalent times for those last 18 laps.

What irritates me even more is that GT5 decided to drop me down to third, even though I came into the pit in second. I don't want to belittle what Senninha and Moleman did, they drove fast and clean for 36 laps and deserve the results that they got. It just irritates the crap out of me when the game arbitrarily decides that it's going to drop me back a position, and in such a way that leaves me no real way of regaining it unless one of my opponents makes a fatal error.

Roll on the 29th of March, I say.

That nastiness aside, the first 18 laps were brilliant. Wheel to wheel for 18 laps, three evenly matched drivers pushing hard but giving each other enough room to work with. Lots of care going into the first corner, it was really great. Best racing I've had since Spec Miata.

was a great race at the front, i messed up big time giving wardez a nice big love bite at the start (sorry dude) then my car felt good even with a little bit of damage so i carried on untill the tyres was worn a little bit, and that was it the car was all over the place so i had to pit early...

after that it was just to keep good pace, which i did but it wasnt good enough.

well done wardez chorda JP and owens, you all done well

plus everyone else :)

felt sorry for nycrom as he got d/c :nervous:

Back