Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,414 comments
As a track converter, I use object-inspector ALOT. I am NOT experiencing any issues selecting objects using CSP 2.5p1

some notes about default obj-insp behavior:
1. 3d trees are NOT selectable
2. invisible objects, like track collision walls will block the ability to select items (just as in ksEditor)

Alternate ways to view track objects:
1. use 3dsimed
2. convert the track to .fbx and load it in ksEditor

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yep, that did the trick... now Objects Inspector works fine. Unfortunately my CSP is back to Vanilla so I'm going to have to figure out what was causing this to begin with -- but THANK YOU for this helpful tip as I can now use this trick to troubleshoot all sorts of problems. :D
This has solved strange problems for me a couple of times as well. Probably a clever thing to do from time to time when updating CSP, even before problems arise.

Hopefully, someone will have the answer to my problem with CM that started recently. Every time I open CM, it always starts reduced in size instead of full screen like it used to before.
Finally, after much checking/unchecking boxes, I stumbled upon the answer to my problem. Unchecking the 'Do not interfere with windows' location and size' resolved the issue of CM not opening to full screen on startup.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
shi
Greek Island (by @carTOON ) sea fix + more
View attachment 1378743
For CSP users

Separated the ocean from the island and applied CSP Water Shader to the ocean. (greek_island_land.kn5)
Added VAO-patch.
Adjusted brightness of trees in ext_config.ini.
Fixed missing shadows in ext_config.ini.
Included logo.png by @Fanapryde .
Included RainFX by @Quikslvr .
Looks good mate, thanks on behalf of the community... if there is a final, finished, no longer modded CSP sometime in the future, maybe I'll use it... but I hope AC 2 is released by then and it will be.

shi
Tamiami Park v1.2
View attachment 1247699
A temporary street circuit in Tamiami Park a small outdoor sports facility in the nearby suburb of University Park. (Florida, USA) (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by AR rFactor Tracks
-Thank you for giving me permission.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
.lua and font by @gunnar333
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Gavin Stewart.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed an issue where cut penalties were being detected in the final corner.
-Renamed the font.
-Updated ai_hints.ini
(Thanks for the report, Manstein1111 and FFF789.)
-Updated ext_config.ini.
(Thanks for the report, slider666.)
-Added cam by DaBaeda.

v1.1 changelog;
-Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
-Fixed semaphore.ini.
-Fixed trees mapping.
-Fixed guardrails that was double-sided. (Guardrails are no longer sticky.)
-Deleted ai_hints.ini.
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Updated camera_facing.ini.
-Changed camera_facing spectators (texture by Kniker97).

v1.2 changelog;

-Fixed billboards mapping.
-Fixed flickering windows.
-Fixed grandstands and trees bright.
(Thanks Mascot for the report.)
-Updated fence texture. (Edited by Mascot.)

Tamiami Park v1.2
The link is in the quote.
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_tamiamipark_6-7-124-18-45-46.jpg

v1.2 changelog;
-Fixed billboards mapping.
-Fixed flickering windows.
-Fixed grandstands and trees bright.
(Thanks Mascot for the report.)
-Updated fence texture. (Edited by Mascot.)

To be honest i don't remember on which tracks i had the issue (first because i did too much config to remember all of them, second because since i noticed the "issue", i keept using the csp which works fine for my needs). Anyway since now many (paid) mods start requires a specific version of CSP (like the new VRC FA) this will force me to update someday to newer version, which means i have to found a solution. I have to update Peter Boese as soon as i can hit my AC-pc
Try setting "General Patch Settings/CPU optimizations.../Chunks optimization" to "Basic"

I don't understand the problems, man... right for me, I have water.
Don't you all hate the AC thing that the same Jedi trick work well with some mods and not with others? It's maddening...
shi
Greek Island (by @carTOON ) sea fix + more...
Thank goodness the Community is amazing...!!!
... thanks on behalf of the community...
Thanks to all of you, who make it possible.

a few moments later.jpg

Checked, all ok now. Thanks @carTOON and @shi...

Screenshot_axfor_camotos_r6_greek_island_6-7-124-19-40-40.jpg

By the way; in case you haven't seen it, please, take a look to this little gem: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/spn-2024.71205/

It has many spectacular graphic details, such as the realism of the track and the piles of tires, but one of the things that has caught my attention the most are the spectators; they are at another level... although I'm afraid that if a track were filled with that type of figures, the fps would suffer a lot...

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with Assetto Corsa loading some cars. I use version CSP 0.2.3 and version of Content Manager 0.8.2663.39678. I've tried changing the version of Content Manager or CSP but I still have the same problem when trying to start with some cars, for example: 992 Cup by Guerrilla Mods and GT3 Cup 2004 by 101 Creative. When I try to load one of these cars, the PC freezes and doesn't load the car into the game. I have no problem with other cars. Does anyone else know what could be causing this?

I'm weird in that I like all my versions of the same track to look similar and it bugged me that Spa 2022 used different tree textures than the stock Kunos version of Spa. So I made some trees skins for Spa 2022 using the tree textures from the original Spa track. One of these will end up being the default tree textures I use the next time I update the track, but first I have to decide which one I like the best. Since I can't decide at the moment, i'm releasing all 4 versions as track skins and if you want to use them, you can pick which you prefer. Or you can edit them to make them more to your liking. These will get extracted directly into the track folder and you can delete the ones you don't need to keep.

Spa_2022 tree track skins
is it possible for you to make the new pyer extension 6.1 compatible with the standalone version of the track?

Another day another problem!
White flag appear and stay from the start to the finish, doesnt matter how many laps...
Trying to race with Crewchief is annoying AF... (White flag... there's the white flag mate...)
Any way to remove the flag warning?

Another day another problem!
White flag appear and stay from the start to the finish, doesnt matter how many laps...
Trying to race with Crewchief is annoying AF... (White flag... there's the white flag mate...)
Any way to remove the flag warning?
Strange... I just tried a race with a grid of ks_abarth500_assetto_corse. No white flag issues, Crew Chief works as usual.
But while trying I got my view blocked by a opaque safety net.
Totally new for me (did about 4000 km with this car without issues and now this...)
How can I fix that ?

ks_abarth500.png

Strange... I just tried a race with a grid of ks_abarth500_assetto_corse. No white flag issues, Crew Chief works as usual.
But while trying I got my view blocked by a opaque safety net.
Totally new for me (did about 4000 km with this car without issues and now this...)
How can I fix that ?

View attachment 1378889
Add this to the ext_config.ini

[SIDE_NET_...]
MESHES = GEO_netSide_SUB0, GEO_netSide_SUB1
TESSELATION = 0
CULL_MODE = NONE

24H
is it possible for you to make the new pyer extension 6.1 compatible with the standalone version of the track?
Already working on it. It's actually done but i'm trying to solve a problem with the sidekick app on the WEC 24H layout. It uses an alternate start point from the other layouts and for some reason sidekick sort of wants to start timing your lap info at the old s/f line point. It eventually synchs up when you cross the new s/f line but there's a small point in the lap when the timing info is off.

Last edited:
X90
Reinstalled Nuzzi's Pit App 2.9 - and everything seems to be working at first glance.

Unfortunately, while the strange auto-activation seems to have stopped, I can confirm that the radio button to "Enable/Disable track physics" surfaces.ini changer is NOT working - even with "Disabled" track physics, I am still checksum-kicked from my server. So whatever is happening, the app is still not reverting the surfaces.ini to its original state properly. So it's still a no from me for now. Deleting.

But, I'm going to sound the bat signal one more time. Someone here must know a solution to the night lighting problem. Below are two fn_bahrain screenshots at night. Notice how the first one has lighting drawn so far in - you can only see 100-200m in front of you. Notice how you can't see the "DHL" wall boards at all in that picture - this is probably ~300-350 meters from T1. The light pop-in is so distracting - I'd love for the draw distance to be tripled at least.

Interestingly, new Pure/CSP lighting means I can actually now clearly see the huge light towers around the circuit OK - and they are emitting light - just not onto the racetrack where it needs to.

If anyone has any ideas here, I'd appreciate it. I've been searching for a solution to this for ages.
Replying to my own post, with some results from hours of sleuthing and testing with ext_config .ini files! I may have found a potential solution after digging through countless posts, Discord convos and the like. Cheers to the CSP Discord for fishing this up.

It seems as if the pervasive "pop-in" issue with bounce lighting sources that is rampant across many night tracks (Bahrain, Reboot Le Mans, Imola, Mugello, etc.) has to do with the total number of dynamic lights allowable by CSP.

See the following link for a convo between LeBluem and Ilja:

x4fab/LeBluem CSP Lights Discussion

The problem seems to be that there are simply too many dynamic light sources at once - as there is a hard cap of 300 dynamic lights currently in CSP (which includes track lights, cockpit lights, brake lights/lights from other cars, etc.). This light cap is because Ilja is using a 32 KB container to tie the light meshes to the pixel shaders - and increasing the size of this container to 64 KB or whatever would have a fairly significant performance impact.

Now, obviously, I'd prefer the performance hit (and can balance it by turning down some ExtraFX/CSP Graphics Settings) to how bad the light pop-in is, but he suggests an alternate solution: "Exclusive" Lights.

I'd never heard of these before or seen them before in any track I've cracked open - essentially, these are lights that "transition" from low-fidelity to high-fidelity at a range specified by the light group in ext_config.ini. The "low-fidelity" is apparently quite low-fidelity, as there's no dynamism to the lit mesh when in this "exclusive" mode - but once the camera gets, say, 500 meters or closer to that light, it smoothly transitions into a normal dynamic bounce light source.

Crucially, lights in "Exclusive Mode" do NOT count against that 300 light cap. Which, in theory, means that distant lights can appear without issue - especially if they are "exclusive" tagged.

Thank you for coming to my esoteric TED Talk on some Assetto Corsa problem that has bugged my ill mind to no end for years. Ilja provides the code for Exclusive Lights in my link above.

TL;DR - if you are making a track with night lighting, whether Reboot Team, or shin, or Fenryr or whomever, please consider giving these Exclusive Lights a try for less important CSP bounce light sources (not emissives). It could drastically reduce this light pop-in - currently the scourge of night racing in AC - for a minimal fidelity impact.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-21-0.png
    Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-21-0.png
    214 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-23-29.png
    Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-23-29.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
By the way; in case you haven't seen it, please, take a look to this little gem: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/spn-2024.71205/

It has many spectacular graphic details, such as the realism of the track and the piles of tires, but one of the things that has caught my attention the most are the spectators; they are at another level... although I'm afraid that if a track were filled with that type of figures, the fps would suffer a lot...
There are only a few, but yes, way better looking than about any spectators I have seen in AC:

spectators.png

Spa 2022 Update

This is my take on the excellent Spa 2022 mod by guigui0256. I cannot stress enough how I take no credit for this what so ever. Please do not give me any credit or thanks for this. I did basically nothing other than fix a couple of technical issues with the treeline lighting and altered a few textures. I realize this is not a cool thing to do to alter someone else's work without permission. I did reach out to the creator awhile back about these issues and he said he was happy with the track so I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong. If he sees this and asks, I will pull it.

The download is rather large because it is a full track folder. I run the track as it's own separate track, not as an addon in the original Kunos Spa folder. Reason being, his extension impacted how the original Spa looked and I didn't want to change that so I made it a separate track. Sorry for the big download.

Spa 2022 Update

Spa 2022 Update to work with original Spa Folder. Won't alter the original track.

Spa 2022 Update for original Spa Folder

The mods have full support for all of Pyyer's Spa F1 and WEC extensions. In order for them to work properly, please follow the directions below.

1.) Install whichever version of the mod you choose to use.

2.) Install Pyyer's Spa extensions into the track folder. Do not drag them into the root 'assettocorsa' folder or they will not get installed to the correct location.

3.) Install the files in the included 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite anything it asks.

View attachment 1205882

Notes:

-- If you want the sound effects back, open up the ext_config file and set the ext_config-audio section at the top to ACTIVE = 1. It does weird things on my system so I had to disable it.
Links for both mods have been updated to new versions. Please read carefully to avoid any issues. Personally, I believe the best version to use is the standalone version to get the best experience. I could do more with it because I didn't have to worry about messing up the original Spa track. Plus, it's easier to get rid of it if you don't like what I did than it is to try and undo things in the original spa folder.

Standalone version:

-- Please delete the old spa_2022 folder first.
-- Full support for all of Pyyer's F1 and WEC 6.1 extensions. Directions on how to make Pyyer's extensions work properly are included.
-- Added a Spa 2013 layout which is nothing more than the original Spa track with my grass, tree and road assets included in the kn5 file. Two reasons for this. One, it makes all the layouts look the same and work with the included track skins. Two, it makes the Pyyer F1 2020 and 2021 extensions work properly because they require the spa.kn5 file be in the track folder and some new entries in the layouts ext_config file.
-- All the layouts include their default ai files. If you have a particular custom ai you like to use, you will need to copy it to this track folder for all layouts.
-- Restored the trees from the Kunos version of Spa simply because I liked them better than guigui's default tree textures.
-- Fixes to the night lights I messed up on my prior versions for the 2022 layout and all of Pyyer's layouts.
-- There may be an issue with the timing on the WEC 24H layout because it uses a different s/f line point. You will still get a correct lap time, but where it begins calculating it is a bit messed up. I'm working on trying to figure it out, but it's not worth holding up the release of this update for that issue.
-- One suggestion I would make is to go into the data folder for all of Pyyer's layouts and delete or rename the lighting.ini file. I don't believe the lighting.ini file uses the correct pitch or sun angle and you'd be better off not using it. But that's your choice.

Spa folder version:

-- Includes all the things in the standalone version update except you might want to skip installing my files for the F1 2020 and 2021 extensions and just use Pyyer's default files. I can't guarantee they will work properly with the stock spa.kn5 file or whatever ext_config file you might already have.

Managing 11 different layouts was kind of confusing so i'm sure I made some mistakes along the way. Please point them out here or via a PM so I can try and fix them. If you have issues getting the Pyyer 6.1 extensions installed, please reach out to me via PM. It's not hard to do, but I can see where it can be confusing if you don't understand folder structures.

Last edited:
Hi,
I just tried the new rally mode in content manager and it works so well (automatic paces notes for rally stages with fast line ai)
that i shared here. it is very nice to rediscover old rally stages
this video gives a good idea

This is my new obsession at the moment. Now if only VRC and RSS were to do something rally-related, that would be super!

Hi,
I just tried the new rally mode in content manager and it works so well (automatic paces notes for rally stages with fast line ai)
that i shared here. it is very nice to rediscover old rally stages
this video gives a good idea

Help please. I have tried the new "Rally Stage" mode yesterday. It did work fine. But now I cannot turn it off anymore! I have pacenotes by the codriver and the onscreen-signs in EVERY mode - including race (even closing CM or turning off the PC didnt help). Has anyone figured out, how to stop that feature?

So a warning to eyerybody: Be careful with this.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back