Your Thoughts on Gran Turismo 7 (Since Update 1.37)

• Thread starter Chris30
  • 103 comments
As long as PP is no good measurement for a cars perfomance, balancing road cars seems to be nearly impossible to me.

In my opinion, the old PP calulcations were actually better, as long as they didnt break the ingame calculator, though my playtime during this phase of the game was very limited and I can be as wrong as a Tomahawk on 600 PP ...
The 600PP tomahawk was a game changer, it had exposed how bad PD's real time calculations system is. But on the other hand, the tomahawk glitch days (as well as the ticket bonanza) were the only times I really felt like I was being properly rewarded and the only time I felt like my time spent was used to gain progression in the game outside of those initial cafe career menu books. A couple races around tokyo or spa in the glitched tomahawk and I could buy almost anything I wanted. I have been living on hopium for a long time that something similar to these two would be viable to do again. But PD seem to squash all that is fun in 7. Or it at least it feels that way to me. :scared:
I personally purchased GT7 mainly because Kaz specifically stated during development that it would be focused more on single player like the older GT games, so I was hoping for something much more like GT1 and GT2 but obviously modernized in every aspect. Additionally, I hadn’t really played GT since GT4, having not spent much time with GT5, even less with GT6 and never even downloaded GTSport because it was focused solely on online racing, which I personally don’t care for except to race people I actually know.
I not only accept single player, but prefer it to racing randoms online. I also like how it is setup more like a track day than actual race, with the exception of the events that are supposed to mimic real races…the ones that require actual race cars. But for the road cars, track day style makes more sense to me. I know it’s not popular opinion, but it’s mine.
If I wanted to play a dedicated racing game and not a driving simulator then I’d opt for something like AC, iRacing, NASCAR etc. For me GT has always been a unique type of racing game, one that generally best suits what’s I personally want and expect when I sit down to relax and tune/modify then drive some cars.

More often than not when you race randoms online there’s at least 1 (usually more) ****heads on the track which makes it somehow even less enjoyable than racing the notoriously bad AI in single player. Throw in other players lagging, bouncing all around the track (and off) randomly, and dropping out mid race and it’s just not for me, honestly. I prefer single player to that. The single player “story” isn’t good, but I don’t play for the story, I play because I enjoy modifying and tuning all the different cars and driving them around the tracks. Again, I know this is all wildly unpopular and many people reading will probably drop a poop emoji or think I’m crazy, but that’s ok.

I don’t think GT7 is perfect by any means, it has a lot of room for improvement, but I also know that overall I’ve personally enjoyed playing it, it’s just a shame to me they haven’t offered more since release given that it’s a live service game.
I don't think you're crazy at all. I enjoy the Single Player game more than the Multiplayer too. I enjoy driving and tuning cars as well. Sadly, I'd probably be more inclined the drive the cars I tune though if there were incentives to doing so. A smile on the face is fine and all, but GT7's setup doesn't really make me feel like my time is being used in a way that benefits game progression. Without being paid for hotlapping, without an XP system, and (dare I say it) without mileage points I feel like when I do hotlapping in 7 I am ultimately wasting my time. Those three gave incentive to simply drive.

This is just the gripe I have with 7. Overall, the physics are great, and the foundation is there, but it's just that - a foundation. There are no walls (yet). If a person enjoys playing ball on the foundation, then more power to them, honest. But me personally I just prefer some walls for the ball to bounce off of too. If you get what I mean. :lol:

Last edited:
You're of course entitled to your opinion but I'm curious out of all things why you're complaining about the FFB. I have the Logitech pro and it feels amazing with trueforce. What wheel are you using?
I have a Logitech G29. I used the same wheel on GT Sport and the FFB on it was way better. Prior to that I had a DFGT and G27 on GT5 and GT6 and the FFB on those were also better than in GT7.

The FFB is just one of my complaints about this game. Didn’t want to mention all the other reasons pointed out by the others in this thread.

I have a Logitech G29. I used the same wheel on GT Sport and the FFB on it was way better. Prior to that I had a DFGT and G27 on GT5 and GT6 and the FFB on those were also better than in GT7.

The FFB is just one of my complaints about this game. Didn’t want to mention all the other reasons pointed out by the others in this thread.
I agree. I used the g29 before and it was a clipfest. Have to wonder though if it's actually the wheel instead of the game. Hopefully you're able to try a DD wheel in the future. Its really well done.

I agree. I used the g29 before and it was a clipfest. Have to wonder though if it's actually the wheel instead of the game. Hopefully you're able to try a DD wheel in the future. Its really well done.
It’s not the wheel because the FFB is fine in other games like Wreckfest and GT Sport. In American Truck Simulator, I can feel the wheel vibrate whenever the wheel goes over the rumble strips on the shoulder. I don’t get the same feeling when going over the kerbs in GT7. I know I’m supposed to feel it because I can hear the rumbling and that’s what sucks for me.

It’s not the wheel because the FFB is fine in other games like Wreckfest and GT Sport. In American Truck Simulator, I can feel the wheel vibrate whenever the wheel goes over the rumble strips on the shoulder. I don’t get the same feeling when going over the kerbs in GT7. I know I’m supposed to feel it because I can hear the rumbling and that’s what sucks for me.
It is the wheel though (Or combination of wheel/GT7). I've used the G29 for years on GT Sport and GT7 and it was subpar. GT7 with Logitech DD Pro Wheel with TrueForce is another world though... and that's still GT7.

Only thing that sucks about GT7 and DD wheels is that theyre still capping torque.

Well, can someone teach me how to fully master the MT? It's hard because you have to time the gears right for each turn, corner and obstacle of a certain track. One wrong move and it's over. I use the R2/L2 buttons on my wireless ps4 controller. It may be easier with a wheel or a pad, but what do you all think? See I need this in order to get in higher rankings in Sport Mode.

Last edited:
Well, can someone teach me how to fully master the MT? It's hard because you have to time the gears right for each turn, corner and obstacle of a certain track. One wrong move and it's over. I use the R2/L2 buttons on my wireless ps4 controller. It may be easier with a wheel or a pad, but what do you all think? See I need this in order to get in higher rankings in Sport Mode.

Many players use the controls differently. I use circle For upshifts and square for downshifts. R2 for throttle, L2 for brake. Triggers give me better control to modulate accelerating and braking.
Keep in my the cars you’re using as well.

Timing is all about practice. From the members here, I’d recommend watching Tigney’s videos. He provides a bit of depth on brake markers and usually what gear to be in for corners.

Other than that, if you’re not watching racing, pretty much watch racing videos.

The 600PP tomahawk was a game changer, it had exposed how bad PD's real time calculations system is. But on the other hand, the tomahawk glitch days (as well as the ticket bonanza) were the only times I really felt like I was being properly rewarded and the only time I felt like my time spent was used to gain progression in the game outside of those initial cafe career menu books. A couple races around tokyo or spa in the glitched tomahawk and I could buy almost anything I wanted. I have been living on hopium for a long time that something similar to these two would be viable to do again. But PD seem to squash all that is fun in 7. Or it at least it feels that way to me. :scared:

I don't think you're crazy at all. I enjoy the Single Player game more than the Multiplayer too. I enjoy driving and tuning cars as well. Sadly, I'd probably be more inclined the drive the cars I tune though if there were incentives to doing so. A smile on the face is fine and all, but GT7's setup doesn't really make me feel like my time is being used in a way that benefits game progression. Without being paid for hotlapping, without an XP system, and (dare I say it) without mileage points I feel like when I do hotlapping in 7 I am ultimately wasting my time. Those three gave incentive to simply drive.

This is just the gripe I have with 7. Overall, the physics are great, and the foundation is there, but it's just that - a foundation. There are no walls (yet). If a person enjoys playing ball on the foundation, then more power to them, honest. But me personally I just prefer some walls for the ball to bounce off of too. If you get what I mean. :lol:
Completely agree with this.

Many players use the controls differently. I use circle For upshifts and square for downshifts. R2 for throttle, L2 for brake. Triggers give me better control to modulate accelerating and braking.
Keep in my the cars you’re using as well.

Timing is all about practice. From the members here, I’d recommend watching Tigney’s videos. He provides a bit of depth on brake markers and usually what gear to be in for corners.

Other than that, if you’re not watching racing, pretty much watch racing videos.

Allright thanks, I'll start watching his videos and maybe ask him questions on here since he is mostly active like the rest of us.

I use the default controller layout for most of the common stuff, my right thumb is for shifting gears on square and cross button.
What I did change is L1: overtake R1: flashing lights, so I dont accidently press it on the sticks ...

About the timing of shifting, there are only few things to consider:
  • do you want traction out of a corner? (higher gear)
  • do you need to save fuel? (earlier shifting)
  • does your cars powerband have a very strong and noticeable drop at a certain point? (e.g Aston Martin DP100)

Otherwise you can almost always rev to the limit for shifting up, and for shifting down you would do it before having steering input to avoid any possible upsetting, just remember which gear to use on the corner and go down to that (maybe even one gear less, this is something I dont notice, but it is said you while have a better turning with a lesser gear at the same speed).

Not trying to sound rude at all, just curious more of your basic knowledge or experience with a MT.🍻

I’m coming from Sport where I used to use a T300RS and EVo399 Alacantra wheel. I can’t see that in the Controller options - not possible?

I’m coming from Sport where I used to use a T300RS and EVo399 Alacantra wheel. I can’t see that in the Controller options - not possible?
Maybe it's not relevant now for gt7. What other equipment do you own?

Back