Your GT5 custom soundtrack

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 67 comments
Well, we had a wishlist a while ago about what music we wanted in the game. But, now, I think that there's a big chance GT5 will feature a customizable soundtrack, what with all this talk about DLC.

And, if it does, what are the tracks you're definitely putting on it? :dopey:

Mine:

Muse - Map of the Problematique
Muse - Endlessly
Muse - Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
Muse - New Born
Muse - Hoodoo
Muse - City of Delusion
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Feeder - Buck Rogers
JerryC - Canon Rock
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
The Knack - My Sharona
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Golden Earring - Radar Love
AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie

Yep, I'm a gigantic Muse freak. And that's just a fraction of the music I'd put into GT5, but Buck Rogers, Radar Love, and Hoodoo are the three musts :)

What about you guys? 👍

Don't mind some of your tracks EJ.

Personally seeing as a I have a 250gb hard drive, i'd put a few thousand songs in the playlist, and take the car out for a sunday spin with my collection on random. Can't wait will make endurance better if you have your own songs.

Will be an absolute travisty if GT5 doesn't support custom soundtracks!

Just for the sake of picking some songs here's ten I'd have in it:

Oasis - Shock of the lightning
Kaiser Chiefs - Never miss a beat
KOL - Sex on Fire
MGMT - Kids
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Ladyhawke - My Delrium
PNAU - Embrace
Smashing Pumpkins - Tarantula
Crowded House - Mean To Me
Silverchair - Straight Line

I hope we do get to have our own music instead of the tunes supplied with the game. The first thing I do in any game is turn the music off because it is usually about as far removed from my personal taste as it is possible to get. :yuck:

I have a funk and soul playlist running in the background when playing other driving games... think Starsky & Hutch car chase music :D

Among others:-
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead, Trippin Out, Superfly
Booker T & The MG's - Melting Pot, Green Onions
Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band - Apache
Lonnie Liston Smith - Space Lady, Voodoo Woman, Expansions
Brass Construction - Screwed, Sambo, Whats On Your Mind
Fred Wesley & The JB's - Blow Your Head, Doing It to Death
Randy Crawford - Street Life
The Blackbyrds - Blackbyrds Theme, Rock Creek Park, Do It Fluid
Roy Ayers - Aragon, Boogie Back, Fire Weaver, We Live In Brooklyn
Lyn Collins - Think

If thats too mellow then I'd usually load up a DnB mix, usually heavily featuring Bukem, WaxDoctor, PFM, Photek, Source Direct and my own tracks.

Not to sound negative, but my soundtrack would be easy.

All music off, as all GT games I've played.

Anyone else turn the music off?

With the posted soundtracks in this thread, I see a great variety of musical tastes. 👍

No specific tracks for me but will definitely include some music from some of these albums

Ministry of sound Annual 03-06
Ministry of sound Clubbers guide 04-06 & Sessions 1-6
Tiesto - Parade of Athletes
Ministry of sound Anthems 1 and 2
Few other random tracks but a notable one would be
Cardigans - My Favourite Game

With the posted soundtracks in this thread, I see a great variety of musical tastes. 👍

I turn music off on mostly all games. If I want music I turn it on on my computer.

My soundtrack:

The Isness / Otherness album by The Future Sound of London
The Cydonia album by The Orb
All the tracks by the Sabres of Paradise
Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost by Shpongle

And the Top Gear theme song as composed with various engine sounds by James May, although it will have to be quiet, or else I can't hear the revs to change gear. :D

My kind of music doesn't fit well with GT.(Rap and Hip Hop) Anyway I always turn off the music and I let the engine roar. A V8 pushed to its limits is the best music to my ears.

I only turn the music off because I have unusual tastes for a 17 year old... I like traditional Rock 'N' Roll and Rockabilly... LOL
I would use a lot of music from that genre.

Let's see.. soundtrack. Probably something along the lines of Ferrari, BMW, Mitsubishi, Mazda, etc.

I couldn't even tell you what music was in GT4, I never heard it. Whatever music they put in GT5 is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

I only use the music on replays, the tunes on GT4 were good enough for me!!

If im really pushed, id go for..........any of Pink Floyd big guitar songs or maybe some Nightmares on Wax,Carboot Soul would be disc of choice.

I have HUGE HUGE collection of Trance and other Electornic music on my PS3.. I am ready and set. I can do a 3 24 hour races in a row and songs won't repeat!

I've got a whole world of music in my library...22 hours of just Boards of Canada alone...46 days of music in all, lots of which I haven't listened to yet. Would love to just let it all play out at random. Would they really bar us from using our own music for GT5? Seems to me like it goes without saying that they wouldn't do that...

I have HUGE HUGE collection of Trance and other Electornic music on my PS3.. I am ready and set. I can do a 3 24 hour races in a row and songs won't repeat!

Just got me to check exactly how much music I have. 6 days of continuous play :S

Got any Astral Projection?

I really had to Google that one. I am into self consciousness, out of body experience is yet to come ;) is that what you mean? Or some music I never herd before?

Just got me to check exactly how much music I have. 6 days of continuous play :S

HAHA neat, you beat me to it.
I am happy on what I got, I still need some more Drum n Bass music. But all tho I am driving GT5P with music off, or any other racing game. I bet when I will be doing some endurance racing, I will want to turn some music on just not to get too bored.

I really hope PD implements background music just like in Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Just press PS button, the game pauses automatically, and choose any song form HDD, its nice and simple and effective. Also GT5 should have in game music changer Press Start, Options change volumes, music, etc..

HAHA neat, you beat me to it.
I am happy on what I got, I still need some more Drum n Bass music. But all tho I am driving GT5P with music off, or any other racing game. I bet when I will be doing some endurance racing, I will want to turn some music on just not to get too bored.

I am in the exact same situation. Fair enough for most races I probably won't listen to music but when doing endurance races, music will help a bit. Might even use the cockpit view depending how well I'd be going. Or even just when doing some laps to see how a car feels.

Most my music is house... Actually 90% of it is. The rest is some very old trance.

Audioslave - Cochise, Show Me How To Live, Original Fire
Bloc Party - Kreuzberg
Dream Theater - Panic Attack, Constant Motion, A Rite of Pssage
Faith No More - Epic, Everything's Ruined
Foo Fighters - Alone + Easy Target, X-Static, Low, The Pretender
Grinspoon - Kiss It, Chemical Heart
Guns n' Roses - Rocket Queen, Don't Damn Me
Incubus - Nice to Know You, Have Your Ever, Anna Molly Black Heart Inertia
INXS - Suicide Blonde
Kings of Leon- Use Somebody
Kyuss - Green Machine, Hurricane
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way?, Where Are We Runnin' Now?
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fuel, Bad Seed, Minus Human
Muse - Hysteria, Assassin
Pearl Jam - Spin the Black Circle
Powderfinger - Stumblin', Rockin' Rocks, Take Me In
Queens of the Stone Age - Mexicola, Go with the Flow, 3s & 7s
The Raconteurs - Hold Up, Salute Your Solution
Radiohead - Planet Telex, Bodysnatchers
Rage Against the Machine - Guerilla Radio, Street Fighting Man
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fortune Faded, Quixoticelixir, Tuesday Night In Berlin
Silverchair - Israel's Son, One-Way Mule, The Lever
Soundgarden - Let Me Drown, She Likes Surprises, Pretty Noose
Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden, Sex-Type Thing
The Superjesus - Secret Agent Man
Temple of the Dog - Pushin' Forward Back, Your Saviour
U2 - Bullet the Blue Sky, The Fly, Last Night on Earth, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
UNKLE - Lawless
Velvet Revolver - Set Me Free, She Builds Quick Machines, Spay

I'd have to say... Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, Hank Williams (Sr), and Disturbed to add a little spice:D Yes, it is true, I am a closet old country fan (I grow up around it). Songs only on for replays and menus though, as dual trumpets out the back of a car is all I need for racing.

Do you guys find you drive faster with the right music playing in the background? I know I do, the difference compared to driving with no music is remarkable tbh.

Latest Posts

Back