Your Thoughts on Gran Turismo 7 (Since Update 1.37)

• Thread starter Chris30
  • 103 comments
24H races that payout 2,000,000Cr. With 3,000,000 Cr. CRB?
Cracking Up Lol GIF
If they did exist, I wouldnt care about the credits.
My current earnings are usually exactly 0, because Missions dont provide any repeatable income.

Last edited:
Speaking of money in GT7 I did some math. The economy is inflated about 6.43 times higher than in previous games. If you have 500k in the bank, for example, you realistically have about 73K. If a car is worth 60k its real value is about 9k.

Fired up GT7 over the weekend after over a year of not playing. Yep, it still sucks. It’s the only GT title I regret paying full price for. The force feedback still sucks, can’t feel the road at all. Heck, the force feedback in American Truck Simulator is better than in GT7. It’s totally inexcusable. Back to the shelf it goes, hopefully it will be better in a couple of months.

I have been playing this iteration of the game for only 2-3 months so I can't say that much about how much the game has improved. I know it's good enough for to me to play ~1h a day and that I'll have plenty to do for quite a few months more. I paid 40 eur for the game so if I get say 100h of it, that is already above average.

Upgrading to PS5 and VR2 when things get a little stale could be interesting.

Also, one thing I think could be really interesting and short of a VR but in a different sense too, is having real life races into the game. The Toyota GR Cup is something I liked but what if you get more brands or the FIA involved (again?). It would be amazing to see an Audi TT only championship, or a Mercedes AMG Cup in the same vein of the Toyota GR Cup BUT even better... Take this past weekend for instance: The Renault Clio Cup at Redbull's Ring, the 12H of Nürburgring, the 6H of Fuji, a Mazda 4h endurance race at Tsukuba, some GT Cup at Brands Hatch... That just happened. This weekend. Most (all?) of those tracks and cars are already in the game. How amazing would be to have those races both IRL and in the game at the same time? You can also add access to the YouTube coverage from the game's event menu. That's potential for more GT7 players, more PS+ suscriptions and more people watching that streams.

I have been playing this iteration of the game for only 2-3 months so I can't say that much about how much the game has improved. I know it's good enough for to me to play ~1h a day and that I'll have plenty to do for quite a few months more. I paid 40 eur for the game so if I get say 100h of it, that is already above average.

Upgrading to PS5 and VR2 when things get a little stale could be interesting.

Also, one thing I think could be really interesting and short of a VR but in a different sense too, is having real life races into the game. The Toyota GR Cup is something I liked but what if you get more brands or the FIA involved (again?). It would be amazing to see an Audi TT only championship, or a Mercedes AMG Cup in the same vein of the Toyota GR Cup BUT even better... Take this past weekend for instance: The Renault Clio Cup at Redbull's Ring, the 12H of Nürburgring, the 6H of Fuji, a Mazda 4h endurance race at Tsukuba, some GT Cup at Brands Hatch... That just happened. This weekend. Most (all?) of those tracks and cars are already in the game. How amazing would be to have those races both IRL and in the game at the same time? You can also add access to the YouTube coverage from the game's event menu. That's potential for more GT7 players, more PS+ suscriptions and more people watching that streams.
The ironic thing is, past GT games did have such events. Throughout the Gran Turismo franchise(mainly GT1-4), we did get those type of events. From single Manufacture events(BMW M car and Mercedes-Benz races) to JGTC events, “Formula One” events(featuring various real eras of F1 cars), DTM, BTCC, Clio V6 cup. Not to mention all the Best Motoring International/Hot Version type races.

I recall some Daily races in GT SPORT, being themed to some real life races that were happening around those race weekends. There was even a Gr.4 Nations Corvette versus Porsche race, at Laguna Seca(to mimic a similar final laps battle between the real American Le Mans Series C.6R vs 911 GT2).
I don’t know how themed the Daily Races have been, since GT7 debuted. It’s been discussed plenty, of how easy it would be to mimic real life races. Takes less thought than some of the races players been complaining about.

The ironic thing is, past GT games did have such events. Throughout the Gran Turismo franchise(mainly GT1-4), we did get those type of events. From single Manufacture events(BMW M car and Mercedes-Benz races) to JGTC events, “Formula One” events(featuring various real eras of F1 cars), DTM, BTCC, Clio V6 cup. Not to mention all the Best Motoring International/Hot Version type races.

I recall some Daily races in GT SPORT, being themed to some real life races that were happening around those race weekends. There was even a Gr.4 Nations Corvette versus Porsche race, at Laguna Seca(to mimic a similar final laps battle between the real American Le Mans Series C.6R vs 911 GT2).
I don’t know how themed the Daily Races have been, since GT7 debuted. It’s been discussed plenty, of how easy it would be to mimic real life races. Takes less thought than some of the races players been complaining about.
The Sport Mode Time Trials have tended to mimic real life events more than the dailies (which have had a few but not as frequent I'd say)
The current TT is the DB5 at Goodwood and we just had the Goodwood Revival in real life over the weekend

My opinion: it‘s the same game it was at launch just with more cars and tracks/variations of existing tracks to choose from, oh and now you can buy engine swaps. Yeah I know they’ve made quite a few other tweaks and changes to stuff like physics updates, damage modeling, tire wear rates and a whole slew of other changes I’m not going to list out and discuss individually that technically changed the game, but none of that has been major or really made significant changes to how it feels to play for me. The biggest impact by far was allowing us to buy engine swaps, everything else aside from new cars/tracks is just minor details. Perhaps more has changed that impacts online/multiplayer mode more, but I rarely ever do Sport mode or lobbies.

For this being a live service type game it’s disappointing how little has changed since launch, but that’s not to say the game is/was disappointing. I have over 600 hours in the game and it was fun going through collecting all the cars and engine swaps and tuning for different races and making liveries, but there’s nothing new anymore to keep me playing the game other than an occasional race or two here and there when I feel like it, and to log in just to buy the new cars and engine swaps each content update.
I thought the purpose/upside of live service type games was to keep the game engaging by offering new content or features consistently and players playing, but for me logging on for ~60 mins every 4-6 weeks to buy, mod and tune 3-4 new cars isn’t very engaging.

In the WTC700 at LeMans the weather seems to be lightened up a bit, more of my races are coming up dry or little rain, yes there are still some heavy rains but not every race as it used to be.

In the WTC700 at LeMans the weather seems to be lightened up a bit, more of my races are coming up dry or little rain, yes there are still some heavy rains but not every race as it used to be.
Might have to try that race now if that's true. I never tried that race prior because of the horror stories about torrential rainfall... and well also the exaggerated tire wear that PD seem to be obsessed with. I will say that's one thing that annoys me about all the events that pay out more than 150+k - they all have this dumb exaggerated tire wear. I don't find that fun or challenging, I just find it stupid. I use to do the Spa 1hr race a lot back when the tomahawk could be glitched, and having to pit twice during the race was just odd for what is an hour of driving.

If PD really want to make use of the fuel and tire wear then make proper chili pepper endurance races where an actual strategy is key, not exaggerate things to give an illusion of an endurance race. :yuck:

Last edited:
Might have to try that race now if that's true. I never tried that race prior because of the horror stories about torrential rainfall... and well also the exaggerated tire wear that PD seem to be obsessed with. I will say that's one thing that annoys me about all the events that pay out more than 150+k - they all have this dumb exaggerated tire wear. I don't find that fun or challenging, I just find it stupid. I use to do the Spa 1hr race a lot back when the tomahawk could be glitched, and having to pit twice during the race was just odd for what is an hour of driving.

If PD really want to make use of the fuel and tire wear then make proper chili pepper endurance races where an actual strategy is key, not exaggerate things to give an illusion of an endurance race. :yuck:
It's really weird though, sometimes it will rain about halfway through the race, then other times I enter with a freah start, the race is mostly dry. It's like a roll of the dice, you never know what the weather will do. So I did other events that were more fun like the WTC 800 at Sardegna Track-A, if you get a win, you get 727,500 credits, even if you hit the wall or go offtrack. That is a well-earned moneymaker for people who want to buy the mega-expensive cars.

Last edited:
It's really weird though, sometimes it will rain about halfway through the race, then other times I enter with a freah start, the race is mostly dry. It's like a roll of the dice, you never know what the weather will do. So I did other events that were more fun like the WTC 800 at Sardegna Track-A, if you get a win, you get 727,500 credits, even if you hit the wall or go offtrack. That is a well-earned moneymaker for people who want to buy the mega-expensive cars.
Yeah I've done that race a few times on an alternate account. It was an easy race with the Porsche 962C.

Last edited:

Never found tire wear to be an issue in this race. Unless you're trying to one stint on softs or inters for some reason, you're always going to run out of fuel before your tires are fully in the red.

GT7 is probably the most time I've ever spent on a GT game. TBH, it caters to those that play competitively online and the single player is just an add on. Online isn't boring and I find it has enough events to keep me always occupied. FFB update made the cars really fun to drive with all the fidelity and it's nice experimenting with cars. It's also pretty fun creating setups to try to mimic and match real life track times. To me, this is the most enjoyable GT game I've played and GT4 was overrated to me.

GT7 is probably the most time I've ever spent on a GT game. TBH, it caters to those that play competitively online and the single player is just an add on. Online isn't boring and I find it has enough events to keep me always occupied. FFB update made the cars really fun to drive with all the fidelity and it's nice experimenting with cars. It's also pretty fun creating setups to try to mimic and match real life track times. To me, this is the most enjoyable GT game I've played and GT4 was overrated to me.
Yeah, I probably spend 8-10 hours a day on it, some weeks i'll take a 3-5 day break to recharge. It helps the mind too.

The Major problem Is that PD doesn' t hear customers feedback. We have asked a different career mode and After 18 months we have nothing, only 3 - 4 single events
They have promised more missions but until now we have nothing, no new championships, as a live service the game Is very boring and static

I'm sure PD read the feedback. They don't have to change anything they don't want to change.
We see they do change things, but half-assed... in the players eyes...

Honestly, I think from an ongoing service perspective, I think they need to align their car content and event content pipelines. Right now, daily races are GT3-fests, and even the offline events we get, when they aren't targeted at a specific update car, they're normally WTC800s, which are GT3 events by another name. But the cars we get in updates don't reflect that, so you end up with this weird disconnect where we get great cars in updates, but nobody really cares since there's nowhere fresh to use them beyond one "try out this car" offline event they add, and maybe one time trial.

So I think they either need to go "yes, we want to be mainly a GT3 sim, so the cars in updates are going to be focused there" or "no, we aren't a GT3 sim, so we're going to mix up the online and offline events we add so you can properly use the cars we're providing in updates". I'd much prefer the latter of course, car variety is one of the cool things about this series, but either is probably better than the current misalignment.

Right now, daily races are GT3-fests
I think this issue is more with PD giving up on trying to balance road cars against each other rather than GT7 wanting to be a Gr.3 sim.

The upcoming GTWS Exhibition Series uses exclusively Gr.3 cars for the GT1 category of races, shunning even Gr.4, which I find to be a mess even before factoring in tyre longevity and fuel use. When almost all cars in a given category are RWD with 6 forward gears, it's just much easier to balance them against each other. Gr.4's inclusion of different drivetrain types already seems to be too much to handle, and so I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like trying to balance a C3 Corvette against a DS3, even though their PP values may be similar.

The first Daily Races of GT7's post launch actually involved exclusively road cars, and none of them had BoP applied, meaning that settings were open as well. That very quickly became an ugly mess as players gravitated towards the "meta" cars, and we end up with basically 2 models in any given race, which is shockingly less variety than a typical Gr.3 race.

Me personally, I don't want to invest hours tinkering with a car to find its optimal settings just to be competitive in a race; I like the BoP locked, hop in and go affairs. I will concede though, that I really do wish the single player events made more and better use of the road cars already in the game.

I think this issue is more with PD giving up on trying to balance road cars against each other
As long as PP is no good measurement for a cars perfomance, balancing road cars seems to be nearly impossible to me.

In my opinion, the old PP calulcations were actually better, as long as they didnt break the ingame calculator, though my playtime during this phase of the game was very limited and I can be as wrong as a Tomahawk on 600 PP ...

The game Is really poorly designed, you can't restart a menu book, if you want redo It you have to go to gt wiki to see which races were in the menu, the game Is designed as free to play game, when you buy a car from Legend dealer and go to sell It car value Is less then half without having done any km with that car.
Low payouts, you cannot win any car from menu books After the First Time you play It, missions don' t give you any prize After the First Time Gold.
The game Is really designed as scam for the players

My opinion: it‘s the same game it was at launch just with more cars and tracks/variations of existing tracks to choose from, oh and now you can buy engine swaps. Yeah I know they’ve made quite a few other tweaks and changes to stuff like physics updates, damage modeling, tire wear rates and a whole slew of other changes I’m not going to list out and discuss individually that technically changed the game, but none of that has been major or really made significant changes to how it feels to play for me. The biggest impact by far was allowing us to buy engine swaps, everything else aside from new cars/tracks is just minor details. Perhaps more has changed that impacts online/multiplayer mode more, but I rarely ever do Sport mode or lobbies.

For this being a live service type game it’s disappointing how little has changed since launch, but that’s not to say the game is/was disappointing. I have over 600 hours in the game and it was fun going through collecting all the cars and engine swaps and tuning for different races and making liveries, but there’s nothing new anymore to keep me playing the game other than an occasional race or two here and there when I feel like it, and to log in just to buy the new cars and engine swaps each content update.
I thought the purpose/upside of live service type games was to keep the game engaging by offering new content or features consistently and players playing, but for me logging on for ~60 mins every 4-6 weeks to buy, mod and tune 3-4 new cars isn’t very engaging.
I don't understand why so many apologize or accept the single player. No amount of additional cars or tracks will change that the single player is modelled after a track day, not racing. Back with GT5, the resigned themselves that Online was the place for those who really wanted entertainment, and since then they've steadily cut back on that aspect.
The game Is really poorly designed, you can't restart a menu book, if you want redo It you have to go to gt wiki to see which races were in the menu, the game Is designed as free to play game, when you buy a car from Legend dealer and go to sell It car value Is less then half without having done any km with that car.
Low payouts, you cannot win any car from menu books After the First Time you play It, missions don' t give you any prize After the First Time Gold.
The game Is really designed as scam for the players
I don't think they actually have any game designers on staff. They assign the credit to someone, but there is no game design to be seen anywhere.

I don't understand why so many apologize or accept the single player. No amount of additional cars or tracks will change that the single player is modelled after a track day, not racing. Back with GT5, the resigned themselves that Online was the place for those who really wanted entertainment, and since then they've steadily cut back on that aspect.

I don't think they actually have any game designers on staff. They assign the credit to someone, but there is no game design to be seen anywhere.
I personally purchased GT7 mainly because Kaz specifically stated during development that it would be focused more on single player like the older GT games, so I was hoping for something much more like GT1 and GT2 but obviously modernized in every aspect. Additionally, I hadn’t really played GT since GT4, having not spent much time with GT5, even less with GT6 and never even downloaded GTSport because it was focused solely on online racing, which I personally don’t care for except to race people I actually know.
I not only accept single player, but prefer it to racing randoms online. I also like how it is setup more like a track day than actual race, with the exception of the events that are supposed to mimic real races…the ones that require actual race cars. But for the road cars, track day style makes more sense to me. I know it’s not popular opinion, but it’s mine.
If I wanted to play a dedicated racing game and not a driving simulator then I’d opt for something like AC, iRacing, NASCAR etc. For me GT has always been a unique type of racing game, one that generally best suits what’s I personally want and expect when I sit down to relax and tune/modify then drive some cars.

More often than not when you race randoms online there’s at least 1 (usually more) ****heads on the track which makes it somehow even less enjoyable than racing the notoriously bad AI in single player. Throw in other players lagging, bouncing all around the track (and off) randomly, and dropping out mid race and it’s just not for me, honestly. I prefer single player to that. The single player “story” isn’t good, but I don’t play for the story, I play because I enjoy modifying and tuning all the different cars and driving them around the tracks. Again, I know this is all wildly unpopular and many people reading will probably drop a poop emoji or think I’m crazy, but that’s ok.

I don’t think GT7 is perfect by any means, it has a lot of room for improvement, but I also know that overall I’ve personally enjoyed playing it, it’s just a shame to me they haven’t offered more since release given that it’s a live service game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't understand why we don't get to race the Nordschleife in sport mode.
Why doesn't PD want to highlight dynamic ToD and weather in career races?
Why aren't there proper endurance races?
I thought GT7 would undergo a 2.0 release before the launch of The Movie, because the game really seemed unfinished.
But, no. PD are like: "This is fine."

Fired up GT7 over the weekend after over a year of not playing. Yep, it still sucks. It’s the only GT title I regret paying full price for. The force feedback still sucks, can’t feel the road at all. Heck, the force feedback in American Truck Simulator is better than in GT7. It’s totally inexcusable. Back to the shelf it goes, hopefully it will be better in a couple of months.
You're of course entitled to your opinion but I'm curious out of all things why you're complaining about the FFB. I have the Logitech pro and it feels amazing with trueforce. What wheel are you using?

Many people have mentioned endurance races. I was wondering, would it be possible to do a real, say, 24h race with 2 friends where you get to change driver at pit stop? Has this ever been done in GT7 or GTS? (I mean online)

Many people have mentioned endurance races. I was wondering, would it be possible to do a real, say, 24h race with 2 friends where you get to change driver at pit stop? Has this ever been done in GT7 or GTS? (I mean online)
Could also be a good way to implement B-spec Bob or Sophy offline.

Modern endurance racing IRL doesn't exactly allow one driver to do the entire 24h.

I'm happy with it. According to PSN which tbf is kinda scuffed it's my second most played PS game at like 600h or so across PS4 and PS5. Graphics are great, gameplay is great, online is great, content (cars, tracks) is great, it's just hindered by some of the most puzzling design decisions I've ever seen in a game. The latter also makes a bit hard to not look at the game with a tint of disappointment though, because while I'd still easily consider it the current racing game that's the most fun to play, the potential was absolutely there for achieving more and cementing it as an all-time great.

To their credit they've at least fixed or minimized some of the long-standing issues like not being able to sell cars, the engine swaps and parts being limited to a roulette, etc. Maybe with the eventual Sophy update they can improve it some more or who knows, maybe they can drop-in a whole separate campaign mode in Spec II or something. Or maybe GT8 is not that far off and it'll be easier to see 7 as the stepping stone to something much better.

Latest Posts

Back