Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 373 comments
Well take AMS2 for example. Standing starts or rolling starts are smooth and capable. The AI will actually follow your car to stay in the slipstream. So if you go to one side of the track on the straight, it will follow you. They are laterally aware of you and won't just pit maneuver your car out of lack of programmed ability. They will take an inside line to a corner to block which can create nice crossover passes. They are programmed to make mistakes and will give you real cool opportunities to over take. They are completely pit stop aware and pit strategies actually work. In AMS2 we have full course yellow flags with safety cars and the AI will line up nicely and weave to keep tire temps. There are AI files that you can customize and make your own championships with to create a field with key rivals so to speak.
Example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<custom_ai_drivers>
<driver livery_name="Ministry Motorsport #51">
<name>John Smith</name>
<country>USA</country>
<race_skill>0.75</race_skill>
<qualifying_skill>0.823</qualifying_skill>
<aggression>0.3</aggression>
<defending>0.51</defending>
<stamina>0.998</stamina>
<consistency>0.2</consistency>
<start_reactions>0.36</start_reactions>
<wet_skill>0.25</wet_skill>
<tyre_management>0.85</tyre_management>
<fuel_management>0.0</fuel_management>
<blue_flag_conceding>0.53</blue_flag_conceding>
<weather_tyre_changes>0.12</weather_tyre_changes>
<avoidance_of_mistakes>0.39</avoidance_of_mistakes>
<avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>0.69</avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>
<vehicle_reliability>0.847</vehicle_reliability>
</driver>
</custom_ai_drivers>

One thing that they are still working on is blue flag back marker ability. They get out of the way currently but it's not that great. They have more improvements coming in 1.6 as well. This isn't mods, this is just what AMS2 offers. It is well beyond the capabilities of PC2 by far. Reiza has worked wonders with the Madness Engine.

In my opinion, there's not really such thing as general "AC ai" on mods. It all depends on the track ai, individual driver/car settings so much. If you have excellent track ai, you will have a decent ai too (providing you race with CPU drivers with high AI skill level).

I do a lot of old F1 seasons and there are very few issues with pitting. Sure there's some idiotic moves here and there (like cars pitting twice for no reason) but most of the time those are fixable.

You have badly built cars, badly built track ai lines and bad settings, you're going to have a terrible AI.

Sure. AI cars parking after eachother, cars crawling slow endlessly when they have an accident, no blue flag AI intelligence, etc. But those are more like bugs to me that should be corrected.

I drove a full ASR 1991 F1 season recently and had ZERO issues with AI. ZERO. None of those things happened (save the blue flag thing). There are so many variables in the mods. If you overtake cleanly and keep your line, AI is not going to knock you out if you have all around quality evinronment (like those excellent cars and Rainmaker's superb 1988 tracks).

I have managed to fix a lot of issues with SimDream 1982, 1983, 1984 cars but they still drive like maniacs at old Kyalami, Long Beach... but even those are bearable with good settings.

To me, the main priority to fix is the blue flag / qualifying preliminary lap AI driving. That is a HUGE issue. They should give you space, always. It's very unrealistic that blue flagged cars race you normally.

I like AMS1 and AMS2 and I play them occasionally. HUGE respect for them for doing all those vintage F1 seasons (which I love). But AC driving feel and FFB are simply superior to me (at least with F1) and the AC seasons are SO adjustable.

Last edited:
Well take AMS2 for example. Standing starts or rolling starts are smooth and capable. The AI will actually follow your car to stay in the slipstream. So if you go to one side of the track on the straight, it will follow you. They are laterally aware of you and won't just pit maneuver your car out of lack of programmed ability. They will take an inside line to a corner to block which can create nice crossover passes. They are programmed to make mistakes and will give you real cool opportunities to over take. They are completely pit stop aware and pit strategies actually work. In AMS2 we have full course yellow flags with safety cars and the AI will line up nicely and weave to keep tire temps. There are AI files that you can customize and make your own championships with to create a field with key rivals so to speak.
Example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<custom_ai_drivers>
<driver livery_name="Ministry Motorsport #51">
<name>John Smith</name>
<country>USA</country>
<race_skill>0.75</race_skill>
<qualifying_skill>0.823</qualifying_skill>
<aggression>0.3</aggression>
<defending>0.51</defending>
<stamina>0.998</stamina>
<consistency>0.2</consistency>
<start_reactions>0.36</start_reactions>
<wet_skill>0.25</wet_skill>
<tyre_management>0.85</tyre_management>
<fuel_management>0.0</fuel_management>
<blue_flag_conceding>0.53</blue_flag_conceding>
<weather_tyre_changes>0.12</weather_tyre_changes>
<avoidance_of_mistakes>0.39</avoidance_of_mistakes>
<avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>0.69</avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>
<vehicle_reliability>0.847</vehicle_reliability>
</driver>
</custom_ai_drivers>

One thing that they are still working on is blue flag back marker ability. They get out of the way currently but it's not that great. They have more improvements coming in 1.6 as well. This isn't mods, this is just what AMS2 offers. It is well beyond the capabilities of PC2 by far. Reiza has worked wonders with the Madness Engine.
Maybe ams2 will come to console some day, seems a cool sim for sure. They could set a ui menu with these settings to adjust too.

Ac ai at least move much smoother than in pc2 for example.
Anyhow, hope future sims on console too, will have improved ai, all limited to their specific vehicle performance, and good animations, sounds too.

Last edited:
Does any developer have an exclusive licence to defunct WTCC(pre-WTCR renaming)? I know Forza has or had WTCC and BTCC cars, Gran Turismo 4-6 has the one 320i and so does Project Cars also with the one 320i. I can’t recall AC having a WTCC car in the car list. At least for console.

Hoping we’ll see a few WTCC cars in the car list.

zjn
I lost track of what we know for sure by now, especially about thr ps5 release.

Is anyone so kind to refresh my memory?
Thanks
It didn’t even start the early access on PC yet, which was set to release in summer (it’s still summer till 21 of September) , but on consoles it will be released once the game is released officially on PC, and ported by a selected third party dev team, so expect at least 16 months after official PC release to know or see something from the console version

Pretty quiet on their end, I can feel a delay till next year. There's just a real lack of talk or even screen shots of it, I'm not convinced its real yet lol.. I have trust issues, regardless I'm fine with it since the AC community is still banging out great content.

Pretty quiet on their end, I can feel a delay till next year. There's just a real lack of talk or even screen shots of it, I'm not convinced its real yet lol.. I have trust issues, regardless I'm fine with it since the AC community is still banging out great content.
whats this then :D

yeah there might be a delay but i still think early access should be this year on PC

Last edited:
If there is any delay, most likely it will be that the Early Access is not going to release in Summer of this year (there are less than 2 weeks left until Summer ends) and it will come out a little later in 2024.

I've been following the ACEvo SteamDB page a bit and Kunos (or 505) has been making slight changes to the store page in the last weeks, but it doesn't seem like they've uploaded any builds of the game for now.

Last edited:
As I don't have room for a Gran Turismo Simrig as the Playstation is in the tight living room, games like these become more and more interesting to me. An allround racing game with good VR would possibly be an excuse for modernizing my old gaming pc (budget friendly) while hiding a playseat challenge somewhere in the Home-Office.

whats this then :D

yeah there might be a delay but i still think early access should be this year on PC

I don't believe everything Steam says, seen games say 2022, then 2023, then 2024, then screw it! you aint getting it! lol I'm talking about the game called Routine which has been in development hell for over 10 years. Now Its more uncommon for a game to release and actually be finished on time.

Last edited:
That's pretty much Kunos' modus operandi. Whenever they went into silent mode it meant all hands on deck and that they were working like crazy. It's been like that all the years I have followed them on the forums (since 2014-15).
I'm not saying it will not be delayed, but the silence is not a sign of that. Quite the contrary, I would say it's a good sign.

Back