World Touring Car 700 - car suggestions?

• Thread starter Neonix1
  • 127 comments
You can detune a Super Formula to 700pp and wipe the floor with everyone šŸ¤£
I'll have to try that ... not sure I have one. I de-tuned the Castrol Toms Supra GR 4 with the power restrictor and ballast. But it reduced the acceleration and top speed. The Audi has fast acceleration and I hit 181+ top speed, which was great.

I'll have to try that ... not sure I have one. I de-tuned the Castrol Toms Supra GR 4 with the power restrictor and ballast. But it reduced the acceleration and top speed. The Audi has fast acceleration and I hit 181+ top speed, which was great.

The super formula tops out at 141 mph but it doesn't matter because it's so much faster in the turns and on braking.

Last edited:
This one is a WTC700 & WGTC 800 killer:

2017 Nissan GT-R. Weight reduction stage 4 (1274kg), height adjustable sports suspension at 120/120, full forcedown F/R, both diffs at 55% accel, 40/60F/R. +900hp maxed. Fast as lightning, wins anything without pitstops included. Gearbox set to: 3.00/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.86 and 3.55 final.

Be shure to have intermediats

Last edited:
Just ran it again to get from silver to gold and absolutely annihilated it in the Swift Gr4. Med RPM turbo and detuned down to 699pp.

It's also very good for the 10 lap WTC700 events in world circuits, in part due to how efficient it is, racing hard will get to the end and with a little bit of management, so will the fuel. Whereas the 458 just drinks it super fast.

Finally got all gold on this championship, albeit I had to turn it down to Easy so I could beat the Nurb in a stock Atenza Gr.4. Absolutely fantastic car, I love it. I'm sure with the big turbo and some further tweaking I could gold this on Hard. Golded it on Normal difficulty but can't seem to place any better than 4th on the Nurb with the stock config. I did put in the fully customizable transmission but only for the final top speed adjustment.

Settings were:
RH tyres
Ride Height 75/95
ARB 6/8
Damping Comp 27/32
Damping Exp 40/40
Freq 3.05/3.05
Camber 3.0/3.0
Toe 0.05/0.15

Diff
Init Torque 5/10
Accel Sens 15/35
Braking Sens /15/20

Downforce 200/240

Transmission set to 260, no further adjustments

Going to try it on Normal now and see if I can finally beat the Nurb.

Last edited:
Tried a couple WTC700 10 lappers, Brands and Redbull Ring. Running Supra GR4 car, added a mid range turbo seeing how much trouble I had with the WTC700 Championship's rubber banding AI. RH tires.

For Brands I gave it a few tries to get feel for fuel consumption and found that with the mid-range you can run fuel at 6(full lean) and with some judicious lift and coast and some short shifting you can stretch the fuel all 10 laps and ended winning by quite a bit. I wonder if you can do the same without mid-range turbo and get the same fuel consumption and lap times(1:33-1:32s)?

For RBR the time I ran it starts to drizzle at lap 5 and started to rain fully at 8 to the end. Ran RH tires again and didn't try to stretch the fuel to the end this time, but ran again fuel map at 5 and 6 when it starts to rain as almost a bit of a traction control. Can run the fuel to end of lap 7, pitted from 5th place for fuel and Intermediates and fell to 11th, then just watch all the AI struggles on whatever tires they took from the pit stop and ended up winning by 15 sec.

Tried the 10 lappers at Laguna Seca yesterday. Decided to try a stock GR4 Supra so I went back to normal turbo. Ran the entire race on Fuel map 4, with some amount of lift and coast you can stretch the fuel for the entire distance without needing to pit, on RH tires. I can run a consistent 1:33-1:32 unless hitting stubborn traffic and ended up about 7 sec short of catching the leading Suzuki Swift GR4, which also didn't pit. I think I need to be way better with traffic and consistency to find 7 secs on pure pace. Can go back to try mid-range turbo and lower power map to see if it runs faster laps...

Went back to try the Laguna Seca Race again, used med turbo this time, running map 6, in the end I improved my race time by like 12 sec, the AI went 15 sec faster, still didn't pit....:irked:

Rubberbanding BS is terrible...at this rate I need to go what, 5 sec faster per lap compare to now to account for a pit stop for doing that time? Seems like a dumb way to race...

Last edited:
Went back to try the Laguna Seca Race again, used med turbo this time, running map 6, in the end I improved my race time by like 12 sec, the AI went 15 sec faster, still didn't pit....:irked:

Rubberbanding BS is terrible...at this rate I need to go what, 5 sec faster per lap compare to now to account for a pit stop for doing that time? Seems like a dumb way to race...
I think this specific race was discussed in another thread somewhere. I won it with the Gr.4 Megane Trophy, which is able to no-stop the race.

I attempted the race yesterday with my Aston Martin using the BoP settings from the manufacturers competition. It wasn't better than 3rd place, but I'm confident that with more practice I'll also get 2nd place.
But with so little power and still on RH it's (I think) impossible to win. BUT the race is so extremely fun and tight, challenging and fair.

The Supra Gr.4 with default settings (+RS tyres) did enough to win the first two races, unfortunately the fleshy bit caused failure of the clean sweep after wiping out twice on Nurb :(, Got it the second time though.
Used it again with LSD settings at 10/25/15 for a slightly easier time of it over all three races.

The Genesis G70 Gr.4 was a surprise to me and was a for better option. Only used it stock (with RS Tyres). The 4WD in that thing was spot on for challenging over the bumpy sections.

Used a detuned Supra GT500 '97 Gr.3, just lowered ECU output and the power restrictor, car is pretty much the same as AI in terms of power/top speed but you can brake much later and carry soo much corner speed

Last edited:

It's not rubber banding. You're just getting your ass kicked. Map 6 is way too low to ever win a race in that car.

What car?

I used the Gr4 86 w/turbo upgrade (can't remember which) and ran fuel level 5 & 6 most of the race. Didn't have to pit, caught and passed the Swift Gr4 on the last lap and won easily. By the time I caught him, he was going very slow (probably managing at that point?). Regardless, drove right passed.

I made my own fairness and binned the Suzuki on my pit lap, used a Megane trophy, medium tyres, medium turbo, de tuned to meet regulations, fuel 1, pit once

Last edited:
Any idea what laptime I'd need to do?
On another race I finished like 30s behind number one. Got my lap times way better to the effect of doing the same race like 40s quicker, so I was thinking : "cool with my new pace it will be a no brainer to win" alas, AI number one was much faster the next time I tried, and he won by less than 10s despite my total time was strictly inferior to his total lap time on the first race. He's total time was like 15s better than the first race we had, and mine was like 35-40s better. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

On another race I finished like 30s behind number one. Got my lap times way better to the effect of doing the same race like 40s quicker, so I was thinking : "cool with my new pace it will be a no brainer to win" alas, AI number one was much faster the next time I tried, and he won by less than 10s despite my total time was strictly inferior to his total lap time on the first race. He's total time was like 15s better than the first race we had, and mine was like 35-40s better. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
This was basically my issue, I ran a stock car got 6 sec short and I ran a race with more power and went 2-3 sec a lap faster and still 6 sec short.

If thats not rubber banding I don't know what is.

This was basically my issue, I ran a stock car got 6 sec short and I ran a race with more power and went 2-3 sec a lap faster and still 6 sec short.

If thats not rubber banding I don't know what is.

If you have a big lead there is no need to push and chance a mistake. Every race driver knows this. The AI is basically saving their fuel and tires and avoiding spin outs.They also run different cars and race strategies so you could have gotten unlucky. Your time refueling or changing tires can also come into play.

Last edited:
Back