GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,138 comments
Agree, I had some good races early in the week - including one where 9 seconds separated 1st and 13th on the penultimate lap - but there was too much dirty driving, especially just barging past drivers, spinning them out. Last time it happened, I just caught up and took the offender out.

Problem is GT7 gives out real contact penalties (4-5 seconds), but only it seem if you hit the other car in the rear and they end up off track. Any other contact, even one that ruins someone’s race, goes unpunished.
It's a pity, cause the track width allows neck to neck races, when you end up in the right lobby. Today I went "rollercoaster" with my DR due to (not joking) 13 retirements. Back to 3/4 C from 1/3 B and back to B (DS from S to B meanwhile). What I don't really understand is the amount of dive bomb attempts outside the line and the weaving down the straights. I mean, when I look the grid, comparing the gap between my QT and the others, I know that there's no way I can overtake a guy 1 sec faster than me, unless he does a mistake. Even after the mistake the pass should be clean, especially if the guy in front was in pole. Personally, the idea of to ruin the poleman's race (or whoever one) makes me feel ashamed. Beside the wreckage (with some payback, I admit), I loved the kinda flow line like the old Zandvoort of Sardegna (except the last fast left before the last hairpin which is lil tricky). I'm looking forward to see some more daily races there.

Last edited:
I guess I agree.
I love the long Spa race and I’ve raised my DR on both accounts racing there however, it’s a real time commitment. As the week progressed, I found that more often than not, I didn’t have an hour to spend or, that my availability wasn't exactly at the top of the hour.
Realistically, one reason I raised my DR is that half the grid was dropping out.

So, I too, am ready to move on.
Same feelings here. The roulette of what kind of neighbours you're gonna get at Spa, plus the dissatisfying feeling of earning places through attrition means it's an hour commited to something (let's be completely honest here) which has the potential to end up being more boring than a lot of the Single Player events.

Ok, you might have a really good race with cooperative partners. You might even just have a brief battle towards the end, but my overall experience has been either race 'ruined' early, or watching the delta as someone faster than I slowly reels me in because they crashed at the start.

Great idea, average execution.

Great week at Sardegna for me, hope y'all had a good time as well.👍

Bunch of great racing over the weekend. Had a couple not-so-great runs but for the most part I kept my 💩 together, which is refreshing. Was able to snag a win, though, so couldn't be happier...something special about seeing the whole train chasing YOU, lol:

Was having fun at T9 all weekend long. Discovered the outside line makes for a great defensive position through T1 as well:

Hope next week doesn't suck!!😁

:cheers:

Those were some of the best lunch plans EVER, lol. P2/3 Start and P2/2 finish. Woo to the freakin' hoo.

First race was uneventful after lap 1, but was happy to make it through T1. Hit the brakes late and had to dive to avoid making contact. Opened the door and killed speed but was able to hang on 'round the outside:

Second run started with calamity...someone missed their brake marker. Made a mess of the joint but I somehow got through in P2. Was happy to stay there unchallenged the rest of the race. Lookin' like it might be a good weekend!👍

@brockie all good in the hood! The 911 just works for me and I've been finding more and more time in the thing. Was running laps between races and shaved three tenths off. Got three more to go, apparently:
View attachment 1398505

Funny thing? My best lap is exactly your average one. The ideal ones very near, meaning that I've still lot to learn about both Sardegna and the 911. I'm keeping BB at 0 for now. Did manage only 1 victory in DR B among many retirements and other 4 podiums (when demoted in DR C it was mostly pole, going away by 1.5 to 2 sec, and win by margin). Surviving the first half of the lap til the back straight was the trick (in DR B).

Great week at Sardegna for me, hope y'all had a good time as well.👍

Bunch of great racing over the weekend. Had a couple not-so-great runs but for the most part I kept my 💩 together, which is refreshing. Was able to snag a win, though, so couldn't be happier...something special about seeing the whole train chasing YOU, lol:

Was having fun at T9 all weekend long. Discovered the outside line makes for a great defensive position through T1 as well:

Hope next week doesn't suck!!😁

Nice driving sir. Would've liked to see the endings.

Last edited:
I've had the same thing happen to me. I did 4 races on Thursday, and surprised myself with clean race bonuses in 3 of them.

Ran 4 races yesterday, got rammed into the guy in front of me in the first one, 4 seconds penalty and SR down. The next 3 races were all clean, no contact, no track limit penalties, SR down in all of them - now at SR A 🤨

Wonder what today will bring?
Nearly the same, i had one clean race Bonus after the other, than 1 Race SR Down. Next race i was SR.A and it took me another two races , without any noteable action, to get a clean race bonus again.

It definitely feels like something's changed at PD Daily Race Selection HQ lately.

Three race car races again, two weeks in a row without using Gr.4, Gr.1 as one of the shorter races for what I think is the first time ever, using the Nordschleife in dailies instead of just in GTWS, custom slipstream, the seemingly permanent Gr.3 credit bonus...

None of that was happening three months ago.

It definitely feels like something's changed at PD Daily Race Selection HQ lately.

Three race car races again, two weeks in a row without using Gr.4, Gr.1 as one of the shorter races for what I think is the first time ever, using the Nordschleife in dailies instead of just in GTWS, custom slipstream, the seemingly permanent Gr.3 credit bonus...

None of that was happening three months ago.
Indeed there has definitely been some sort of shake up.

As an avid Gr 4 fan it's slightly disappointed however if they are avoiding using them because of how bad the BoP is for them then that makes sense.

I would be extremely curious to see how the user base (the users that prefer A & B) react to this. If positively then we may see more like these events?

Just very weird shake up I feel 🤷‍♂️

Wow, this should definitely be a 5-star week, I've never seen Group 1 cars in the B slots for as long as I've been playing. Sweet!! Yes, Race C was one of the tracks in the Manu cup. I signed a contract with Toyota last night, so now I know. Anyways let me go start qualifying at Watkins. I like how the Gr. 1 cars don't slide at all, but I have to be extra careful and brake early so I don't miss the turn.

Nice start to the week as I called in sick today to run the Nurburgring a few times. Set a decent enough qualy at 8:13:8xx, good enough for pole by 8 seconds for the 7am EDT slot here in North America in a very mixed lobby from C/S to A+/S.

Pretty uneventful run for me as I slowly drew away from the field to bring home victory #10 in Sport mode in GT7. Won by 10 seconds in the end, with a little DR boost. Nice 550,000 credits for my efforts, too.

192af1a3b7c35-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to try race B this week, but how can I stop my wheel from oscillation with this Bugatti? Using DD Pro with standard fanatec settings (which suit me the best overall for road cars and race cars). As it is I can not drive this car and it looks like it is a one-make.

Just watched Tidgneys replay at Watkins

He takes the bus stop flat....this is going to be a really hard race B this week
There's not even any brake markers for it in the Bugatti. I was half-expecting something like that because I remember the Circuit de Sainte-Croix circuit experience in it.

Have been concentrating on iRacing lately as I have been very disillusioned with GT7 ( I did try 1 spa last night but ended up as a pinball and lost my temper and retaliated...promptly went back to the PC 🙈). Anyway, Gr3 at the Ring in VR is heaven for me so I am looking forward to giving it a good go after work. Fingers crossed 🤞 it will be clean enough

Terrible week for me, I hate it when they put group cars on Race A. I look forward to race A being a standard road car race, I think it's a shame when group cars dominate daily races, there should be a mix for all to like.

One of the best weeks I ever had was with Skylines and a like, with modifications allowed and around Deep Forest, this is going back maybe a year. I honestly thought dailies were getting great, just downhill really since.

Just my opinion of course

I’m a simple man, I see Nurburgring 24h daily, I do a quali lap

I don’t know if I’m a bit unusual but I use CSA strong for these gr3 cars in races just to give me a bit more consistency. Plenty of time to gain as I love this track but set a nice time, not sure if I’ll be able to race this week as it’s a bit of a mess home life wise but I’d love to give it a shot.

No rain people say, what about pit stops?

IMG_9484.jpeg
IMG_9485.jpeg

I’m a simple man, I see Nurburgring 24h daily, I do a quali lap

I don’t know if I’m a bit unusual but I use CSA strong for these gr3 cars in races just to give me a bit more consistency. Plenty of time to gain as I love this track but set a nice time, not sure if I’ll be able to race this week as it’s a bit of a mess home life wise but I’d love to give it a shot.

No rain people say, what about pit stops?

View attachment 1399297View attachment 1399298
No pit stop either

Back