Xbox Game Pass is Changing, and Prices Rise Again

• Thread starter Famine
  • 19 comments
Just like Sony now
AFAIK, Sony doesn't give day one to its titles and games like S.t.a.l.k.e.r 2. CoDBO6 + Stalker 2 alone makes this 75$ yearly deal worth it.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Game Pass for a while but ditched it a couple of years ago. Too many indie walking simulators and first person shooters, too few racers or proper AAA titles. I still think it's a great idea.

AFAIK, Sony doesn't give day one to its titles and games like S.t.a.l.k.e.r 2. CoDBO6 + Stalker 2 alone makes this 75$ yearly deal worth it.
The $75 per year tier is Game Pass Core (previously Xbox Live Gold), which includes none of those games or the vast majority of Game Pass games for that matter. It has a selection of like 30 games from GP.

I cancelled mine a couple weeks ago, don't miss it. I hate the XBOX software and game store, etc.. Uninstalled it from my PC, it's terrible in several ways. Didn't play enough of the games on there or they were duplicates of other games I have on Steam or PSN or other places. It used to be a lot cheaper too.

I took advantage of a free offer when I got my Xbox. Even the base version at £6.99 works out at £83.88 per year. A lot more than PSN plus. The all you can eat version gives you loads of games, but how can you play them all? Most players go to school or work, then there's homework or chores to do back at home. You're left with prime time. With today's always online games as a service how many can you possibly play? For me it was an easy no thanks.

I took advantage of a free offer when I got my Xbox. Even the base version at £6.99 works out at £83.88 per year. A lot more than PSN plus. The all you can eat version gives you loads of games, but how can you play them all? Most players go to school or work, then there's homework or chores to do back at home. You're left with prime time. With today's always online games as a service how many can you possibly play? For me it was an easy no thanks.
I mean.. you just don't? Even if I played just 3-5 games a year it at least made it worth it. I feel like that's easy enough to accomplish as a person that works at least 45-50 hours a week.

However, the longer you're on these services the less selection you have over time as I feel like, eventually, you just run out of options.

Last edited:
the price hike sucks but im still getting my moneys worth. been playing tons of indie games i wouldnt have tried otherwise. Maybe not for everyone tho

If bare necessities are that much of an issue, it's likely you shouldn't be near gaming in general and have other priorities to focus on. At that rate, video game prices likely wouldn't be on your radar at all.
Firstly I was being facetious, secondly, nowhere did I say it was an issue. A question was asked and an answer provided.

Firstly I was being facetious, secondly, nowhere did I say it was an issue. A question was asked and an answer provided.
I'm aware, just really didn't make sense as a response. Just like you though, an opinion was posted and a response was made. Though im not exactly sure why that would have to be pointed out on a public forum open for discussion, should be obvious.

Either way, my post was a general statement, not really directed at you specifically.

Last edited:
Dumped my PS Plus subscription for the first time ever when they bumped the annual price from NZ$80 (or $90?) to NZ$120 or so, so if my Xbox Live Core (aka Gold) goes over $100/$110 then i'll be dumping that permanently too.

My wife let her Xbox sub end years ago, and more recently also dropped her PS Plus subscription due to the price.

We both gamed a lot online in the past but with two kids under three now money is tight and so is time, so we don't miss online gaming that much. Never subbed to Game Pass or the PS equivalent as we prefer to own games rather than 'rent' them.

Back