GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,082 comments
Agree, I had some good races early in the week - including one where 9 seconds separated 1st and 13th on the penultimate lap - but there was too much dirty driving, especially just barging past drivers, spinning them out. Last time it happened, I just caught up and took the offender out.

Problem is GT7 gives out real contact penalties (4-5 seconds), but only it seem if you hit the other car in the rear and they end up off track. Any other contact, even one that ruins someone’s race, goes unpunished.
It's a pity, cause the track width allows neck to neck races, when you end up in the right lobby. Today I went "rollercoaster" with my DR due to (not joking) 13 retirements. Back to 3/4 C from 1/3 B and back to B (DS from S to B meanwhile). What I don't really understand is the amount of dive bomb attempts outside the line and the weaving down the straits. I mean, when I look the grid, comparing the gap between my QT and the others, I know that there's no way I can overtake a guy 1 sec faster than me, unless he does a mistake. Even after the mistake the pass should be clean, especially if the guy in front was in pole. Personally, the idea of to ruin the poleman's race (or whoever one) makes me feel ashamed. Beside the wreckage (with some payback, I admit), I loved the kinda flow line like the old Zandvoort of Sardegna (except the last fast left before the last hairpin which is lil tricky). I'm looking forward to see some more daily races there.

I guess I agree.
I love the long Spa race and I’ve raised my DR on both accounts racing there however, it’s a real time commitment. As the week progressed, I found that more often than not, I didn’t have an hour to spend or, that my availability wasn't exactly at the top of the hour.
Realistically, one reason I raised my DR is that half the grid was dropping out.

So, I too, am ready to move on.
Same feelings here. The roulette of what kind of neighbours you're gonna get at Spa, plus the dissatisfying feeling of earning places through attrition means it's an hour commited to something (let's be completely honest here) which has the potential to end up being more boring than a lot of the Single Player events.

Ok, you might have a really good race with cooperative partners. You might even just have a brief battle towards the end, but my overall experience has been either race 'ruined' early, or watching the delta as someone faster than I slowly reels me in because they crashed at the start.

Great idea, average execution.

Great week at Sardegna for me, hope y'all had a good time as well.👍

Bunch of great racing over the weekend. Had a couple not-so-great runs but for the most part I kept my 💩 together, which is refreshing. Was able to snag a win, though, so couldn't be happier...something special about seeing the whole train chasing YOU, lol:

Was having fun at T9 all weekend long. Discovered the outside line makes for a great defensive position through T1 as well:

Hope next week doesn't suck!!😁

:cheers:

Back