WSC V - Yera Wins Final PT Race, Lout Steals GT Class At Spa!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,366 comments
  • 73,651 views
I'm surprised the lead GT guys only went 9 laps down too, was expecting a lot more
 
I'm surprised the lead GT guys only went 9 laps down too, was expecting a lot more

I think the PT class was slowed down a bit more by the overtaking than the GT class in its average pace. Difference was 10 sec. in qualifying, but probably only about 8-9 in race.
 
I think the PT class was slowed down a bit more by the overtaking than the GT class in its average pace. Difference was 10 sec. in qualifying, but probably only about 8-9 in race.

Good point actually, GT's seemed just as fast around the tighter corners too.
 
Good point actually, GT's seemed just as fast around the tighter corners too.

At lease The Ring will let the PT and GT drivers get on with their own race for most of the time.
 
At lease The Ring will let the PT and GT drivers get on with their own race for most of the time.

When I was chatting to Furi last night we worked out GT's will probably only go 2 laps down (I think) so yeah It'll be nice to only have to worry about what's in front for a change haha
 
When I was chatting to Furi last night we worked out GT's will probably only go 2 laps down (I think) so yeah It'll be nice to only have to worry about what's in front for a change haha

Sounds about right. Maybe even only 1 lap. I guess it depends on the weather. Difference between PT and GT should be less in rain, shouldn't it...? (GT's being easier to drive and once on the same tyres)
 
Sounds about right. Maybe even only 1 lap. I guess it depends on the weather. Difference between PT and GT should be less in rain, shouldn't it...? (GT's being easier to drive and once on the same tyres)

erm... I think so? The speed gap will definitely be smaller in the rain.]

Depends if the PT guys have many accidents too.
 
Last edited:
Gap between PT and GT is generally halved in wet. PT struggle to turn in and can't put power down.
 
I do believe I took fastest lap Furi by 3 hundredths
 
Will look again. I can confirm WSC VI, the sixth season of the World Sportscar Championship, incorporating the 8th Le Mans Classic, will be September through to november with a seven week schedule.
 
Will look again. I can confirm WSC VI, the sixth season of the World Sportscar Championship, incorporating the 8th Le Mans Classic, will be September through to november with a seven week schedule.

That will keep us busy on a Sunday 👍
 
Good to hear! Shotgun Alpine too (providing it stays)
 
Nothing new expected much, but maybe a GT class trimming slightly.
 
Nothing new expected much, but maybe a GT class trimming slightly.

I want to be a PT driver next season (you read it here first so remember :sly:)

Maybe remove one GT car. I think the Stratos.
 
Will this continue on GT6 or will you kill it off in search of another adventure?
 
If Furi doesn't want to run it, I'd happily take the reins and run it :D :sly:
 
It would be sad if this didn't continue, specially with the Dino Ferrari for GT,
 
And the Daytona coupe/Ford GT40
 
WSC is in GT6. Perhaps expanding to two championships.
 
I predict the series splitting. A separate PT and GT racing series. Well I'm staying in the Corvette next season too if it stays.
 
I predict the series splitting. A separate PT and GT championship. Well I'm staying in the Corvette next season too if it stays.

Kinda half right there. Next season (last on GT5) will retain current format however.
 


Because I love you all - poster for next season's Rolex.
 


Because I love you all - poster for next season's Rolex.

Whose's headlight is photobombing me?

And BTW next season I'll be switching to GT class, especifically to Alpine (if it stays in the roster)...
 
Sad to see you go Yera! Does that mean there will still be three jag spots next season?
 
Back