::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 5 | United States GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 182 comments
Here again posting as I like something here.:) (Don´t
really know what part...). But as I said earlier, I could ask
for permission to come back if I found the Rules&Regulations more interresting...

To Andil---> Its 2 different cases when You drive with Heavy
Damage in a slow GT300, than with a
fast GT500 with Racing Hards.....

If You want to keep Heavy Damage and try to simulate Real life, put at least Racing Softs in the GT500 cars....

Fastest lap in Suzuka in Real life is a 1´49.xxx, think youre
maybe 8-10 secs off that time with Your hard tires.

My 2 cents, sorry, I take my jacket and...

Maybe so, but the difference in pace between a GT500 and GT300, including grip levels and braking points, will be dangerous. At the moment GT300s are about 5 seconds slower per lap - if you're talking about GT500s on soft tyres being 8-10 seconds per lap then that's going to be more like 13-15 seconds per lap faster than a GT300. Soft tyres = much higher cornering speeds and much later braking points. Same tyres = more or less the same cornering speeds and braking points for each class, making it a lot safer and much more predictable - people have enough trouble lapping GT300s without bringing in multiple braking points and cornering speeds into the equation.

I can see where you're coming from in regards to trying to keep close to real life laptimes, but it would just be a mess.

Last edited:
I wouldn't add money in for the sake of pulling in extra drivers. You won't like the drivers that you attract by that method.

I could see in season three or something once we've got a solid community of guys who have been racing together for a long time and know each other, how adding money could spice it up a bit though.

sorry ive been watching a film, didnt realise the time

quali lobby is up

1472 - 6681 - 3630 - 4567 - 6024

plus i will read up on all these posts that have happend over the last few hours WOW alot of reading.....

Last edited:
I wouldn't add money in for the sake of pulling in extra drivers. You won't like the drivers that you attract by that method.

I could see in season three or something once we've got a solid community of guys who have been racing together for a long time and know each other, how adding money could spice it up a bit though.
I totally agree. 👍

i'll just add my thoughts -

it's just an idea, but how about the money came from a registration fee as opposed to a wager. all the drivers could pay, say, £5 to register and all the money collected could go into a pot for the eventual top three.

it might (or might not) mean that those who were participating would be committed to the series, having had to pay for entry in the first place.
(i know that this actually might turn people away though, too)

I agree and disagree to most of what Moieman wrote or to put it differently .... People have different taste.

The good thing is that there are several racing leagues on GTPlanet and other places so there is no problem finding racing within the rules of your liking. Personally I like the rules of the Euro GT500 series and "Nissman's" GT500 league with increadibly skilled drivers, many on Tony1311's level for you who raced with him.

As I stated in my other post, in my view WSGTC aim to simulate reality with all the good and the bad that comes with it.

Single Class/Multi Class - The series was started as multi-class, so everyone who signed up to this series was aware of that. Complaints about it later are a bit strange, because it's all there to see in black and white in the OP.

I didn't like the mixed start business from the very start but I entered the series with an open mind thinking maybe I'd learn to like it. The opposite happened. I TOTALLY HATE MIXED CLASS. I will probably finish out this season but I will not run next season if this series remains mixed class. I don't mean this as a threat or whining, it's a decision I've made some time ago and I'm just stating it publicly. The pros of same class racing by far outweigh the cons for me, I'm not going to repeat them all...they were all posted already.

I can understand that racing with a grid of 14-16 of the same class is enjoyable, but does it bring closer racing, really? Take Monaco which was a single class race for example; I had a battle with Neomone, and only Neomone. Then look at the Nurburgring race just gone - I had a battle with Neomone, and only Neomone. So, more competition? Yes. Closer racing? I don't see it.

Really? Come on man this is just not true. First of all, the most spectacular pass of the whole season (you passing Kamy and Atlas) came in Monaco BECAUSE IT WAS A SAME CLASS RACE. And it was racing for position. None of it would have happened if it was a MIXED CLASS race as I almost certainly would've run in D2. But consistent driving and a 1 stop strategy earned me a solid 4th.

Next, GP/D had no D2 so it was effectively same class, too. And didn't you have a battle with Senninha who came from last place on the grid, passed you on track? He would have been in D2 if GP/D was a true MIXED CLASS race.

You may not realize it but even if you've got the fastest pace you are losing out on some great racing action by running with only 7 other cars instead of 15. And the last guy in D1 and 1st guy in D2 are losing out doubly as they can't have a race with each other. In my mind racing is not equivalent to a 40 lap time trial. MIXED CLASS often does feel like one.

Heavy damage - I like it! Prevents silly moves.
On the matter of prize money, I don't like it for reasons already stated.
Ballast - might make it more fun if the top 2 drivers in standings ran with extra 50/25 kg for example.

Last edited:
Really? Come on man this is just not true. First of all, the most spectacular pass of the whole season (you passing Kamy and Atlas) came in Monaco BECAUSE IT WAS A SAME CLASS RACE. And it was racing for position. None if it would have happened if it was a MIXED CLASS race as I almost certainly would've run in D2. But consistent driving and a 1 stop strategy earned me a solid 4th.

Fair point, I didn't realise you qualified in 8th (and therefore would have been Div2) :P

That is one positive I guess, but my main concern with splitting into GT500 + GT300 in Season 2 is that the series will become split into two separate championships because neither result would bear any relation to the other. I don't think that decision is down to any steward though, that would have to be down to Masi as it's his series.

If we only have 16 people between two divisions, do we run a single race for the both of them despite it being a same class race week? Because that's what it's looking like right about now, with a few hours to go until Q deadline.

People that are not in the series, thanks for your input but I think we'll carry on with what we have, thanks. You have your series that you set up in a way that you like, we have ours that we set up in a way we like. As it should be, if all racing series were the same then it would be boring. If someone wants to race same class every week, I'll gladly recommend they talk to you.

Until then, I'd appreciate it if you didn't come in here and stir up dissent. Certain aspects of the rules are what they are, and definitely won't be changing mid-season. Have a little respect, and let us run our series the way we want to.

i see no reason in puttin it into a mixed class if there is only 16 cars altogether however i think this week we have more people turning up to race which is good....

The quali room is still open, chorda nycrom and wardez were still in there after i left

If we only have 16 people between two divisions, do we run a single race for the both of them despite it being a same class race week? Because that's what it's looking like right about now, with a few hours to go until Q deadline.

People that are not in the series, thanks for your input but I think we'll carry on with what we have, thanks. You have your series that you set up in a way that you like, we have ours that we set up in a way we like. As it should be, if all racing series were the same then it would be boring. If someone wants to race same class every week, I'll gladly recommend they talk to you.

Until then, I'd appreciate it if you didn't come in here and stir up dissent. Certain aspects of the rules are what they are, and definitely won't be changing mid-season. Have a little respect, and let us run our series the way we want to.

👍 👍 👍

I think we could do either way about the same-class issue if less than 17 cars are in the race...

Same class should be fine at Indy.

Just finished quali, sorry Pag!

See you guys soon, I'm off to slavetown(work) 👍

Wardez, what/who is that in the helmet you have on your avatar.

It kinda looks like Alf from that tv show.

OFFICIAL QUALI RESULTS. UNITED STATES GT

GT500

01. 1:29.449* - JPzer - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
02. 1:29.694* - chorda - Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
03. 1:29.789* - Wardez - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
04. 1:29.868* - Paginas - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS GT-R
05. 1:29.946* - nycrom - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
06. 1:30.463* - C-Falcon89 - Honda RAYBRING NSX
07. 1:30.799* - OwensRacing - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
08. 1:33.815* - Joshua1994 - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
09. -:--.--- - GTP_monoha - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
10. -:--.--- - designnsight - Lexus ENEOS SC430

GT300

01. 1:34.523* - GTP_Senninha - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
02. 1:34.902* - Moleman - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
03. 1:35.139* - Neomone - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
04. 1:35.622* - SteelToedSloth - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
05. 1:36.267* - Shrugging_Atlas - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
06. 1:36.470* - Scanny_Flick - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
07. 1:37.619* - HortusIX - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
08. 1:37.700* - maximus254 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
09. -:--.--- - Jav122678 - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
10. -:--.--- - Doctsuru_69 - RE Amemaiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
11. -:--.--- - SupaaKinK - Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP IMPREZA '08
12. -:--.--- - GTP_NJ_CAM - Lexus WEDSPORT IS350

Still spots left. Any official WSGTC driver can enter. First-come-first-serve.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that this race will be a very interresting race !

Let just hope that the first lap will be accident free !

And don't forget that the race starts at 21 GMT (1 hour earlier for the non amerecan's)

JP

I have a strong feeling that this race will be a very interresting race !

Let just hope that the first lap will be accident free !

And don't forget that the race starts at 21 GMT (1 hour earlier for the non amerecan's)

JP

Indeed.. I've just now decided my pit strategy.. Hope it's a good one.. ;)

Yes, and connect time is 20.00 (GMT).

Europe is on daylight savings from this Sunday. So for the Fuji race, all times wil be easier to keep track of. 👍

i'm quit happy with my lap only 3 tenths of my best times, indy is easy to push on i think:) there is much room for mistakes it is most in the 1st sector you need to be precise with your driving i think:)

i'm quit happy with my lap only 3 tenths of my best times, indy is easy to push on i think:) there is much room for mistakes it is most in the 1st sector you need to be precise with your driving i think:)

I'm pretty happy too, usually I feel so much under pressure during the live qualifying sessions, and Im not fast in this track..but maybe I had improve my skill driving here.
Anyway it's amazing see in half second 5 drivers (6 for me cuz Falcon mistaken a very good lap). I can't wait Friday... :)

No, it will not be a "mixed class" race. At the moment we have 9 GT500's and 10 GT300's.. And I got a feeling that we will get one or two more from the "waiting list" during the last hours prior the race.

Latest Posts

Back