WTC 600 World Touring Car 600

• Thread starter goon_g77
  • 153 comments
Reviving an old post. I redoing all of the menus after starting a new account for PSVR2. I'm also doing everything on hard setting this time round. Up to the WTC 600 everything has been pretty easy so far but this one is stumping me. RBR in the rain, sometimes torrential and sometimes light I am finding surprisingly hard. I've yet to win it. I don't want to cheat by going to normal or, dare I say it, easy level so I'm seeking hints.

A lot has changed with physics since this post was last discussed now that we are on 1.50. The AI still seems to be massively advantaged here. They accelerate faster than my cars and seemingly defy wet weather rules and still corner as if on velco. The only way to pass is to out brake them, which they continue to be terrible at. My best place so far is 2nd.

What cars should I be looking at that actually has the acceleration to keep up with the AI on hard and can still be controlled in full wet weather?

Reviving an old post. I redoing all of the menus after starting a new account for PSVR2. I'm also doing everything on hard setting this time round. Up to the WTC 600 everything has been pretty easy so far but this one is stumping me. RBR in the rain, sometimes torrential and sometimes light I am finding surprisingly hard. I've yet to win it. I don't want to cheat by going to normal or, dare I say it, easy level so I'm seeking hints.

A lot has changed with physics since this post was last discussed now that we are on 1.50. The AI still seems to be massively advantaged here. They accelerate faster than my cars and seemingly defy wet weather rules and still corner as if on velco. The only way to pass is to out brake them, which they continue to be terrible at. My best place so far is 2nd.

What cars should I be looking at that actually has the acceleration to keep up with the AI on hard and can still be controlled in full wet weather?
It's been a while since I've raced here. I'd need to give this a look. These are my assumptions:

The PP system still favors engine swapped cars. Regardless, you'll need to strategically add ballast to your cars (and position it properly) to game the PP system. Typically, I add 140~170kg. IMO, Racing Brakes are almost never worth the PP penalty in this class.

- Praiano's Mustang Boss can deliver maximum punishment
  • The V8 swapped Miata WILL overpower everyone, and has surprisingly good handling
  • The Group C swapped GT-Rs (R32-R34) should be viable
  • The Subaru Impreza Rally Car has MASSIVE acceleration with the low RPM turbo. Wonky handling though
  • The Jaguar XJ220 is VERY quick stock and arguably doesn't need suspension upgrades
  • The Aston Martin VGT may still be brokenly quick. Not sure if it has been nerfed. Note: you must short shift this car

I assume RBR is a power track, so you'll need a tune that would do well at the Tokyo 600pp grind race. Alternatively, you can try running an Intermediate Tire build for the whole race - I don't remember if those races had noticeable tire wear. The wet will be less annoying, but you'll be down on power.

It's been a while since I've raced here. I'd need to give this a look. These are my assumptions:

The PP system still favors engine swapped cars. Regardless, you'll need to strategically add ballast to your cars (and position it properly) to game the PP system. Typically, I add 140~170kg. IMO, Racing Brakes are almost never worth the PP penalty in this class.

- Praiano's Mustang Boss can deliver maximum punishment
  • The V8 swapped Miata WILL overpower everyone, and has surprisingly good handling
  • The Group C swapped GT-Rs (R32-R34) should be viable
  • The Subaru Impreza Rally Car has MASSIVE acceleration with the low RPM turbo. Wonky handling though
  • The Jaguar XJ220 is VERY quick stock and arguably doesn't need suspension upgrades
  • The Aston Martin VGT may still be brokenly quick. Not sure if it has been nerfed. Note: you must short shift this car

I assume RBR is a power track, so you'll need a tune that would do well at the Tokyo 600pp grind race. Alternatively, you can try running an Intermediate Tire build for the whole race - I don't remember if those races had noticeable tire wear. The wet will be less annoying, but you'll be down on power.
Thank you. That Mustang is truly the boss.

It took a few tries to figure out how to drive it with out doing 180s in the wet but once I did it had the grunt I needed.

It also works surprisingly well at Suzuka and Dragon Trail.

Last edited:
Thank you. That Mustang is truly the boss.

It took a few tries to figure out how to drive it with out doing 180s in the wet but once I did it had the grunt I needed.

It also works surprisingly well at Suzuka and Dragon Trail.
Yeah that mustang is savage.
I used tune from praiano. It was tge only car I could get first place on road atlanta weekly race a couple of weeks ago... on Hard.

Back