Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

Good maybe, what I understand about this it can be two things, only supporting mods from sites where there is original content as was the case with AC1 (like those mods from Overtake.gg) or implementation of a system that can only have mods through its own platform, like Steamworkshop or something within the game itself (which could be used to not only have everything more controlled but it would be a great system for when you join servers and you not have some mods, the game would download them automatically when you entered the server)

Perhaps it is also a way of having more control so modding can open up for consoles.
Huh - mods on consoles, that would be a cool thing...

"The first Assetto Corsa has gone beyond any possible expectation from any point of view. Not just from a commercial aspect, but also in terms of what people have been able to create through the years and the way we have been able to support it.

We know that there are a lot of expectations, so EVO has been designed to move forward forever, possibly.

We have completely changed the structure, but it is a bit early to go deep on it. There is quite a bit more behind EVO that we will unveil over time.
"

We don't have confirmation, but I think it's hinted at a bit here with also a hint for the release of some official DLC over the future years.
You were correct ;)

There Will proably be less mods, but so many mods is just converted mods, in ac1. The quality control was not exactly great. I am not holding my breath for modding on consoles, their is just no way you can access the game filés like you do on pc.

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong, 100% of the mods created by the "good modders" are race cars. All the road cars in AC1 are basically ports from other games.
That is certainly a bad thing for me personally, unless someone starts creating good quality road cars from scratch or find a workaround.
Not really, on websites like Overtake you have quite a few road cars mods for AC1 completely made from scratch and with tremendous quality and they are free (In fact, one of the most downloaded mods for AC1 on said website is a great pack that adds a few road cars that appeared in the first NFS)

Not really, on websites like Overtake you have quite a few road cars mods for AC1 completely made from scratch and with tremendous quality and they are free (In fact, one of the most downloaded mods for AC1 on said website is a great pack that adds a few road cars that appeared in the first NFS)
NFS cars are indeed great. I was thinking only of VRC/RSS/URD so you're right that there's a few out there, but still the ratio of scratch made road vs race cars favours the latter by far.
If porting from other games becomes not an option, I'm hoping that ratio changes.

If I'm not wrong, 100% of the mods created by the "good modders" are race cars. All the road cars in AC1 are basically ports from other games.
This is not accurate, Modder creating from scratch did create road cars, like the Lamborghini Countach for example or the Shelby Cobra 427 S/C. Same with tracks and that was never an issue with any one, Kunos included.
Modders doing conversions, either from mods or original content in other titles, recent or old, are where the line gets blurred.
The thing is that AC started with a ratio of road cars/race cars, with a lot of player though it had too many for road cars. So the natural tendency was to add what was missing.
the ratio of "ports", has always been in favor of race cars as race cars is what is present in most titles where the cars were "borrowed"

the ratio of "ports", has always been in favor of race cars as race cars is what is present in most titles where the cars were "borrowed"
I think this is actually the complete opposite in AC in particular. In present times, with the likes of Gran Turismo and Forza the amount of road car rips is incredibly high simply because those games have a huge catalog of road cars. Take that away and you only have the occasional mod like the NFS and very few others.
On the other hand, the active groups still creating stuff from scratch (RSS/VRC/URD) all make exclusively race cars.

Now, I do agree that there's a chance that the tendency will be to add what's missing. In that sense, if you have all these groups (I just mentioned) creating race cars, others might step up and start creating road cars to fill the void.....at least that's my hope.

Or best scenario for me, we'll still be able to add rips separately of whatever mod store Kunos is working on. Still very early to say what things will look like

with the likes of Gran Turismo and Forza the amount of road car rips is incredibly high simply because those games have a huge catalog of road cars.
I agree, you are right about GT and FM content but a few years back most of the ports where from RF1, GTR2, and the likes, also a lot of F1, so mostly race cars. For the last 2 years, yes we are flooded with road cars from GT and FM.
Looking at my almost 4000 cars in AC, I would say it’s 85% race cars. Of course, depending on personal affinity, I guess someone else AC would look very different.

Even though I will purchase AC Evo on day one, I don’t expect it to replace my beloved AC any time soon if ever.

Last edited:
I agree, you are right about GT and FM content but a few years back most of the ports where from RF1, GTR2, and the likes, also a lot of F1, so mostly race cars. For the last 2 years, yes we are flooded with road cars from GT and FM.
Looking at my almost 4000 cars in AC, I would say it’s 85% race cars. Of course, depending on personal affinity, I guess someone else AC would look very different.

Even though I will purchase AC Evo on day one, I don’t expect it to replace my beloved AC any time soon if ever.
In my case it's the complete opposite only because of AC's underwhelming AI (which I expect ACE to improve upon).
Whenever I feel like racing, I fire up ACC or rF2 and leave AC for cruising, so my garage looks veeery different with probably 95% road cars.
I'll also be purchasing ACE since day one regardless of the mode situation and not expecting it to replace AC anytime soon either.

In my case it's the complete opposite only because of AC's underwhelming AI (which I expect ACE to improve upon).
Whenever I feel like racing, I fire up ACC or rF2 and leave AC for cruising, so my garage looks very different with probably 95% road cars.
I'll also be purchasing ACE since day one regardless of the mode situation and not expecting it to replace AC anytime soon either.
I find it fascinating how, so many people, like us, enjoy Assetto Corsa, but not for the same reasons.
AC is offering so much that it makes it hard not to like something in AC, maybe a little, maybe a lot.
AI is very subjective, I understand you can prefer an other AI, I also like the AI in ACC but I do not find RF2 AI particularly enjoyable. AC AI, for me, has improved a lot since CSP and the latest versions, also of course, like any AI, track and combo dependent, but overall very entertaining. All that said, to me, AI preference is like color preference, to each their own, even those who despise all AI and only race online.:)
I also enjoy cruising in AC, so many scenic road of very high quality, so spectacular in VR.

Summer ends after mid-September, ACC also had a launch scheduled for Summer in its initial Early Access for Steam and this one came out on September 12, my bet for AC Evo is around the week of September 13 or during the week before or after because of the ACC Steam EA release.

At one point we thought ac evo would release during the summer, i dont think that will be the case now.

Did they ever give us a time frame other than “2024”?

I don’t think so.

Did they ever give us a time frame other than “2024”?

I don’t think so.
In an investor meeting at the beginning of the year Digital Bros said that "Summer 2024" would be the Steam Early Access launch and on the interview with Multiplayer.it Marco confirmed that it was still the goal although a slight delay was possible if necessary for polishing the first EA build of the game and that's why they only put 2024 since the actual announcement of the game.

In an investor meeting at the beginning of the year Digital Bros said that "Summer 2024" would be the Steam Early Access launch and on the interview with Multiplayer.it Marco confirmed that it was still the goal although a slight delay was possible if necessary for polishing the first EA build of the game and that's why they only put 2024 since the actual announcement of the game.
I thought EA = EA Sports for a second and nearly had a heart attack 😨😨

I thought EA = EA Sports for a second and nearly had a heart attack 😨😨

EA is a joke. FIFAs are a joke, F1 series is a joke.

Amazing graphics, amazing presentation, all done well... but there's very little realism or simulation in those games. I wonder why... maybe the general public just want to score six goals in every game with Messi or Ronaldo or drive arcade-like races with their gamepad.

What I always liked about AC is that there are no gimmicks... or stupid missions like GT. You know... drive this Lada 1200S, win the race and you'll get 100 points and graduate to the VW Golf club, etc. That is horrible garbage and should have no place in a driving sim. :D

What i really think any sim lacks including ac, is a proper progression, and for that reason i end up stop playing them quite quickly. And not being optimized well with a controller is also a bit of letdown,

I am still looking forward for ac evo, but it feels more and more like it could get delayed to 2025.

1722387574178.png

Back